So on the Q10 I would like to use facebook , without having my FB contacts appear in my blackberry contacts and blackberry search (that I love and I find it's a time saver), but when I start searching for Marc for example I would love that it only shows my 2 contacts named Marc from my BB and all of the history I have with them (sms,email...) instead of showing me the 12 Marcs from FB. It kind of makes the search function useless if it's clogged up with information that I don't need. And yes I did uncheck the contacts option when adding the FB account to my phone.
    Any ideas?
    06-16-13 01:16 PM
    Go into the main contacts app, then swipe down for settings and disable FB contacts or any others you dont want.

Posted via CB10

Edit: Unless you are on 10.1 this was a bug in stock OS as FB mysteriously came back after a restart. It does not do that on 2354.
    06-16-13 01:20 PM
    Ok is there now a way to remove FB from the search ??
    06-16-13 05:03 PM
    Ok is there now a way to remove FB from the search ??
    What os are you on? It should not be showing up in search in the latest leaks, at least in the contacts app.

If it is, and you are on the latest leak, try a hard reboot or battery pull. It
    may show in the universal search which is probably a good thing IMO.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:41 PM
    BUT...if one of the "Marks" he wants to show also has a FB account, that "Mark" won't show when he searches contacts via Phone if he toggles off FB contacts. BIG P.I.T.A. and I'm not sure how to disassociate contacts from their FB data...stupid Link software.
    06-16-13 09:42 PM
    And even if the FB contacts are disabled, they still link in the contacts app and showing some info in double like the birthday. It would be great to be able to manage what get search in the search app.
    06-17-13 08:24 AM
    any solutions to this? this is annoying me as ****
    10-23-13 03:47 PM