Hi everyone, I'm interested in buying a Q10. I had a Z10 for a short period of time but the phone was a little too big for me and like the physical keyboard. I tried using the mini hdmi connector to my tv with my Z10 and worked great with portrait and it turns into landscape great for watching movies, surfing, etc.

I'm curious how the Q10 works with hdmi out because of it's square screen? From what I've heard the screen doesn't rotate (why would it, it's square) so how does it look when you plug in the phone for surfing the web or watching videos on your tv or monitor? I'm not going to be able to use it if it's only in portrait mode taking up less than 1/3 of the screen.

The only info I've found online is that it detects your display automatically. I'm not sure if that means it takes up the whole screen or not.

Thanks for the help everyone!
    06-16-13 08:36 PM
    That's hilarious I was just about to post about that myself too. To answer your question my Q doesn't project full screen on my TV through HDMI it's projected letterbox all around. I was hoping someone could shed some light on why the Q does this and if it's something that can be changed. Sorry didn't mean to hijack your post but I figured it was kinda the same thing.

Posted Securely Via Q10
    06-16-13 09:53 PM
    Ferada is right. Its just a square screen on the tv
    06-16-13 09:59 PM
    I think your question is answered in this other thread

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=809160

Posted via CB10
    Alystair likes this.
    06-16-13 10:29 PM