I have a Pearl 8100 and I have been having issues receiving ALL emails to my phone. I can send an email from all (yahoo and blackberry.net) addresses but cannot receive. I called T-mobile a couple of times but they act like they don't know what is going on. E-mail has always worked on my phone until a couple of months ago. Haven't been in a Tmo store because of my work schedule. Has this happened to anyone else? What are some reasons why email would just stop working?
    10-12-08 04:34 PM
    If none of your emails are coming through, you should try a battery pull and resending your service books.
    10-12-08 04:42 PM
    [QUOTE=sn3w14;824286] What are some reasons why email would just stop working?[QUOTE]

Are you paying for the service? Blackberry Internet or Blackberry unlimited email.
    Have any of the parameters of the account changed? Password, domain, server information?
    Check set up internet email>email accounts and make sure none of them ask you to validate the account
    Service books are damaged or not present, Delete from Service books and re register on the host routing table.
    Delete the accounts from the handheld and re-install.
    have you changed devices/sim card recently? you may need to update the PIN

Just off the top of my head
    10-12-08 08:25 PM
    I agree on the service books. I had a similar problem (can't remember exactly) but having the service books resent solved it. If you can't, you can always call them. Ask for BB support. Do NOT let it slide. Make them make it work. You pay for the service. it's up to them to make it work.
    10-14-08 02:20 PM
    I had a similar problem a few days ago and spent a ton of time on the phone with support. They had me battery pull and send service books several times but I still did not receive e-mails and bb browser would default to t-zones instead of internet browser. After trying all of the other stuff(I was panicking because I never mentioned to them it happened shortly after updating to a .93 beta,) they had me got a retail location and get a new SIM card. I had no idea how this would affect BIS but not regular voice service and sms(which both still worked,) but the new SIM card did in fact fix the problem.
    10-14-08 03:32 PM
    This happened to me once before with my Yahoo e-mail with Verizon, but it might work for you as well.

Log on to the BIS website for your carrier (do a search to find the URL). When you're in there, click on your Yahoo e-mail and select "edit". Then type your Yahoo e-mail password. Click "save" and you'll get a message that your e-mail address has been updated. While you're in there, might as well resend service books (click on the service books link on the left, then "send service books". then reset your phone (battery pull while phone is on, leave it out for 30 sec, replace battery).

My Yahoo e-mails started coming back through within minutes.
    10-14-08 03:48 PM
    If none of your emails are coming through, you should try a battery pull and resending your service books.
    I have tried this numerous times and it has not worked!

[QUOTE=Squeezie;824990][QUOTE=sn3w14;824286] What are some reasons why email would just stop working?

Are you paying for the service? Blackberry Internet or Blackberry unlimited email.
    Have any of the parameters of the account changed? Password, domain, server information?
    Check set up internet email>email accounts and make sure none of them ask you to validate the account
    Service books are damaged or not present, Delete from Service books and re register on the host routing table.
    Delete the accounts from the handheld and re-install.
    have you changed devices/sim card recently? you may need to update the PIN
    Yes, I am paying for the service. I have Blackberry unlimited email. Nothing from the account has changed. I have also checked the validations of the accounts and everything is normal. How do I delete the service books and re-register them? How so I delete the accounts from the device and re-install? I have not changed devices or sim cards. Thanks for your help

I had a similar problem a few days ago and spent a ton of time on the phone with support. They had me battery pull and send service books several times but I still did not receive e-mails and bb browser would default to t-zones instead of internet browser. After trying all of the other stuff(I was panicking because I never mentioned to them it happened shortly after updating to a .93 beta,) they had me got a retail location and get a new SIM card. I had no idea how this would affect BIS but not regular voice service and sms(which both still worked,) but the new SIM card did in fact fix the problem.
    Did you have to pay for the new sim card? If so, how much was it?

This happened to me once before with my Yahoo e-mail with Verizon, but it might work for you as well.

Log on to the BIS website for your carrier (do a search to find the URL). When you're in there, click on your Yahoo e-mail and select "edit". Then type your Yahoo e-mail password. Click "save" and you'll get a message that your e-mail address has been updated. While you're in there, might as well resend service books (click on the service books link on the left, then "send service books". then reset your phone (battery pull while phone is on, leave it out for 30 sec, replace battery).

My Yahoo e-mails started coming back through within minutes.
    I've done this already but it didn't help. Thanks anyway
    10-18-08 12:40 PM
    I had this problem today--incoming e-mail just stopped arriving even though it's worked fine for a couple of months.

I was on the phone first with tmo and then with RIM for 2+ hours. They tried the battery pull, the service books, the re-registration on the Host Routing Table, etc., and I received two of my backlogged e-mails after one of the battery pulls. Two out of 50+ e-mails.

Then, a second RIM guy said that this looked like a problem he'd seen before with facebook. He told me to delete the facebook app, as he suspected it had a bug that was interfering with the data transfer. And he said that it only interfered with incoming messages, not outgoing messages.

So I deleted the facebook app, restarted the BB, and POOF! All my backlogged e-mails came in immediately. After that I re-installed the latest version of Facebook and my e-mail continues to work.

Give that a try?
    10-24-08 09:56 PM
    I just noticed I was having the same problem this morning I realized I hadn't been receiving any emails and friends were texting asking why I haven't responed to emails, I removed the facebook app and pulled battery and emails just started popping in.

Thanks EsquireFlyer!!!
    10-25-08 09:06 AM
    sn3w14

Sent ya a PM a few min ago. Hope that helps.
    10-25-08 11:30 AM
    I just noticed I was having the same problem this morning I realized I hadn't been receiving any emails and friends were texting asking why I haven't responed to emails, I removed the facebook app and pulled battery and emails just started popping in.

Thanks EsquireFlyer!!!
    You're welcome!
    I posted it hoping that the 3 HOURS i wasted on the phone with Tmo and RIM would at least mean that other people wouldn't have to waste that much time!
    10-25-08 11:51 AM
    I had this problem today--incoming e-mail just stopped arriving even though it's worked fine for a couple of months.

I was on the phone first with tmo and then with RIM for 2+ hours. They tried the battery pull, the service books, the re-registration on the Host Routing Table, etc., and I received two of my backlogged e-mails after one of the battery pulls. Two out of 50+ e-mails.

Then, a second RIM guy said that this looked like a problem he'd seen before with facebook. He told me to delete the facebook app, as he suspected it had a bug that was interfering with the data transfer. And he said that it only interfered with incoming messages, not outgoing messages.

So I deleted the facebook app, restarted the BB, and POOF! All my backlogged e-mails came in immediately. After that I re-installed the latest version of Facebook and my e-mail continues to work.

Give that a try?
    I tried this and it still is not working. i tried re-sending the service books and the arrows above the EDGE starts working like something is about to happen and then it doesn't. I am so fed up!!!
    10-27-08 06:15 PM
    It sounds like you have resent your service book, but have you done this from your phone, as well as from TMO's website?
    10-27-08 06:45 PM
    im so glad i found this before i made the call to tmo. deleting facebook made my emails come back! YEA!

sn3w14 i hope you get your email to work!
    11-20-08 08:35 AM
    Hi Everyone,

24 hrs ago my 2nd email on my Blackberry 8800 just stopped receiving email. My Gmail works terrific. I have T-mobile. Called them...did the whole 2 hrs of reboot, re-send Service Books from both the T-mobile site & from my BB. What's weird is my T-mobile email accounts shows both the Gmail & 2nd email as validated.

The rep then told me to delete the email from my BB & then add it back. Did that. Now, my second email shows in my BB email account; however, there's no screen icon for the second email & no Service Books either.

I realized I "hidden" a Facebook icon & thought I might delete the app; however, it's not showing in Applications. There was a Facebook, Service Book so I deleted that.

Still nothing. Still no icon or Service Book for my 2nd email.

The T-mobile rep now suggests wiping out all the app's & reloading....ugh! I really don't want to do that.

Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks! Travelcrazy
    12-03-08 11:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD