Hello all I'm using a Z10 on T-mobile and i've been having an issue for a while with text messaging. At first it would send the message but when I clicked on the message in the hub, it would display my previous conversation with that contact but not the message I just sent out. Then sometime around Sunday (06-09-13) it would show the red clock next to all of my out going messages but the message would still go out it would just have the red clock. Now it doesn't send the message out at all. Just realized i haven't received a sms message since Monday night. Day of 10.1 upgrade... Any suggestions?

T-Mobile SMS Text messaging no longer works on Z10-img_00000171.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile SMS Text messaging no longer works on Z10-img_00000171.jpg  
    06-12-13 10:08 AM
    Try to backup, then security wipe and restore. Sure hope you figure it out. Be warned though, sometimes after a wipe your restore won't work. You could also try upgrading to the latest leaked OS.
    illwill718 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:13 AM
    Update it again.

Posted via CB10
    illwill718 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:13 AM
    Problem Solved: Tech support at T-Mobile was no help what so ever, Got fed up and took matters into my own hands. This issue seems to be with the database the houses your SMS messages, it may have been corrupted at some point. I believe mines was the result of doing one to many leak installs. The problems is our text messages and contacts are saved in the settings portion of the backup, so unlike on the old versions of BB Desktop Software we can not simply make a backup of all our data with the exception of the text messages and then just restore it. We have to take extra steps to achieve this...

What you need:

Blackberry Link
    SMS Backup (Download From Blackberry World)
    Contact X (Download From Blackberry World)
    SD Card

What to do:
    1. Download and Install SMS Backup and Contact X
    - Using SMS Backup create a backup of your text messages and save them to your SD Card
    - Using Contact X backup your contacts and save them to your SD Card

2. Using Blackberry Link create 2 separate backups (One with App Data/Media and the other just your settings)
    - In BB Link click on your device at the bottom left, then click on Settings at the Top Right (next to the ? mark), then under Backup put a check next to "Select data to include in your backup files", change the File Name to Blackberry -AppAndMedia-date, then put a check next to Application Data and Media ONLY, uncheck Settings, next hit Backup (either on the left hand side or at the bottom arrow next to your device name.
    - Flow the same steps above and create a backup of just your Settings (named Blackberry -Settings-data), uncheck Application Data and Media.

3. Wipe your phone
    - On your device got to Settings > Security and Privacy > Security Wipe. Type in blackberry then proceed to wipe you device
    *I went as far as wiping my phone back down to factory level, this isn't necessary but i wanted to rid my phone of leaked OS software...*

4. Restore Data
    -Once your phone has been wiped and you have done the initial setup of your phone, Connect your phone to BB Link and restore ONLY the Application and Media backup file. (The Setting backup will not be used, it just for archive purposes)
    - Next open Contact X and restore your contacts
    - Next open SMS Backup and restore your text messages

Your SMS text messaging should be functioning like normal again. Because we did not restore the Setting backup you will need to re-enter any Wi-Fi passwords, Bluetooth connections, Alarms, Notification settings, etc.

REMEMBER DO NOT RESTORE YOUR SETTINGS!

Hope this helps.... if i can help you with any of these steps let me know.
    06-13-13 12:52 PM