Disclaimer:
    You do it on your own, by your will and acknowledging all consequences. I cannot guarantee anything.

This thread is created to share my experience and what I learnt.

You'll need an auto-loader from BB: download link
    Sachibar/Sachup (developed by xsacha): forum thread and download link
    Also a good guide if you want to limit the reading, but need some help how to use it: link
    And you'll need OS .228 softwares. (I'll upload them in bunches) Thanks for the leak Kris and lbfe. All of them are from that image, if not will mention it, and reason as well.
    EDIT: Added Other methods part for reinstalling software.

EDIT: Darcy made a tool for editing backup files. Haven't tried it, but it seems super easy to use. link to thread

Notes: Please report if you find any issues. Also if you load it to other then 10.2.x.xxx, please mention that whether was it successful, and what you're using (model + OS version).

Before you start anything, please read this:
    Pros:
    • it runs smoother
    • it seems that battery at least +25% last longer
    • great new graphics
    • full 4.2.2 android jelly bean runtime
    • partial emoji support
    • EDIT: It should work on both Z and Q with any model number.
    • EDIT: Volume shortcuts now work within Android apps (by Peevish)

Cons:
    • I could not make search feature work (not even type & go)
    • I haven't find any Clock app that can edit your alarms (by restoring settings, I have mine and they work, but...)
    • Cannot browse PC, Box.net, Dropbox
    • Cannot install Google Talk , and cannot update foursquare through BB World.
    • Weather app, Voice control
    • Seems BES do not work. (EAS support is available though)
    • EDIT: BBM Voice and Video does not work
    • EDIT: Hotspot connection seems not to work (waiting for confirmation if hotspotbrowser bar file in Misc software bunch will fix the issue) (by Peevish)
    • EDIT: Twitter authentication bug seems to be present again, but I sideloaded .228 app by mistake (not confirmed with older versions)
    • EDIT: Media sharing is missing. HDMI should work, but not tested.
    • EDIT: WhatsApp disappear from Hub after restart (Solution: uninstall and re-install after restart.)

If you still want to do it, you can use it pretty much without any bigger issues. However this is Beta, and expect there'll be bugs.
    Please do not ask, how to use Sachibar. If you cannot figure out from the guides, you probably shouldn't do this. Also it does not work on Apple computers either.
    Besides I cannot create an autoloader for it. Don't ask for it.

Media apps (Video, Music, Pictures, ):
    download linkWorking with: 10.2.0.341
    Changes: Music app definitely updated. Scrolling long track titles (only in now playing), properties menu for files with full file name, multiple select for playlist. Great additions overall.

Tools (Calculator, Compass, Clock, Adobe Reader, Remember, File Manager):
    download linkWorking with: 10.2.0.341
    Changes: Calculator (few changes, overall better but nothing extra), Clock (alarms does not work), Adobe Reader (bookmark support, and faster rendering), Remember (I don't see any changes)
    Note: Adobe Reader could not be sideloaded, try to download from BB World.
    EDIT: download Adobe Reader 10.1.0.2354 (you should be able to sideload it; confirmation needed, but I restored the same version from backup)
    EDIT 2: Check other methods for reinstalling it

BBM 10.2 Beta (not from .228) w/ BBM channels support
    download link
    Working with: 10.2.0.341
    Note: Seems that BBM Voice/Video could not be restored due to missing services. (thanks ealvnv)

Social apps (Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter, Foursquare)
    Notes: These are the connectors. I definitely suggest to download the apps through BB World, because some of them doesn't even load from .228 (e.g. Facebook). To restore my accounts, I transfered my settings back through latest Link build. Doesn't need to edit the .bbb file. However my restore got stuck at 100%. I hit cancel, but everything was fully restored. I don't believe you can add them through settings. Also you'll need to retype your passwords.
    download link
    These are the actual social apps. I uploaded all of them, but Facebook won't sideload. download here

Docs to Go
    download link

Streaming (Miracast Viewer, Media Streaming)
    Note: Seems that it doesn't work. Media sharing could not be opened.
    download link

Camera app w/ low light mode (older leak by Kris)
    download link

EDIT:
    Other methods:
    For reinstalling apps you can try to browse BB World from your computer and download it throught it. (Thanks for the idea, riv)

EDIT:
    Install steps:
    I loaded back my OS to almost fully functional by doing the following:
    Note: These are all optional steps, except the 1st. You can skip any program if you want, it's up to you.
    Note: If you facing missing feature, try restart first, it's almost fix every time
    1. Run Autoloader from BB
    2. Restore your Applications from backup (my backup is from 10.1.0.2354)
    3. Restore your Settings from backup (needed to add social media: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Evernote account; Note: mine stuck at 100%, so you have to manually restart after it if you run into the same and had to press cancel)
    4. Sideload BBM 10.2 beta for channels (restore channel subscription after restart)
    5. Sideload Media Apps
    6. Sideload Tools (Note: Adobe Reader won't sideload from the pack. Added older version for sideloading, also you find help under Other methods. Besides it'll restore from your Applications backup)
    7. Sideload Social Connectors (needed for Hub integration)
    8. Sideload Docs to Go
    9. Sideload pim.calendar apps (Note: It does not load my calendars (possible that calendars were downloading still) but after installing them and a restart it got fixed.)

UPDATE:
    I changed back the settings app to .228's but still not able to add accounts.
    Also, I reverted BB World (to 228's build) if I can download Google Talk or Foursquare. Still no luck.
    Note to twitter. I experienced the lost authentication bug again (however at least it push my mentions and DMs unlike 2354 after a few days), usually logs back in 5 mins (happened 3 times today).
    Video editing does not open from Video app.

UPDATE 2:
    Here's the links to the rest of the OS .228 apps. I know that some are missing, but I do not feel like messing with working core components could resolve anything.
    all kinds of apps
    PIM apps
    sys files
    Note: I didn't sideload all of them. Expect that some of them you just could not. And for all non-working (they didn't for me) apps, if you want to experiment: download link

UPDATE 3:
    List of updates:
    Older Camera app with low light mode
    Added Adobe Reader from 10.1.0.2354
    Add method by riv to reinstall app
    Added list about working install order (at least for me, but have confirmation of functioning OS)
    Added notes to Pros and Cons by Peevish. Also Twitter notification bug, BBM not fully functional and media sharing lack.
    Added WhatsApp bug with fix.
    Last edited by Adam Szucs; 06-16-13 at 06:03 AM.
    imstig, Mecca EL, zocster and 14 others like this.
    06-14-13 12:10 PM
    I actually got Search and file browser working with the same method yesterday. Same goes for Box/Dropbox apps. Weather, Alarms and Voice Control - no luck.
    06-14-13 12:17 PM
    I actually got Search and file browser working with the same method yesterday. Same goes for Box/Dropbox apps. Weather, Alarms and Voice Control - no luck.
    Could you share, how you made search working?
    For Box and Dropbox, the apps are working, but do not integrate into File manager.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:19 PM
    Docs to go can be added loading dxtg or something like that there 4 of this files can't remember the correct name and I'm not close to a computer, you can also load Story Maker
    06-14-13 12:21 PM
    Would you be able to tell me if that build supports Miracast?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:25 PM
    Is not included in the developer build
    06-14-13 12:26 PM
    Search required a restart - I didn't do anything special to get it working (apart from the restart that is). The file browser is called perimeter browser
    06-14-13 12:30 PM
    Search required a restart - I didn't do anything special to get it working (apart from the restart that is). The file browser is called perimeter browser
    The search looks like that for me. And I did restart it, at least 3 times.
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000159.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:40 PM
    have you found a way to enter the engineering menu?
    06-14-13 12:43 PM
    Media sharing does not open. Something is missing from the core OS.
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000160.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:53 PM
    I would still need to create another blackberry ID rite?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:14 PM
    I could login with my normal one.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:15 PM
    The search looks like that for me. And I did restart it, at least 3 times.
    My mistake - it does not work.
    06-14-13 01:26 PM
    you please provide more pictures? Facebook twitter, ... is working on hub?
    06-14-13 01:28 PM
    Does adding accounts in settings work? Fb/twitter/linkedin

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:31 PM
    sorry im going to be one of those people....

is there the option to add a work account?
    CeeXTwo likes this.
    06-14-13 01:35 PM
    you please provide more pictures? Facebook twitter, ... is working on hub?
    Yeah, if you follow the method in OP.

How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000161.png

Posted via CB10
    Mr_royal07 likes this.
    06-14-13 01:48 PM
    Does adding accounts in settings work? Fb/twitter/linkedin

Posted via CB10
    Settings looks like this. But of you restore your settings from backup, you can add them.
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000162.png
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000163.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:50 PM
    hmm i see i can add an exchange account which would be an ok workaround but i cant add my bes then.

Settings looks like this. But of you restore your settings from backup, you can add them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000162.png 
Views:	2542 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	172132
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000163.png 
Views:	2542 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	172133

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:51 PM
    sorry im going to be one of those people....

is there the option to add a work account?
    If you mean BES by that I cannot confirm, because the company where I work at doesn't migrate yet to BES10.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:52 PM
    hmm i see i can add an exchange account which would be an ok workaround but i cant add my bes then.
    If you try to restore your settings doesn't add BES login info?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:54 PM
    when you go to advanced like in your screenshot above it would say Work Account above Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync... so you just confirmed its not in there.....

If you mean BES by that I cannot confirm, because the company where I work at doesn't migrate yet to BES10.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:55 PM
    If I use my old bbid, can I use my bbid again if I downgraded to 10.1 again?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:58 PM
    Yeah, but there's no twitter, fb, etc... but they are definitely working.
    How to make dev beta OS (10.2.0.341) work normally (apps from .228) - tested on Z10 STL100-1-img_00000164.png

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:58 PM
    If I use my old bbid, can I use my bbid again if I downgraded to 10.1 again?

Posted via CB10
    You should be. Couple of people switched back in another thread.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 01:59 PM
303 123 ...