Seems to me some people can hardly wait to post anything remotely negative concerning BlackBerry.

If anyone tries to respond they are shot down as fanboys or ridiculed...Does anyone feel it is just an attempt to discredit and smear with increasingly insignificant nothing articles?

Here is a perfect example...250 whole phones, wow...

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aust...-1226663194250

But I can guarantee it will get defended lol
    Anyway, looking forward to your thoughts.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:20 AM
    By not giving the contents of the article, you force people to click on it and give the posters ad revenues for negative stories
    06-15-13 02:01 AM
    Seems to me some people can hardly wait to post anything remotely negative concerning BlackBerry.

If anyone tries to respond they are shot down as fanboys or ridiculed...Does anyone feel it is just an attempt to discredit and smear with increasingly insignificant nothing articles?

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Posted via CB10
    Strange. I guess you're having a bad episode....I do not know why that thread has you so vexed. The thread is here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...kberry-817832/

In it you made some bizarre accusation that my title was "misleading". I explained politely where it comes from, and asked why you thought it misleading, and instead of you explaining I find this thread! LOL. Again, I have no idea what your snit is about, but oh well.

I am sure some find the story "insignificant", and others do not. It's up to them to decide. It was Blackberry news, and that's why I posted it in "news and rumors" on Crackberry.

Ultimately if we decide to censor news stories based on significance, then the question becomes: significant to whom? What objective standards can we arrive at with with to make this subjective judgment? Your objection here (the odd "misleading" title objection from the actual thread notwithstanding), seems to center on the number of phones. What then shall be the number of significance? 500? 1000? 10,000? Of course bear in mind, that any story about BB winning a contract for a lesser number should also then be censored as "insignificant".

As to the number of phones, I'd people can decide for themselves how that alters the significance of the story for them. I think there were a number of good replies, so I'd say that alone shows that it was worthwhile to post.

There are many factors to consider if one is trying to be genuinely thoughtful. The actual quantity, the symbolic significance, the prestige of the institution, the effect it has on perception.....all of these things are open to discussion, and that, in my opinion, is what the forum is for.

On the subject of the latter, that story was given to me by Google as the top/first result for "blackberry news", and that alone give it significance in that context.

In any case, while you are obviously very very upset by that thread/story, I'd suggest simply ignoring it, or notifying a mod if you feel it should be censored. If admin tells me the thread was inappropriate and advises me as to why, I shall certainly try to abide by the rules! The call is ultimately theirs to make.
    06-15-13 03:19 AM

Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian

Here's another example... 500 whole phones, wow!

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...phones-814951/

In this case it was BlackBerry's own marketing department which put out a press release bragging about these 500 phones. (Not quite the same press release as the GS4's 10,000,000 or the HTC One's 5,000,000 in their respective initial months but that's beside the point).

Ultimately if we decide to censor news stories based on significance, then the question becomes: significant to whom? What objective standards can we arrive at with with to make this subjective judgment? Your objection here (the odd "misleading" title objection from the actual thread notwithstanding), seems to center on the number of phones. What then shall be the number of significance? 500? 1000? 10,000? Of course bear in mind, that any story about BB winning a contract for a lesser number should also then be censored as "insignificant".
    So there you go, it would seem like 500 is the magic number because the OP did not seem to mind the Akin Gump press release.
    JeepBB, richardat, h20work and 1 others like this.
    06-15-13 06:31 AM
    I am not upset at all...fact remains the regular "crew" responds in the predicted manner...lol. Thanks for confirming.

Posted via CB10
    Acumenight and Bobcat665 like this.
    06-15-13 01:57 PM
    By not giving the contents of the article, you force people to click on it and give the posters ad revenues for negative stories
    Yes...not that I mind the info, or that the mag who published gets some hits, was more wanting to gauge if anyone else thought the same.

Thanks though.

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 02:01 PM
    By the way Scrid2000, if you look back in the past, I used to cut and paste the entire content of the article to the news threads I created. Then....maybe a few months ago now.....a mod erased much of one post, leaving the link, and advising not to post the entire contents of an article. Since then, I have only cut and paste a few sections....anywhere from maybe 30-90% of the article! LOL. It's a bit tricky, since sometimes I leave out phrases I think are good (though again...."significance" is highly subjective), but I prefer to use large block quotes, so as not to be accused of over-editing! (as you can see, objections, rational, irrational, non-existent abound!)

I try to post some block(s) showing the basic idea, and allowing people to click through...as that seems to be forum policy. I have subsequently seen many people post entire articles, just as I had previously, but again, I am trying to follow the rules of the forum.
    06-15-13 03:06 PM
    I am not upset at all...fact remains the regular "crew" responds in the predicted manner...lol. Thanks for confirming.

Posted via CB10
    AGREED! Finally a point we can all get behind!

I think this thread, and the original one, fairly reflective of the content, mentality, and attitude of yourself and the other posters

(note: that would include your attempt here to belittle and dismiss posters you don't agree with by grouping them into some kind of team or unit)
    mikeo007, JeepBB and bekkay like this.
    06-15-13 03:11 PM
    Lol, yeah it's a balance. The other sites get mad cuz they want the ad revenue, and they complain to CB about it
    You should be Ok to post a summary, and if any mod gives you any heat sick them on me.
    richardat likes this.
    06-15-13 03:13 PM
    While the significance of the news shouldn't matter I agree with the part that some people only post the negatives. However just learn who they are, don't click on their posts, and you find your day much more enjoyable.

A little harder on the CB10 app admitidly because you can't see who made the post before clicking on it, but it's easy enough to swipe back out when you see who the poster is.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:30 PM
    if you have been on this site and spent a mere five minutes reading thru the threads you can pick out the same people who feast on negative information about BB, they gorge themselves on it and then regurgitate it back to us and tell us its their subjective opinion.......it is exactly what it reads to be.....There are many, one who has posted at length on this thread, who claimed BB would not survive to even debut the Z10 and that of course was wrong and that person has been wrong on just about everything he has posted on here.
    06-16-13 03:24 PM
    if you have been on this site and spent a mere five minutes reading thru the threads you can pick out the same people who feast on negative information about BB, they gorge themselves on it and then regurgitate it back to us and tell us its their subjective opinion.......it is exactly what it reads to be.....There are many, one who has posted at length on this thread, who claimed BB would not survive to even debut the Z10 and that of course was wrong and that person has been wrong on just about everything he has posted on here.
    Uhmmm...yeah. I'm not even a frequent contributor or participant here but it is blaringly obvious who the ones are that get hyped and wide eyed excited on only the negative, lol!!

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 06:57 PM
    Can you point them out for us?
    06-17-13 07:24 PM
    Can you point them out for us?
    LOL. We all know that the accusations are vague because they're false! STILL at it....and this from a guy who was so mad when Heins took over that he claimed Heins had ties to a neo-Nazi group!! ...and we're supposed to take his allegations seriously now??
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-17-13 07:36 PM

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/aust...-1226663194250

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Agree100 percent. Especially the person who posted about 250 phones. Whom I have blocked.

Posted via CB10
    richardat likes this.
    06-17-13 07:43 PM
    Yes. Agree100 percent. Especially the person who posted about 250 phones. Whom I have blocked.

Posted via CB10
    Serious question since I've never blocked anyone, but do threads they start still show in the forum view?
    06-17-13 07:58 PM
    By name

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 08:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    I liked this, for the blocking part, and just want to say, that it is a sincere "like". I absolutely encourage those who are so upset by my posts to block me! Why not do it???

If you feel the need to try to get some.....final jibe in at me by publicly saying you blocked me (I always get a kick out of people doing that to anyone....they don't realize it just makes them look childish!), then by all means do so, if you then follow through, block me, and refrain from responding to my posts ever again!

In principle, I would like to think that rational adults would not need resort to this, but let's face it, the internet doesn't work that way....and these kind of no-content, personal aggression posts/threads, just pollute the board. If this is the response one has, blocking is infinitely preferable and beneficial to everyone in the forum! :-)
    JeepBB and mikeo007 like this.
    06-17-13 08:13 PM
    By name

Posted via CB10
    Not sure what you mean. The thread shows or not?
    06-17-13 08:13 PM
    I liked this, for the blocking part, and just want to say, that it is a sincere "like". I absolutely encourage those who are so upset by my posts to block me! Why not do it???

If you feel the need to try to get some.....final jibe in at me by publicly saying you blocked me (I always get a kick out of people doing that to anyone....they don't realize it just makes them look childish!), then by all means do so, if you then follow through, block me, and refrain from responding to my posts ever again!

In principle, I would like to think that rational adults would not need resort to this, but let's face it, the internet doesn't work that way....and these kind of no-content, personal aggression posts/threads, just pollute the board. If this is the response one has, blocking is infinitely preferable and beneficial to everyone in the forum! :-)
    I'm still trying to figure out this blocking/ignore thing. Does quoted text show up from someone you block?
    06-17-13 08:20 PM
    I do agree with it seeming childish though, every time I see some post that they are blocking someone I picture my nephew saying "I'm ignoring you!" when he was a little kid.
    richardat and JeepBB like this.
    06-17-13 08:21 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out this blocking/ignore thing. Does quoted text show up from someone you block?
    When you block someone, you still see where their post would be in the thread sequence, but instead of the text you see a grey box saying something like "This post is hidden because you have blocked the poster. Click here to view the post".

I've got two people blocked, but only because they are irritating, not because I don't agree with their opinions.

One of my block'ees is the guy who relentlessly and repeatedly posts, often regardless of the thread topic, that he's never seen a WinPhone in the wild "not ONE, NOT EVEN ONE!!". Does he still do that BTW?

If I don't agree with something someone has posted, I simply move on to the next post or post a counter-argument. They're as entitled to post their opinion as anyone else.

If I agree with a post, I'll often simply like or thank it as there's little merit in posting an "I agree" post.

If the post is simple abuse directed at someone, then I'll report it to a Mod. As my Mum says, "politeness costs nothing", and posting vitriolic abuse probably says more about the abuser and their inability to formulate a constructive argument than it does about their victim.

Sometimes I'll laugh and shake my head sadly when I think a poster has lost the plot... but I don't block anyone simply because I don't agree with their views. Though I'm often disappointed to discover that others don't seem to share that view or understand that "free speech" is a two-way street.
    06-18-13 02:25 PM
    LOL. We all know that the accusations are vague because they're false! STILL at it....and this from a guy who was so mad when Heins took over that he claimed Heins had ties to a neo-Nazi group!! ...and we're supposed to take his allegations seriously now??
    Looks like a few of the most vocal ones are taking a little time out.
    mikeo007 and richardat like this.
    06-18-13 05:39 PM
    Individuals who are interested in serious, constructive debate that is balanced and fair are easy to spot.......just as easy are those who consistently and constantly "throw water" on good news and celebrate the bad.......you need only read their posts and threads.......
    06-23-13 09:30 PM
    Individuals who are interested in serious, constructive debate that is balanced and fair are easy to spot.......just as easy are those who consistently and constantly "throw water" on good news and celebrate the bad.......you need only read their posts and threads.......
    Which category do I fit in?
    06-23-13 09:37 PM
38 12