View Poll Results: If your AC unit does not work, where is the first place you would check?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Furnace

2 40.00%
  • AC unit outside

3 60.00%
    I had a discussion with a friend who is in the HVAC business and me being a normal Joe my answer was different. So, assuming you have already double checked the thermostat where is the first place you might look?

*Edit*
    My AC is working fine, it was just a question based on the conversation I had with my buddy. Thus the pole options I chose one and he obviously picked the other. I am looking for the average persons opinion
    Last edited by Double_J75; 06-17-13 at 07:52 PM.
    06-17-13 06:55 PM
    Check to see if your refrigerator is running.
    06-17-13 07:29 PM
    I had a discussion with a friend who is in the HVAC business and me being a normal Joe my answer was different. So, assuming you have already double checked the thermostat where is the first place you might look?
    Depends on the symptoms. If it's not turning on at all, meaning the fan/blower isn't turning on as opposed to it just blowing hot air, the first place I'd check after the thermostat would be the breakers/fuses. Even if it was blowing hot air, I'd still check the fuse for the a/c unit as it's separate from the blower breaker on my system.
    06-17-13 07:31 PM
    I'd be checking for the receipt that U paid for preventative checkup...and calling the number on it.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:38 PM
    The yellow pages to get a repair guy in )))))

BlackBerry Z10- I use it for a phone and a computer
    06-17-13 09:11 PM
    I'd check my bar stool are my favorite watering hole. It's always cool in there.
    DocDRM likes this.
    06-17-13 09:41 PM
    Oh, and I voted for the outside unit for what it's worth.
    06-17-13 09:42 PM
    First you must check CrackBerry for a solution...
    06-17-13 10:16 PM
    depends on the system,,, some central air units are furnace/ac in one...
    06-17-13 10:24 PM
    Midbrew beat me to it!

I'd check my buddy's fridge for a cold Mescan stump water or a Rocky Mountain spring water (Corona light w/a lime or a Coors Light) and talk about it until we agreed the only thing that matters is who's making the beer run because we emptied the supplies.

Then we'd forgot about that topic and get on to something that matters. Like how there's nothing better than Texas women!

Posted via CB10
    middbrew likes this.
    06-18-13 12:40 AM
    Considering the upstairs AC in our house is broken and it's the fault of our furnace, I'm always going to check the furnace first.

And it's 85 degrees Fahrenheit right now
    06-20-13 02:26 PM
    First thing I check is the breaker box to make sure something didn't trip the breaker, if it has power I check the furnace/heat pump where the blower/fan motor is.
    06-23-13 04:15 PM