I know there is a thread out there asking why you stayed with BlackBerry. Yes, that is a good place for BlackBerry fans to tell his/her own "feel good" story. But I think the question: Why didn't you stay with BlackBerry, is more important. For those of you who left, why did you? If you came back for BB10, why? If you didn't, why not and what would it take for BB10 to win you over?
    revtech likes this.
    06-13-13 08:45 PM
    I left because I was alluded by the iPhone and the os7 on my 9700 was not functional. Lots of freezes, hourglasses, bat pulls terrible browser ect.

I thought I wanted the games and the connection iphone had. And while thy novelty was great for 1 year. It isn't anymore.

I am coming back because the number one thing I do the most is type and an iPhone can't type well. I have numerous spelling errors, auto correct fails ect. That is what is of most value. Also the iphone made me lose productivity.

Now I just want a productive device that is easy to use. That is exactly what te q10 is.
    BBPandy, bluetroll and bb624 like this.
    06-13-13 08:52 PM
    I left because I was alluded by the iPhone and the os7 on my 9700 was not functional. Lots of freezes, hourglasses, bat pulls terrible browser ect.

I thought I wanted the games and the connection iphone had. And while thy novelty was great for 1 year. It isn't anymore.

I am coming back because the number one thing I do the most is type and an iPhone can't type well. I have numerous spelling errors, auto correct fails ect. That is what is of most value. Also the iphone made me lose productivity.

Now I just want a productive device that is easy to use. That is exactly what te q10 is.
    Glad to hear that the Q10 sounds like a perfect fit for you! I think for now, the Z10 is a perfect fit for me. I have left before. I left my Tour 9630 for Android for the same reasons you listed. I came back to a BB7 device which held me over for the short time until I got my Z10.
    j21jam6 likes this.
    06-13-13 08:57 PM
    I switched because it took them too long to make a new phone. Not cool. I came back because they finally made a new phone. Cool

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 12:14 AM
    I left because bbos7 sucked

I came back because bb10 is very nice and I LOVE the keyboard

Posted via CB10
    j21jam6 and bb624 like this.
    06-14-13 12:48 AM
    I left because I have phone ADD. Back, for now...

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 02:05 AM
    I left before bb10 was released, I was on a 9900 and went to a Samsung galaxy s3. I left because the grass seemed greener on the other side. I did have full intentions to come back to blackberry as soon as the z10 was released which is what I did. I had the z10 for about 10 days and returned it. While I loved the UI, soooooo many things were missing including a bunch of apps I use on a daily basis, which also couldn't be sideloaded.

What will bring me to blackberry again is those apps I need, along with some of the features that legacy BlackBerrys had. Oh, and no more random reboots!
    06-14-13 02:25 AM
    Im a BlackBerry fan! Been waiting for bb10 for years.. but since bbm will go cross platform.. it is another reason which i may go to galaxy... the main reason is apps.. the SDK 4.2.2 jelly bean which made everybody happy and my self.. but if i have to download every app by sideloading it by using a PC for me its over.
    I dont want to use a pc to download apps.
    If theres a way to download .apk files and making then. Bar in the phone then im here to stay for ever.

Posted via CB10
    MobileMadness002 and ajst222 like this.
    06-14-13 02:51 AM
    I've always had more than one phone, so I never truly left BB. But right before I got my Z10 I was using it only for BBM with one single contact.

I went to Android and the iPhone because BBOS was a mess that hobbled me. I loved the experience on the iPhone and on my Android devices, particularly so when I got my Skyrocket and that device just blew my mind. The level of customisation on Android was such that my devices were configured exactly how I wanted, I was able to change anything I wanted in the device. I also LOVE my iPhone 4S, and whatever the antiApple trolls say, that device JUST WORKS. While my BBOS devices were bricking, my iPhone kept going, particularly so one day that a 9930 bricked on my way home, on the train, in the middle of my commute. You know what I turned to? My dependable, always there, never bricking iPhone. THAT experience sealed it for me. BBOS was a disaster. That, with the earlier event of the October '11 blackout, meant BlackBerry had gone from a trustworthy device to one that I could simply not trust as my sole source of communication.

I never expected to come back to BlackBerry. The Z10 did it. And my prior issue with the random reboot is solved with 10.1, which was nowhere near as much of an issue as a dead phone in the middle of the day. And before someone comes in with the apologist user error nonsense....I've been using BlackBerry phones since 2004.
    j21jam6, ajst222 and revtech like this.
    06-14-13 03:06 AM
    I also have phone ADD and has had almost every phone out there. The phones come and go and for the moment I have the Z but if I had to keep a phone for two years it would still be my trusty iPhone

I'm rolling with both now

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:19 AM
    I kinda left BlackBerry for the sg3 but I came back because the sg3 has poor reception, reboots for no reason and let's face it the z10 beats the sg3 on every single metric except for fart apps.

Posted via CB10
    bb624 likes this.
    06-14-13 06:56 AM
    i left when still using a 9900 (beautifully made phone that never needed a battery pull - well mine didnt lol) because i wanted to sell it early for more money to save for BB10 that was due to come out in a month rather than sell it after everyone dumped their BBOS phones for the new one and the price was mega cheap. i swapped to a cheapo android for the time being and planned to sell it as soon as i could afford a z10.

as soon as i got familiar with the droid i fell in love with it, i could customise it however i wanted and used the homescreens to set up "schedule" and "assignments due in" widgets that automatically updated throughout the day, i could just swipe across to look at without having to wait for an app to load. i could sort all my most used zoology and microsoft office (type) apps into neat folders that would float ontop of my widgets and look tidy. each home screen was categorized and in order of importance (university, cloud & internet, shopping/banking/paypal, media, games, etc). i got a launcher with an inbuilt side launcher for all my messaging apps so i can swipe up from anywhere to start composing a message (top bar is available in almost every app if you set it on so incoming messages are viewable instantly and i can swipe the top bar down and back up to quickly read it and stay in my app), i could use tasker to automatically turn my wifi on and off when i got home and when i reached university, to open and play music when plugging my earphones in and kill the app when i took the earphones out, i can customise my lockscreen completely (i hate the tiny stock droid lock screen text) now it has a threatening GPS pinging by local police message with a contact number to return (hopefully for a dumb thief who doesnt think to pull the battery out or that the police wont really be pinging it, i will), i can wifi based - password lock individual apps without locking the whole phone and in addition to the widget locker full lockscreen (scrambled order numbers each time so she cant even guess based on where i press on the phone) as i have an extremely nosy and cheeky friend and i hate entering my password at home so automation is so easy and relied on, when i lose my phone i can use lookout to take rear and front camera shots, ping the location with sms gps and signal flare, lock the screen, wipe the phone and automatically receive and email with a front camera shot and location if the password is entered wrongly 3 times.

id like to see at least a few of the following options to consider a touch screen bb phone: i need a home screen (not a fan of being forced to stare at my apps only), widgets or moving active frames like sailfish have (pinnable), a tasker app/capability, more customisation in terms of system colour schemes, a larger battery without having to use those ugly third party fat batteries with a accompanying back panel (makes your phone look pregnant lol). that said i love the design of BB10 UI and android lacks the security and native blackberry protect, regardless i will likely upgrade to the aristo or q5 in red (love that phone its like a badass retro calculator). the things i miss most from my blackberry are instant push emails and instant facebook notifications - i dont know about popular droids like the s4/s3 and HTC One but the only combined email apps i can find are pull at certain intervals or have a horrible design (take a look at emoze push email, lovely app disgusting design), my facebook app tends to get stuck and only notifies you when you open the app (you receive a bunch at once) i also love that flick keyboard and the ability to revoke individual permissions upon app download , android can revoke individual permissions with an app or custom rom but you run the chance of the app force closing
    06-14-13 07:08 AM
    My Z10 started overheating badly out of the blue. Nothing I tried helped. I was forced back to my old SGS2 and found it refreshing and fun to use. I then bought a used SGS3 and am loving it. I'm not sure what I will do with my Z10, probably wait a bit and see if they work out the kinks.
    06-14-13 07:19 AM
    eco-system.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-14-13 07:37 AM
    I've stayed with bb but not sure if I'm going to. Reason, all the delays excuses etc with the playbook, then BB10 was delayed a few times and then when finally released it had too many issues for me. I remember one excuse for the delay was so the phones could be perfect.

What will get me to stay? Execution and support from devs and the company, communication would go a long way too. So far in my eyes it has taken too long to resolve the random rebooting. I'm still planning on staying but not if I keep seeing the phones taking the same course as the playbook, such as updates delayed over and over again and issues not being addressed forever.
    TgeekB, ajst222, revtech and 1 others like this.
    06-14-13 07:40 AM
    eco-system.
    agreed
    06-14-13 07:44 AM
    Why did I leave BB, let's see. Was it the lack of apps, no. Was it the poor battery performance, no. Was it because my BB died on me, no, as a matter of fact my 9800 still runs great. Was it the ecosystem of "Play Store" versus "App World", back to apps and games, no. Was it because I wanted to use a device of my choosing, yes.

What would make me come back. If I decided to use a device of my choosing and it turned out to be a BB. At this point I am liking the apps available in the "Play Store" and if BB wants to say they run Android apps, then they remove the bull**** requirement of converting to Bar.
    06-14-13 08:01 AM
    So eco-system would bring you back...

Why did I leave BB, let's see. Was it the lack of apps, no. Was it the poor battery performance, no. Was it because my BB died on me, no, as a matter of fact my 9800 still runs great. Was it the ecosystem of "Play Store" versus "App World", back to apps and games, no. Was it because I wanted to use a device of my choosing, yes.

What would make me come back. If I decided to use a device of my choosing and it turned out to be a BB. At this point I am liking the apps available in the "Play Store" and if BB wants to say they run Android apps, then they remove the bull**** requirement of converting to Bar.
    06-14-13 08:23 AM
    I left before bb10 was released, I was on a 9900 and went to a Samsung galaxy s3. I left because the grass seemed greener on the other side. I did have full intentions to come back to blackberry as soon as the z10 was released which is what I did. I had the z10 for about 10 days and returned it. While I loved the UI, soooooo many things were missing including a bunch of apps I use on a daily basis, which also couldn't be sideloaded.

What will bring me to blackberry again is those apps I need, along with some of the features that legacy BlackBerrys had. Oh, and no more random reboots!
    Could you please list the apps that you use daily?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-14-13 08:41 AM
    i left when still using a 9900 (beautifully made phone that never needed a battery pull - well mine didnt lol) because i wanted to sell it early for more money to save for BB10 that was due to come out in a month rather than sell it after everyone dumped their BBOS phones for the new one and the price was mega cheap. i swapped to a cheapo android for the time being and planned to sell it as soon as i could afford a z10.

as soon as i got familiar with the droid i fell in love with it, i could customise it however i wanted and used the homescreens to set up "schedule" and "assignments due in" widgets that automatically updated throughout the day, i could just swipe across to look at without having to wait for an app to load. i could sort all my most used zoology and microsoft office (type) apps into neat folders that would float ontop of my widgets and look tidy. each home screen was categorized and in order of importance (university, cloud & internet, shopping/banking/paypal, media, games, etc). i got a launcher with an inbuilt side launcher for all my messaging apps so i can swipe up from anywhere to start composing a message (top bar is available in almost every app if you set it on so incoming messages are viewable instantly and i can swipe the top bar down and back up to quickly read it and stay in my app), i could use tasker to automatically turn my wifi on and off when i got home and when i reached university, to open and play music when plugging my earphones in and kill the app when i took the earphones out, i can customise my lockscreen completely (i hate the tiny stock droid lock screen text) now it has a threatening GPS pinging by local police message with a contact number to return (hopefully for a dumb thief who doesnt think to pull the battery out or that the police wont really be pinging it, i will), i can wifi based - password lock individual apps without locking the whole phone and in addition to the widget locker full lockscreen (scrambled order numbers each time so she cant even guess based on where i press on the phone) as i have an extremely nosy and cheeky friend and i hate entering my password at home so automation is so easy and relied on, when i lose my phone i can use lookout to take rear and front camera shots, ping the location with sms gps and signal flare, lock the screen, wipe the phone and automatically receive and email with a front camera shot and location if the password is entered wrongly 3 times.

id like to see at least a few of the following options to consider a touch screen bb phone: i need a home screen (not a fan of being forced to stare at my apps only), widgets or moving active frames like sailfish have (pinnable), a tasker app/capability, more customisation in terms of system colour schemes, a larger battery without having to use those ugly third party fat batteries with a accompanying back panel (makes your phone look pregnant lol). that said i love the design of BB10 UI and android lacks the security and native blackberry protect, regardless i will likely upgrade to the aristo or q5 in red (love that phone its like a badass retro calculator). the things i miss most from my blackberry are instant push emails and instant facebook notifications - i dont know about popular droids like the s4/s3 and HTC One but the only combined email apps i can find are pull at certain intervals or have a horrible design (take a look at emoze push email, lovely app disgusting design), my facebook app tends to get stuck and only notifies you when you open the app (you receive a bunch at once) i also love that flick keyboard and the ability to revoke individual permissions upon app download , android can revoke individual permissions with an app or custom rom but you run the chance of the app force closing
    Good post. I dont think BB will ever be able to do all that

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    06-14-13 08:43 AM
    I switched because it took them too long to make a new phone. Not cool. I came back because they finally made a new phone. Cool

Posted via CB10
    Summed me up!

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:45 AM
    I left because BlackBerry 9700 was freezing and needed batt pulls. Went to iPhone. Super productive on that phone with iWork.

Came back to Q10 because typos and auto correct stinks and battery life isn't great.

Leaving BlackBerry again because of lack of calendar sync, great GPS like Google maps, and need a more robust set of work apps than docs to go (including alarms on the remember features).

Still love BlackBerry and wish they could get their mojo back.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-14-13 08:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Haha yeah they kind of dwindled and stumbled around with BB7 as long as they could. BlackBerry lost the "cool" factor and quickly became dated. Not the case with BB10 if you ask me!
    06-14-13 08:49 AM
    Apps and not just Angry Birds either. I use two specific coding apps at work every day and they're not available on BBOS.

The constant freezing, lagging, battery pulls and memory drains were another huge problem for me as well.
    06-14-13 08:58 AM
    Apps and not just Angry Birds either. I use two specific coding apps at work every day and they're not available on BBOS.

The constant freezing, lagging, battery pulls and memory drains were another huge problem for me as well.
    And do you plan on upgrading to BB10? It's a completely different experience.
    06-14-13 09:16 AM
99 123 ...