Not sure if it's just me panicking to answer a call but I have an issue trying to answer a call with the slide down action. Would be nice if I could just touch the phone icon to answer or anywhere on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:25 PM
    Actually clicking anywhere on the screen silence the ringtone. But I could not find any other way to pick up the call except for swiping down.
    I think it is matter of getting used to. Give it few times, it will come naturally then.

Not sure if it's just me panicking to answer a call but I have an issue trying to answer a call with the slide down action. Would be nice if I could just touch the phone icon to answer or anywhere on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:48 PM
    There's very few people having trouble with answering calls.. It'll become second nature very soon just drag the bar, seems better then a button. I actually hesitate and go to answer the call and start playing with the bar (green-red-green-red).. actually I've missed a couple calls because I was having too much fun with it seeing how close to the edge I can get it.. Ok call me weird, but it's fun

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    06-14-13 04:52 PM
    Ok thanks. Maybe i'll try going slower.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 04:56 PM
    I know you can hang up with a long hold of the side mute button on my Z10

Sent from my DROID Pro using CB Forums mobile app
    06-14-13 05:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    When I first got the phone I was having the same issue because I would swipe quickly. I discovered if I just press my thumb/ finger on the answer bar and pull down at a steady pace until I reach the word "blackberry" (kind of like the pace at which you would apply chapstick) it answers every time with no problem. Good luck getting used to it!
    06-14-13 05:04 PM

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hope I don't end up with a double post since I tried to respond earlier, but here goes:

I had the same problem when I initially got the phone as well. When my phone would ring i would start swiping and swatting at that thing like a mad hatter...sometimes it would work and other times, not so much. I found that if I just press my thumb/finger on the answer bar and pull down at a steady pace (kinda like the pace at which you would apply chapstick) until I reach the word blackberry at the end, it answers every time with no problem. Good luck on getting use to answering your phone
    06-14-13 05:13 PM
    I’ve watched someone who was having trouble answering their calls… they were sporadically swiping at the bar, often not even grabbing the bar, as it rang they would get more panicked and swipe faster and more sporadically. Stay clam, give the bar a press and pull it down. It seems to work rather well, just think of it like flipping a big switch.
    diffused likes this.
    06-14-13 05:28 PM
    HaHaHa! I needed this laugh today. Me too with the frantic swiping. I'm still learning. Today I learned how to hang-up quickly from a ring; press and hold the display where the name/phone number appear and swipe up to the top of the screen. This will hang up the call immediately. Pressing the mute key only mutes the call.
    06-14-13 05:50 PM
    I'm still having an issue with answering calls by swiping. My phones out getting repairs again so hopefully I can master the answering technique .Lol I hope when the new software gets here there are other options for answering calls .
    09-13-13 12:33 PM
    Can't you use the Volume buttons to answer the phone too? (Vol Down to answer, Vol Up to decline). Can't test this myself because... well.. I have no friends...

Give it a shot though!
    09-13-13 12:43 PM
    Can't you use the Volume buttons to answer the phone too? (Vol Down to answer, Vol Up to decline). Can't test this myself because... well.. I have no friends...

Give it a shot though!
    Ya hear that . lol I'll try that when it comes back for sure .
    09-14-13 03:13 PM
    I had some trouble to in the beginning.
    Don't go too crazy - a nice gentle swoop does it.

Posted via CB10
    09-14-13 03:31 PM
    If you connect a headset with a mic and button you can tap button to answer, hold it to ignore calls and while you're in a call if you tap button it mutes. And holding hangs call up. I use a $10 headset I bought from Walmart so I can answer calls on the fly at work. And text and BBM sounds come through headset as well

Posted Via My Most Used BlackBerry App
    09-14-13 04:36 PM
    I just got my phone back and the swipe answer thing works great now. Barely had to touch swipe and it answers the first swipe. Must have had a problem on the last ones.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 11:28 AM