Look, just because I am a little critical of Blackberry but also a believer in Blackberry, but just a slight hint of criticism and they call me names. And then this site sends me emails that I am violating the ethics here while those who actually call me names are ok... what double standard by crackberry.com

There are paid bashers who 24/7 spread lies about Blackberry and they are so pathetic but here if you utter one criticism about Blackberry. I think this extremism is unhealthy.

Come on, if Blackberry is so great, why BBRY has a EV of $4 billion while Apple has an EV of $300 billion.. and BBRY started the smartphone revolution.
    Then these guys have their own facts. They tell lies. They deny that Blackberry traded over $20 in January 2000. Those are the facts.

I have said that many times, BBRY is one of the most valuable company in terms of technology, their PR and IR department is horrible and they cant create enough buzz. With right skill sets, BBRY can be a $200 stock and have a huge market share gains.
    CHIP72 likes this.
    06-13-13 03:56 PM
    If mods said you broke a rule, I'd suggest you look into the forum guidelines to make sure you understand what happened.

If you got called something, trust me, the guys calling you stuff also got a note from mods from breaking the "no personal attacks rule".

That said, I agree, BlackBerry isn't great when it comes to marketing, but it used to be much much worse. But I also agree that just because they traded over $20 (and as high as $70), that means nothing if the market doesn't have positive inticators that the company can generate money.

We all know it can. One analyst is even reporting 5 million BB10 units sold. The market reacs slowly though, and haters will always hate.

So, enjoy your stay and try to voice your opinions with a level head and people should leave you alone/engace in constructive discussions.
    06-13-13 04:14 PM
    It's not that you've said something negative... it's that you've started thread after thread stating the same bloody things. This is why people are barking down your throat. You've made your point, we get it. By rehashing the same stuff over and over is going to draw the reactions that you have.
    06-13-13 04:22 PM
    What's wrong with your other thread that you did an OP in and never discussed anything?

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:22 PM
    Maybe people get upset with you because only half of what you say makes sense or is valid/rational. Like your EV portion of your rant. What does EV matter?

Half your point are valid. The other half are only valid in your mind and maybes you refuse to admit it.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 04:27 PM
    Hmm is there anything we can say to consul you? And do all BlackBerry fans of present need to agree with you to not be considered extremist?

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-13-13 04:33 PM
    Sorry, but BB didn't start the smartphone revolution -- Handspring/Palm did.

BB was the first global multi-billion-dollar smartphone vendor. And what they delivered was good for its time.

Now, the market has gone mainstream, and what we've learned is that more people want a device that plays video games and fart noises than want a device for messaging purposes.

That said, BB's core is still there and still wants messaging.

The inherent battle is simple -- between those who want BB to try and make itself into another Apple or Samsung, and those who believe BB is smarter to tack towards its strengths and enjoy the profitable niche it has for itself.
    06-13-13 04:39 PM
    Out of curiosity, who is it that pays the"paid" basher?
    06-13-13 05:12 PM
    @savingblackberry do you prefer toaster ovens to standard toasters then?

If so, I understand. They are far more versatile.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:58 PM
    Two threads this guy started like this. Did his original post and never came back to discuss.

Gee, I wonder why he gets grief.
    06-13-13 08:26 PM
    Now, the market has gone mainstream, and what we've learned is that more people want a device that plays video games and fart noises than want a device for messaging purposes.
    No, more people want a device that does other things well in addition to doing messaging well. This was the shortcoming of pre-BB 10/pre-Playbook devices relative to other available mobile operating systems for about 3-4 years before BB 10 launched earlier this year.

Ironically, when Blackberry made a device that did some other things well but didn't do messaging well (i.e. the Playbook prior to the 2.0 update), Blackberry was raked over the coals for not including a native client e-mail. If e-mail/messaging wasn't important, Blackberry wouldn't have been raked over the coals for that decision.
    06-14-13 07:26 AM
    Sorry, but BB didn't start the smartphone revolution -- Handspring/Palm did.

BB was the first global multi-billion-dollar smartphone vendor. And what they delivered was good for its time.

That said, BB's core is still there and still wants messaging.

The inherent battle is simple -- between those who want BB to try and make itself into another Apple or Samsung, and those who believe BB is smarter to tack towards its strengths and enjoy the profitable niche it has for itself.
    BB can launch an android slick n cool version compatible with some of the main BB functions .. that should stir things up! .. just an idea

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-14-13 07:37 AM
    ... and just another bull$h!t thread started by "savingblackberry" - I hope you will sell all of your BB shares as fast as possible and disappear than...
    06-14-13 11:04 AM
    BBRY started the smartphone revolution.
    ^ Incorrect! This is not a fact and I'm sorry to say that some of us here are old enough and have delved into many other platforms and can attest to saying this is not a fact; regardless of what Blackberry states.

A smartphone of any design sold nationally or globally can qualify for this and I'd say Epoc, Symbian's precursor was sold in a smartphone - albiet closed from 3rd party apps just like the original pager BBs debuted before them or about the same time.
    Ericsson R380,
    Nokia 7650 - an S60 Symbian device.
    (yes I'm aware Nokia shipped their final Symbian Asha/Anna device and never will again).

Either way he does have a point and no need to be rude stating you hope he sells his shares and be done with BB/BBRY; do you or I even know how many shares he has, what he's lost? Again no point in being rude ... he has a point there are some insane, clearly in need of meds, BB fanatics on this board that don't help others or BB as a whole.

BB is looking more at these boards as CrackBerry becomes so powerful with their influence regarding BB perception, we users should be somewhat more critical in where BB can improve on the platform where they can go with respect to advertising. Yes none of us are specifically trained in either field for a professional executive but that doesn't mean we'd make some glaring mistakes like BB has done on advertising alone in the past

just saying.
    06-14-13 01:15 PM
    short sellers, vested interests like competitors? If i were that powerful to have all the proof, then I would change things. This makes only logical sense because how else will you explaion these people blogging, posting 24/7 spreading lies about Blackberry and maligning this great company with great products (but very bad PR and IR)
    06-14-13 01:51 PM
    The same folks who stand to lose $2.5 billion in the short squeeze. Samsung just got caught paying Korean college kids to bash competitors and sing the praises of Samsung. It happens. Money talks.

To the OP's point:

I believe your main point is correct, even though your language is inflammatory. We can and should criticize BlackBerry if we want them to succeed. For example, I hate the idea of paid invitations for BBM Channels, and I told them so. They can't turn it into a spam farm while it's still in Beta; it will kill it before it even launches. Another example: Their U.S. marketing and advertising has been abysmal. They should be running that cool video that shows the power of QNX in the palm of your hand as an ad.

Yeah, we can criticize without being haters, the same way my wife nags me sometimes, but using words like "Fanatics" and "low-life" is not the way to do it, and that, OP, is why you are catching flak. It's not because you're critical of some things.
    06-15-13 08:27 AM
    How about this company saying same BS year after year?

It's not that you've said something negative... it's that you've started thread after thread stating the same bloody things. This is why people are barking down your throat. You've made your point, we get it. By rehashing the same stuff over and over is going to draw the reactions that you have.
    07-15-13 12:22 PM
    How about this company saying same BS year after year?
    How bout you don't rehash a month old thread that wasn't going anywhere anyway...
    07-15-13 12:49 PM