Just wanted to post a problem I just encountered. I was attempting to delete one facebook notification when I somehow deleted all of my emails from all of my accounts. This is very disturbing, as I was holding on to some for followup. When I checked on my servers for four of the email accounts, only one had the emails in a trash folder. The others were completely gone. Again, very disturbing, as most were business related. Just be careful when your deleting that something like this does not happen to you. This is the one thing I don't like with the new BlackBerry servers.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:06 AM
    I just had this happen to me last night, except I deleted all notifications. I wasn't really saving much, so no big deal, but I can understand how this could mess up someone's day, as I lost texts permanently.

What's the deal?

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 07:22 AM
    Can anyone comment on the mass delete action in BlackBerry hub? I believe it was a "delete everything under" text that functioned just like a regular delete.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 08:12 AM
    Just had this happen to me on my Q10 - I found this thread while trying to find out what happened.

This morning upon waking up, I found that I had received two spam mails overnight and wanted to delete them. For some reason, I seem to have mistakenly activated a mass delete which got rid of all the mail from all my accounts, as well as my text messages and chat history.

Granted, I was half-awake but if I accidentally selected "Delete All Prior" or something, I'm surprised that the warning notice wasn't enough to keep me from going forward - especially since this affected EVERYTHING in the hub. A complete wipe.

Luckily, I only switched over from my Bold a few weeks ago, and I have backups of some of the mail elsewhere.

So from now on, I will forget about deleting spam emails, just for safety. It seems to me, though, that this mass delete of all hub contents is much too easy to set off.
    06-15-13 10:17 AM
    Yep, happened to me the other day. Fortunately, it was just email. Touch/hold on an email and selected 'delete'. Little did I know, I had touched the previous date's line. BAM! All previous email gone! Now, to delete an email, I open it and press the delete key.

Posted via CB10
    Snazy likes this.
    06-15-13 10:51 AM
    Ah, so that's how it happens - it my case I must have selected the previous date's line without realizing it.

That's a handy tip for risk-free deletion of emails.
    06-15-13 11:26 AM
    Ahh, that makes sense. A good function, poorly implemented, imo. I've had issues with touch accuracy, so mis-selection is often an issue. You'd think this function might be hidden behind a submenu or something, as I'm sure businessmen cants afford to lose important text/emails/etc.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:15 PM
    This would make sense in my girlfriends case also then. What a stupid mass delete option to have ! Strange how it seems to have happened to quite a few people so recently then. Maybe something is a little buggy there.

Thanks for sharing guys
    06-15-13 02:35 PM
    Did that also by mistake early on with my Z10. I think the HUB view delete prior should have an extra warning, and maybe require a special combination. Individual account delete prior can be left as is. Now I am VERY careful to make sure I am in an individual account view when doing a delete prior.

I wasn't so concerned about lost texts, but definitely lost work emails. Luckily my accounts are on Gmail and the deleted emails were still accessable on the Gmail Web site under "All Mail" and I was able to move them back to the appropriate folders and repopulate them on my Z10.
    Whew...
    06-15-13 02:48 PM
    If the emails were important I'm sure you all know you can re-download them from the server.
    06-15-13 05:29 PM
    If the emails were important I'm sure you all know you can re-download them from the server.
    On Gmail? If they are deleted on the server or email service?

Surely it would be dependent on the settings server end?

Posted from my Q10
    06-15-13 05:43 PM
    Deleting all prior does give you a warning :

Accidently deleted all emails off z10-img_00000183.png

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"
    06-15-13 05:58 PM
    Yup agreed it does, but for people with confirmation to delete single emails switched on, the routine of hit delete then confirm just becomes second nature. Reading the pop up becomes a thing of the past (for some)

They should at least switch which side the confirm button is on, so it's different to deleting a single notification.

Deleting all prior does give you a warning :

Posted via my bad azzzz "Z"

Posted from my Q10
    06-15-13 06:05 PM
    I was able to re download from one email address. The other accounts had nothing. All deleted completely. And no, that confirmation didn't come up like that for me. Maybe it was a freak occurrence, don't know, but not happy either way.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 02:16 AM
    I was only able to retrieve my gmail emails, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:08 AM
    Just wanted to post a problem I just encountered. I was attempting to delete one facebook notification when I somehow deleted all of my emails from all of my accounts. This is very disturbing, as I was holding on to some for followup. When I checked on my servers for four of the email accounts, only one had the emails in a trash folder. The others were completely gone. Again, very disturbing, as most were business related. Just be careful when your deleting that something like this does not happen to you. This is the one thing I don't like with the new BlackBerry servers.

Posted via CB10
    Delete all your email accounts do a restart and re-add all of your email accounts. Hopefully they are still on the server!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:10 AM
    Thank you for the assists. I wish that was the case. But I have been on the servers and the desktop versions and they are all gone. Ugh! I'll try with one of the emails just to double check, but I think it is hopeless right now.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:16 PM
    Yup agreed it does, but for people with confirmation to delete single emails switched on, the routine of hit delete then confirm just becomes second nature. Reading the pop up becomes a thing of the past (for some)

They should at least switch which side the confirm button is on, so it's different to deleting a single notification.

Posted from my Q10
    The UI clues are completely different for each case. When selecting a single email it turns the background blue and there are more options than will fit in the context menu. When selecting a date header none of the list items change background and the only options on the context menu are Next, To Top, To Bottom, Mark Prior Read and Delete Prior. I would strongly resist making the UI more complex, inconsistent and difficult to use for the sake of people who ignore warnings.
    06-16-13 12:29 PM
    Same problem on my Q10.

This action caused me to loose 3 months worth of data from my email accounts. Strangely, they were in the deleted section for my Hotmail account, whereas they were just GONE from my Gmail account.

I am too nervous to try if the recent update fixed this bug.
    06-16-13 02:04 PM
    The UI clues are completely different for each case. When selecting a single email it turns the background blue and there are more options than will fit in the context menu. When selecting a date header none of the list items change background and the only options on the context menu are Next, To Top, To Bottom, Mark Prior Read and Delete Prior. I would strongly resist making the UI more complex, inconsistent and difficult to use for the sake of people who ignore warnings.
    Problem starts when you do things through habit. A quick delete, with the pop up active, you would touch and hold the screen, wait for the menu pop out, habitually hit the trash can icon at the bottom, then hit the confirm key. Sadly if you do this enough, you tend to ignore what's going on in the background, and just do the familiar things.

I totally agree with what you say that the general behaviours and looks, options etc are different, but the fundermentals are the same. Simply swapping confirm from left to right is not a big change to the UI, not making it more complex, but just adds an extra layer of protection to a huge step of deleting the entire hub.

Posted from my Q10
    06-16-13 02:31 PM
    Same problem on my Q10.

This action caused me to loose 3 months worth of data from my email accounts. Strangely, they were in the deleted section for my Hotmail account, whereas they were just GONE from my Gmail account.

I am too nervous to try if the recent update fixed this bug.
    I think we all agree it's a 'silly mistake', but also it's one that should be harder to make.

I get the impression a lot of the Gmail and hotmail accounts etc are all going to behave differently, depending how you have the account set to behave.

The girlfriend found her Gmail in her 'all mail' folder in the end, after using a blanket search via the webpage. And the hotmail was all in the deleted folder. Needless to say, I have suggested she starts archiving them and using folders in future, rather than leaving them sitting in the inbox.

Posted from my Q10
    06-16-13 02:34 PM
    I guess this is one advantage to not having the "forever" option in sync...you only lose 30 or 90 days worth

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 02:48 PM
    I guess this is one advantage to not having the "forever" option in sync...you only lose 30 or 90 days worth

Posted via CB10
    Haha very true indeed. Small blessing in disguise.

Posted from my Q10
    06-16-13 02:51 PM
    I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this, I've done it twice in the last month on my Q10, but it was totally my fault as I was half asleep and checking emails
    06-16-13 08:57 PM
    Haha very true indeed. Small blessing in disguise.

Posted from my Q10
    06-23-13 04:45 AM
26 12