I recently sold my supposedly factory unlocked Z10 on eBay (model STL100-1) and the buyer messaged me upon receiving it and said he had tried to put his Verizon SIM in the phone, and as he says, "as I mentioned verison sent a 4Gmicro sim card , installed and the Z10 can't be activated because its locked to another carrier its not (unlocked) as you described." I have no idea what the problem could be, when I had the phone I put my US T-Mobile SIM in it and it worked perfectly. Is it an issue with the Verizon SIM itself or is the phone not actually unlocked?
    06-17-13 07:30 PM
    I recently sold my supposedly factory unlocked Z10 on eBay (model STL100-1) and the buyer messaged me upon receiving it and said he had tried to put his Verizon SIM in the phone, and as he says, "as I mentioned verison sent a 4Gmicro sim card , installed and the Z10 can't be activated because its locked to another carrier its not (unlocked) as you described." I have no idea what the problem could be, when I had the phone I put my US T-Mobile SIM in it and it worked perfectly. Is it an issue with the Verizon SIM itself or is the phone not actually unlocked?
    How do you know that it was factory unlocked? Did you try putting another carrier's sim card in the phone yourself to test that it was indeed unlocked before you posted it for sale as such?
    06-17-13 07:36 PM
    An Stl 100-1 wont work on Verizon factory unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:39 PM
    Are you sure that the Z10 was unlocked?
    If you go to Settings > Security and Privacy > SIM Card is there an option to Unlock Network?
    If you see this option, you're not unlocked...

Verizon SIM in factory unlocked Z10-img_00000292.png

Proudly posted via my Z10
    06-17-13 07:43 PM
    STL100-1 doesn't have the right LTE chipset/bands or any CDMA bands to work on Verizon, has to be an STL100-4 model.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:46 PM
    How do you know that it was factory unlocked? Did you try putting another carrier's sim card in the phone yourself to test that it was indeed unlocked before you posted it for sale as such?
    I just used my T-Mobile SIM, I just assumed it was factory unlocked as the seller I bought it from advertised it as brand new factory unlocked.

An Stl 100-1 wont work on Verizon factory unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    Dammit, not at all? Not even basic functionality?
    06-17-13 08:25 PM
    I just used my T-Mobile SIM, I just assumed it was factory unlocked as the seller I bought it from advertised it as brand new factory unlocked.

Dammit, not at all? Not even basic functionality?
    Nope not at all. Verizon being CDMA has full control of what devices they allow on their network. They will not activate anything other than a Verizon branded phone so the only z10 that works on Verizon is the STL100-4.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:44 PM