Hi Crackberry,

I came across this Blackberry Z10 review. Not sure what to make of it and would like to hear your opinions.

I myself am rockin' the Z10 and although I've had a few gripes with it (mainly because its a completely new operating system - which I was aware of before buying the phone), the issues have not been enough to justify returning it (as a few users seem to be doing).

Feel free to comment.

Regards
    06-18-13 04:22 AM
    It's a mediocre review focused on weaknesses without much, if any consideration of strengths.

One weakness mentioned is the update roll out process. While I agree it is a mess when you allow carriers to control it, that problem exists on Android as well. And, there are answers to it. Both of the Z10s in my house are unlocked. I've purchased SIMs from several carriers. As such, I can choose to get Over The Air updates from whichever carrier has the newest one. And, of course there are leaked OSes out. By the way, the SIMs don't have to be active. In fact, they don't even need to have data provisioned on them.

The other negative is the usual "not enough apps" refrain. Of course that is never truly not enough apps, it is not the app "I" want. That can matter to many people but as was said, many can be sideloaded from Android--something no iPhone can do, should someone wish to run an Android version of an app on iOS.

My general impression of the review is that this person was force to use the phone and write the review as a job and was annoyed by the task.
    akin1025 likes this.
    06-18-13 06:39 AM