Microsoft just release Office Mobile for Office 365 subscribers for iOS (U.S. only, for now),

What effect, if any, will it have on Blackberry sales?

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/office-mobile-for-office-365/id541164041?mt=8
    06-14-13 07:23 AM
    No ..........
    schmeat likes this.
    06-14-13 07:25 AM
    It wont have much effect since Blackberry isnt high on the sales anyway.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-14-13 07:29 AM
    06-14-13 07:35 AM
    Of course it will have an effect. I picked up my Z10 last week but I still carry my iPhone 5. Each time a business app or a productivity app is released on another platform and not on BB, its another reason why users won't come over or won't come back.

Don't be blind, it hurts BB in the long run. Let's see if Microsoft has any intention on releasing it on BB. Of they do, it will be quite sometime. I would think they would release it on Andriod before BB.
    wehttam, Rooster99, Etios and 6 others like this.
    06-14-13 07:38 AM
    Looks like word and Excel on WinMo. That won't be a deal breaker for anyone.

You know what's better than that, using a Citrix client to log into a desktop machine and using the full version if office without monthly fees.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:40 AM
    Sadly, very little effect on BBRY Stock - because BBRY doesn't have a comparable app. I wish they had more business apps!

I use Z10 for:

Internet access
    Gmail
    Games & Puzzles
    Phone - duh
    Calendar - My only calendar
    Extensive Contact info for 200 Contacts
    Facebook
    Clock & Alarm

All of these work fine for me at 76.
    06-14-13 07:43 AM
    I don't think it hurts, you still need to be a 365 subscriber, and run it separately, it's not native like docs

Z10 all day
    06-14-13 07:43 AM
    I don't think it hurts, you still need to be a 365 subscriber, and run it separately, it's not native like docs

Z10 all day
    That's not the point. Microsoft Office is the standard in business, there isn't anything even close. So there is a good chance a customer uses either Office at work or home. If you're in the market for a new phone and want access to your Office docs, the choices are limited. Yes, there is other ways of getting your Office docs, I get that, but to the average user, they don't know these options exist. Smart move by Microsoft.

Blackberry is supposed to be about "business"... right? Tools not toys. Seems to be, more toys being released than tools, at this point...
    Last edited by GoJaysGo; 06-14-13 at 08:15 AM. Reason: grammar
    06-14-13 07:49 AM
    That's not the point. Microsoft Office is the standard in business, there isn't anything even close. So there is a good chance a customer uses either Office at work or home. If you're in the market for a new phone and want access to your Office docs, the choices are limited. Yes, there is other ways of getting your Office docs, I get that, but to the average user, they don't know these options exist. Smart move by Microsoft.

Blackberry is supposed to be about "business"... right? Tools not toys. Seems to be, more toys being release than tools, at this point...

Couldn't agree more. Bravo!
    h20work, Donvald and GoJaysGo like this.
    06-14-13 07:52 AM
    You are not referring to Docs2Go, are you?
    06-14-13 07:56 AM

Blackberry is supposed to be about "business"... right? Tools not toys. Seems to be, more toys being release than tools, at this point...
    I have access to my office docs. I assume I would have more editing capabilities but how does this app give me more access?

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 07:56 AM
    I have access to my office docs. I assume I would have more editing capabilities but how does this app give me more access?

Posted via CB10
    You're a savvy user. I think for most users that don't know of such options, the name recognition will help MS, WP8 and iOS.
    06-14-13 08:00 AM

Actually for the average user I don't think they will see the difference between document 2 go and office 365.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:09 AM
    OK, I think this is not a deal breaker for BlackBerry at all. Who in the world actually edits Excel documents on their cell phones? I am a business user, for stuff like spread sheets or presentations I use my MacBook Air or if I really need to my iPad. A phone is a communication device designed to ease communication between it's users. It's not a full blown computer. I know a lot of business owners with iPhone's and BlackBerry phones, and none of them use it to do spread sheets or presentations. So in the end it's not really a big deal whether Office is on IOS or not because I do not think a lot of people will actually use it on a daily basis. This is my opinion of course.
    06-14-13 08:13 AM
    I get tons of people at work wondering how I open word documents on my BlackBerry cause they can't on their iPhone. I think that the average user don't subscribe to Office 365... and the heavy users would use office on a desktop or laptop (kind of annoying to edit a document on a phone).

Where it might hurt BlackBerry is on the tablet market... Hmmm well not sure if BlackBerry can really be hurted on the tablet market lol

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:13 AM
    Well what about Harmon.ie?
    allengeorge likes this.
    06-14-13 08:19 AM
    I think you have a typo in your comment.

... on my BlackBerry cause they can't on their iPhone.
    should be

... on my BlackBerry cause they can on their iPhone.
    iPhone supports the following formats out-of-the-box:

.jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-14-13 08:21 AM
    To be fair, i don't think I'd subscribe to it... but again, the name recognition will help the platforms that have it.
    06-14-13 08:22 AM
    I think you have a typo in your comment.

should be

iPhone supports the following formats out-of-the-box:

.jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
    Sorry... yeah there was a type. I meant they can't EDIT on the iPhone.

Posted via CB10
    SteveBB10 likes this.
    06-14-13 08:23 AM
    I think Docs to go is sufficient enough... it's not like you can't open docs or something like that..
    06-14-13 08:24 AM
    OK, I think this is not a deal breaker for BlackBerry at all. Who in the world actually edits Excel documents on their cell phones? I am a business user, for stuff like spread sheets or presentations I use my MacBook Air or if I really need to my iPad. A phone is a communication device designed to ease communication between it's users. It's not a full blown computer. I know a lot of business owners with iPhone's and BlackBerry phones, and none of them use it to do spread sheets or presentations. So in the end it's not really a big deal whether Office is on IOS or not because I do not think a lot of people will actually use it on a daily basis. This is my opinion of course.
    I too have a pro and an iPad. Just curious, if you have those two, why carry a Z10 and not the iPhone?

Not being sarcastic, since I two have a Z10, just curious as to your thoughts?
    06-14-13 08:26 AM
    To be fair.. I've never had an excel file, word or powerpoint file on my phone that I've had to view which Docs2Go could not handle. Having a Microsoft product.. which you have to pay for on a phone.. that chances are you would use at most once a month and in my case.. 2 or 3 times a year even though i work as a Business Analyst will have no effect on 99% of peoples phone choices.
    Last edited by BlackB_G; 06-14-13 at 11:23 AM.
    06-14-13 08:28 AM
    I too have a pro and an iPad. Just curious, if you have those two, why carry a Z10 and not the iPhone?

I could see more value on a tablet. But in that scenario I'd be more likely to carry a Z10 and a windows 8 tablet.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:31 AM

I would because bb10 works better in a smaller screen. IOS, in my opinion is just a pain in a small screen. IOS 7 looks a bit more promising but its not out yet

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:31 AM
139 123 ...