Hi there,

whats all the HYPE with SIDELOADING ANdroid CrAPPS???

Are you kidding me Crackberry??? Are you guys getting paid now or what????

There we have it!!! Rewind two years back! BlackBerry is losing and losing. Last year no new hardware. While iOS and Android is master, BlackBerry is even behind Microsoft. Then there was hope:

BlackBerry 10!!! And thank god god, it made a huge IMPACT with the Z10 and Q10. Best OS and smartphone yet.

At the start the most important and hyped apps (Skype, whatsupp, etc.) were also onboard. And more are coming.

But what is Crackberry HYPING since??? "Wow! Sideload cool ANDROID apps on your Blackberry!!! Wow!"

Gimme a break! I think BB10 has covered important apps. Why HYPING the SIDELOADING ANDROID APPS????

I bought a BlackBerry because I feel perfectly good with its eco system and apps. Why SIDELOADING apps from Android, Apple or Windows???? It's like buying a Netbook and installing Mac OSX inside. Remember this hype in 2009???

If I need Android apps, then get an Android Smartphone.

Or CrackBerry. Do it like this: HYPE only SIDELOADING ANDROID APPS!!!! Buy a Q10 and ONLY INSTALL Android apps, because it's the NEXT BIG THING!!!!

Why BB10 Apps??? We can SIDELOAD now ANDROID (Our lord) Apps now...

Really guys.
    06-15-13 08:30 AM
    Gimme a break! I think BB10 has covered important apps. Why HYPING the SIDELOADING ANDROID APPS????
    Luckily for you all the apps that are important to you are there, available in BlackBerry World. But judging by the many posts requesting certain apps, help sideloading etc, this is NOT the case for a lot of people.

I'm not a huge fan of sideloading myself. I found most apps I want to use in the BlackBerry World. If they weren't there, I found something similar to use. The one exception being Kindle, which is not available yet for the Q10. But obviously people want or need more and that's why sideloading is such a popular thing. And I say it's a good thing too. BlackBerry now has the chance to get those former Android/iPhone people to cross over to BlackBerry, because due to sideloading the app selection IS much bigger. You might consider it all hyping, but for BlackBerry it's about surviving in the current market, making the money needed to continue on as a company. And if Crackberry's 'hyping' sideloading is helping in that, all the better. Because I want to be able to buy other BlackBerries two, three, five, ten years down the line. I don't want to be forced to move over to Android or iPhone because BlackBerry has gone out of business.
    So bring on that sideload hyping. If it makes users/consumers happy, bring it.
    bluetroll and Anubhav Nagpal like this.
    06-15-13 08:48 AM
    There is no hype... just choice
    06-15-13 08:52 AM
    Really? I'll bite. BB10 devices have the ability to run android apps. If you Don't like 'em; Don't load 'em. Why do you care what I run on my device? Next topic please.
    illlya, rkatt, Icarus3000 and 5 others like this.
    06-15-13 08:52 AM
    I downloaded almost all the apps I need from BB World. There were two that I missed from the legacy BB. I sideloaded them. Now I'm happy. This is a bad thing?

Options are good (unless you're married...).
    pkb0yz, Icarus3000 and bbfan1040 like this.
    06-15-13 09:55 AM
    Skype on BlackBerry 10 is an android port. #justsaying

Posted via CB10
    howarmat likes this.
    06-15-13 10:01 AM
    Who cares where the apps come from? As long as they work it doesn't matter.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:15 AM
    It's an awesome feature that isn't present on other mobile os's, it makes bb10 the most versatile and powerful operating system, I totally welcome it and have personally added some free games that I don't have on bb10, fruit ninja, temple run 2 etc

Posted via CB10
    Icarus3000 and rtang1007 like this.
    06-15-13 10:16 AM
    Rant all you like, the so-called "app gap" is real, and sideloading android apps helps fill it while people who can do something about the issue instead of just complaining write apps.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 10:17 AM
    BlackBerry never fell behind windows phone. Even from BlackBerry's lowest point they have always done better than Microsoft in mobile space.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG and bbfan1040 like this.
    06-15-13 10:33 AM
    Bottom line us there are apps we can not get in blackberry world and we can via converting apks

It's not my fault I can't get what I want from blackberry.

Thus way i get everything want. The best Os and the apps I want.
    06-15-13 11:10 AM
    Bottom line us there are apps we can not get in blackberry world and we can via converting apks

It's not my fault I can't get what I want from blackberry.

Thus way i get everything want. The best Os and the apps I want.
    Lol it's not BlackBerry's fault they can't get what they want from developers. BlackBerry did what I would have considered impossible with building an all new OS while at the same time getting developers to code for an OS that wasn't even fully baked at the time. They did pretty good as far as the apps available right now, and we all know it's only gonna get better as time goes on and we transition from an app store filled with indie developers to big named studio developers.

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    06-15-13 11:15 AM
    It's simply a great option for those in need. No reason to get worked up about. If you don't need it .. fine .. others do. Just think of it as another great feature that your QNX device can do .. and you'll sleep better at night.
    06-15-13 11:58 AM
    Please write in all lower case next time. It's not cool. You're not actually shouting.

Posted via CB10
    sanjk1 likes this.
    06-15-13 03:24 PM
    It's the fun that comes from hacking. I stay away from it right now because I've only got one Z, don't have another one to experiment on. There are slight complications like not being able to delete apps, sometimes file corruption, but you are activating dev mode. I guess some people like to have apps they can't get.

I just wait for a stable release that works in BlackBerry World. Besides I like the BlackBerry optimized apps anyways
    06-15-13 04:12 PM
    Fistmaster, eat a Snickers...you get a little angry when you're hungry...

xsacha, sanjk1 and SDTRMG like this.
    06-15-13 04:43 PM
    Relax!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 05:09 PM
    Fistmaster, eat a Snickers...you get a little angry when you're hungry...

HA!

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:58 PM
    Lol it's not BlackBerry's fault they can't get what they want from developers. BlackBerry did what I would have considered impossible with building an all new OS while at the same time getting developers to code for an OS that wasn't even fully baked at the time. They did pretty good as far as the apps available right now, and we all know it's only gonna get better as time goes on and we transition from an app store filled with indie developers to big named studio developers.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't mean to imply it was blackberrys fault. I meant blackberry as a product.

Nor all apps I want are there. I get why.

No hard feeling blackberry. I really appreciate the ability to sideload.
    06-15-13 09:02 PM
    Versatility. We love BB10 OS as we love how QNX works. At the same time, we have apps from blackberry, as well as we can use almost any Android apps too without affecting the OS stability. I see that as a win.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 09:38 PM
    Just because you found all the apps you need doesn't mean everyone else has.

I'm beginning to tire from hearing all these people saying we have all the apps we need in the BlackBerry store. The fact is we don't. If we did then side loading wouldn't be such a big deal. BlackBerry's app store has always been lacking. Might as well start using someone else's app store.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy *** Q10
    06-15-13 10:01 PM
    I have never tried sideloading so far because I have all the native apps I need in my Z10, exactly what I had on my previous iPhone. So I'm extremely satisfied for now. However, please don't forget other BB10 users coming from BlackBerry legacy, iOS, WP or Android really need some apps they had before and wish to have them on their BB10 today. Having capability of sideloading on BB10 OS is a competitive advantage. This is a good way to make BB10 grow faster and more competitive.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-15-13 11:32 PM
    Is this guy for real???

Posted via Crackberry on my Z10!
    06-15-13 11:49 PM
    I have never tried sideloading so far because I have all the native apps I need in my Z10, exactly what I had on my previous iPhone. So I'm extremely satisfied for now. However, please don't forget other BB10 users coming from BlackBerry legacy, iOS, WP or Android really need some apps they had before and wish to have them on their BB10 today. Having capability of sideloading on BB10 OS is a competitive advantage. This is a good way to make BB10 grow faster and more competitive.

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    No it's not, the experience is average to mediocre when compared to the experience on Android.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    06-16-13 12:00 AM
    Nothing wrong with running apps for two companies, what other phone company can boast that........(crickets crickets) yep that's right, your looking at it! BlackBerry baby!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:46 AM
43 12