Well it looks like I need the help of my Forum members. Today my Z10 (STL100-3) shut down and won't reboot. The LED keeps flashing red 1 long, 3 short, 1 long. I have done the battery pull, tried connecting to BB Link to reload the software (which it won't do) and just about everything else I can think of. The battery charge has been acting strange over the last week. The discharge has been more rapid than normal and I thought it was an app I had installed. Right now I have it on a charger to see if I can get it to boot up. I am sure the LED flashing is telling me something, but I have no idea what.
    Any ideas anyone? Could the battery have just failed? Thanks in advance to all.

SBA
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: July 2, 2013

I received my Z10 back today. As expected it was replaced rather than being repaired. Although it did not come in a new box, it had all of the plastic protective covers etc. I suppose it could be a "reconditioned" unit but I will never know for sure. I guess the good news is that it did not take 4 to 6 weeks as I was originally told, just a little over two weeks.

SBA
    Last edited by saabaero; 07-02-13 at 03:31 PM.
    06-14-13 08:32 PM
    See if you can Google the diagnostic sequences. If you have a friend with a z10, try swapping batteries.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:37 PM
    1-Long, 3-Short, 1-Long ? Isn't that S.O.S. ?
    RD9700 and ioan_calin like this.
    06-14-13 08:46 PM
    Very funny!
    And I don't have any friends with a Z10 I can try another battery.
    06-14-13 08:49 PM
    I have replied to two similar threads this week, my phone had to be replaced after all attempts to fix it failed.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:01 PM
    Just change it.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:26 PM
    It's official, my Z10 is dead. It was sent out for "repair" but from the research I have done, and in discussing this with the carrier (Telus) it is not repairable. They have to send it for repair as per their agreement with Blackberry but from all accounts I will have a new Z10 in a few weeks. In the mean-time, it's back to the Bold 9900.

In hindsight, I knew something was wrong. A few weeks ago it began to run hotter and battery life dropped by a few hours. I thought it was an app I had installed but perhaps it was a sign of imminent doom.

I will post again when it is returned - repaired or new.

SBA
    06-19-13 09:36 PM
    The same thing happened to me. The repair shop just told me they can't fix it and the store I bought it from is telling me their warranty was only 15 days and I have no manufacturer's warranty because the phone is unlocked. BB is wiping their hands clean of this and telling me that all warranty inquiries are to be made to the store I bought it from. And I didn't buy my phone from a carrier, I bought it from TekShop.ca. I'll get a replacement phone, but I'm not sure it will be a BB phone.
    06-20-13 02:31 AM
    A BB employee told me that one way to fix the problem is to charge your Z10 for at least 2 hours, install the old Blackberry Desktop Software, connect your Z10 to your computer (start Blackberry Link, if it doesn't start automatically) and then do a Reload of the Z10 (yes, you will lose all your data on the Z10).

He claimed he's fixed several Z10s this way. I tried it with my Z10 and it didn't work. :-( So, there's no guarantee that this will work for you guys.

I'm still being bounced around by the retailer (TekShop.ca) and Blackberry, with each one telling me that I have to contact the other in order to get warranty service. This is the last time I buy anything from either of them.
    07-05-13 11:15 AM
    I've experienced consistent slow blinking after water damage upon plugging in the charger.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:23 PM
    I have the same problem, my phone is on this morning because it doesn't have the auto sleep mode (on and off), I was accessing a web page and had to access my contacts but the app would not open, I did a reboot by holding the power button and selecting the restart BB option and then kept getting the 5 blinking LEDs... 1 long pause followed by 3 short blinks and then 1 blink wiht a long pause. Tried battery pulls, removed my SIM card and SD cards and inserted again. With battery inserted does the same flashing LED.

Tried to access device from BB LINK, but the program doesn't recognize my BB, the Device Manager recognize a BB device but the Z10 (STL100-3) would some how disconnect and shows 0 connections.

I run stock BB OS with the recent OS update, which was supposed to be stable.

Does BlackBerry read these messages, a lot of people is experiencing this issue. I checked their BlackBerry support site and see similar posting.

CrackBerrry, anyone on your team experiencing the same thing, we can't love our BB 10 if we can't use it.
    08-17-13 07:41 AM
    I've experienced consistent slow blinking after water damage upon plugging in the charger.

Posted via CB10
    And were you able to get it fixed? I am in a similar situation...
    08-22-13 07:27 AM
    08-22-13 08:31 AM
    I had the same thing happen to my Fist Z10 and they had to replace it saying it was a hardware issue....well, my replacement Z10 just 2 months old did the same thing so now they must replace it again!!! Frick!!!!
    09-19-13 01:56 PM
    I'm supposed to be getting my replacement Z10 very soon. I hope it doesn't die after 2 months as well. Fingers crossed.
    09-19-13 07:59 PM
    I had the same thing happen to my Fist Z10 and they had to replace it saying it was a hardware issue....well, my replacement Z10 just 2 months old did the same thing so now they must replace it again!!! Frick!!!!
    It took me four replacement phones until I called it quits. Same issue and to add with the Blue Screen of Death...ON every replacement I got.

Good luck!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-19-13 10:09 PM
    It took me four replacement phones until I called it quits. Same issue and to add with the Blue Screen of Death...ON every replacement I got.

Good luck!

Ouch ! That's unheard of. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

I should have gotten my replacement this week, but have received nothing. I e-mailed the store asking when I can expect to receive it, but they haven't replied. Crap. I was hoping to use it this weekend. :-(
    09-20-13 07:33 PM
    Ouch ! That's unheard of. Hopefully that doesn't happen to me.

I should have gotten my replacement this week, but have received nothing. I e-mailed the store asking when I can expect to receive it, but they haven't replied. Crap. I was hoping to use it this weekend. :-(
    It was quite ridiculous AND frustrating! I had installed the leaks which were 'supposed' to break the reboots and then on my last replacement I kept it on Stock. I don't know what was going on, but I needed a phone. I Love BlackBerry and hopefully these reboots are done with forever because I Want to come back. I tried IPhone 5 , did not have what I needed and now obviously I'm on S4. I've been reading up on the z30 and it is the same size as my S4 so it shouldn't be a problem.

Well if you're up in the North area packages are being delayed due to floods and all the bad climate weather happening. I would know because I was supposed to received some promotional product for work Thursday, but saw on UPS site that the packages had a status of 'Exception' meaning Network disruption due to bad weather . most likely I will get them Monday.

anon5645485 likes this.
    09-21-13 10:03 AM
    I didn't receive the phone today, nor did I receive a reply to my inquiry about the ETA for the phone. I'm going to ask him for a tracking number. It's being shipped across Canada, from Mississauga to Vancouver. I haven't heard of any weather conditions along that route that would affect shipping times. I'm hoping he's not bailing out.
    09-23-13 06:01 PM
    I get 3 flashes followed by two. WTH do I do?
    09-27-13 10:50 AM
    I have the option to restore to factory settings. I'm in process of doing that now. Hope it works. Will not be trying this **** again. I've always treated my z10 like a baby and decided to upload a leak and this crap happens. No more if this factory reset works for me.
    09-27-13 10:54 AM
    I have the option to restore to factory settings. I'm in process of doing that now. Hope it works. Will not be trying this **** again. I've always treated my z10 like a baby and decided to upload a leak and this crap happens. No more if this factory reset works for me.
    I said in my last post that I tried a new leak at that time and had the problem. Next solution was stay on Stock from what was released Right out of the box. Same result. I hope you have Better luck than Me.

09-28-13 01:58 PM
    I faced the same problem on my new unlocked verizon version. What I did was, removed sim card and SD card and connected to blackberry link and it popped up with reload OS and boom it took time but updated to new update from Verizon for the same.
    11-19-13 09:05 AM
    I can confirm that this process worked for me. Upgraded my wife's Z10 last night to the latest leak and ran into this issue. Used Link to restore to factory defaults, re downloaded the leak and installed just fine. Turns out I was trying to install from an SD card on my computer and the OS file may have been corrupt (atleast that is my hypothesis :-)
    FF22 likes this.
    01-17-14 03:18 PM
    I got my Z10 to work again after numerous retries and finally removing the SIM and Flash and finishing the OS install and then reinstalling the SIM and flash. My next phone WILL BE ANDROID. I expect this kind of glitchiness and lack of support from cheap Chinese eBay sourced tech but not a (used to be) world class smart phone.
    04-04-15 01:05 PM
26 12