Hello all,

I just got my BlackBerry Q10 and I was among the first to get it in our country and I simply love this phone, but there are a lot of issues that come in the way.

Firstly, when you try sending a broadcast, how can you send that broadcast to a certain category of contacts that you have created? I couldn't find it anywhere and I had to select the contacts one by one!

Second and most importantly, bbm voice and video call don't seem to work at all!!?? I've been told it might be that it is blocked for the middle eastern region but I'm not sure if that's real!

Would be extremely grateful if anyone had a solution to the mentioned problems

Thanks

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:20 PM
    I don' t have Q10, only Z10 here but I'll guess the software is very similar. I can't get Categories to work in any useful way as I expect . The most I can do is add a Category and put contacts in the category, but I can't get it to display and now I can't delete the test category. I hope this might be fixed in upcoming versions

Video and voice chat - It might be blocked by your network, BUT you will only see the video/voice chat icon if the contact is enabled for these features. IOW you might only see it for BB10 users, and I'm not sure if it also shows up for BBOS7 users who have upgraded their BBM software. It will probably only show if both users are on a WiFi connection (unless you enable "Allow BBM calls over Mobile Networks").

If you can't get voice and video working send me a PM with your PIN an we can try testing, I know it works here in UK.
    93Ramadan likes this.
    06-14-13 06:12 PM
    "broadcast to a certain category of contacts "

I have same issue, got Q10 on Friday and this is the first thing I noticed, I m not opposed to change but they stripped the BBM of a lot fo functionality, hope they can add in the future
    Last edited by Joel Diplan; 06-15-13 at 08:22 PM.
    06-15-13 08:04 PM
    Hello All

I got a very annoying issue using the new BBM 10 on the Q10, well I got a lot of contacts in my list and when it comes to sending a broadcast, I sort my list with different categories, what's annoying is that I either have to send the BC to ALL the list which I don't want, and it's too hard to select one by one since I got a lot of contacts,

Is der a way to send a BC to a selected categories in this new bbm10????
    07-06-13 03:01 PM