Has anyone managed to get the remote file sharing feature of Link working on a Z10 from a PC that's part of a domain network?

My personal laptop at home works, mostly, fine.

My work machine doesn't, I've tried disabling it's firewall, ensuring BB link etc is allowed through the FW when it's enabled, I've tried opening port 4101 on our corporate ISA server, and tried connecting to a public wifi and nothing appears to allow the work Windows 7 PC to share it's allotted location in Link to the Z10 .... so I'm at a loss now
    06-12-13 09:47 AM
    Right, tracked it down some more.

In taskmanager on the home machine, there's two instances of nginx.exe running, I assume one each for the wireless and ethernet connections (or maybe 1 each for IPv4 and v6) .. either way it's running. The program lives in the RIM folder in program files\common files.

On my work laptop it will not run, I've uninstalled and reinstalled BB link, to no avail.

I tried running it from a CMD prompt and it first reported that it could find a file in a folder called ./logs/error.log

So I manually created a logs folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\nginx\

next time I ran it the error.log file it was trying to create appeared.

but it still wouldn't run totally, so again ran it in a CMD prompt and this time it's whinging that it can't find

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\nginx>nginx
    nginx: [emerg] CreateFile() "./conf/nginx.conf" failed (3: The system cannot fin
    d the path specified)

Manually created a conf folder in the same place as the log folder previously but obviously the nginx.conf file needs to have information in it as creating a blank just results in the following error when it's next run

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\nginx>nginx
    nginx: [emerg] no "events" section in configuration

so I'm now stuck. I may have gone up a blind alley on this but for whatever reason nginx.exe will not run and I'm failry sure this is why I cannot get remote files on this machine to work.

Anyone have any input ?? I'm really puzzled how deleting and reinstalling doesn't sort it out though
    06-14-13 04:54 AM
    and more ....

I have a Windows 8 VM on my work laptop, so I started it and installed BB Link, and the remote file access worked fine on it.

So from this I can conclude that there's nothing on our domain network or firewall that's blocking remote file access from working.

However, although nginx.exe ran as expected on the VM it still won't run on the physical pc, which is almost identical to the one at home ...g.rrrr. which is what I'm 99.9999% sure is the problem as from what I can gather nginx.exe acts as a host "fileserver" to the phone from the pc.
    06-14-13 07:47 AM
    Still no further on with this, NGINX.EXE will not run no matter what I do, and without it the RFA just will not work.

Surely someone must have an idea? Does anyone know how to call BB customer support in the UK? I've created the log files from within BB Link and can see it referencing nginx in the logs but need someone from BB to point me in the right direction.

From my research NGINX creates a web server on your PC that feeds using your BB Id to create a secure link to your phone to share the folders you've selected to be available.
    06-19-13 10:33 AM
    There is probably a domain policy blocking it somehow. If you join your VM to the domain and log in on that does link still work?

Posted via CB10
    slparry likes this.
    06-19-13 10:58 AM
    Yes, it works on other PC's on the domain too, I've gone through the 6 policies we have individually and not one of them has nginx.exe (or any other program) blocked from running. I've also tried the local group policy on the machine and again nothing.

I've checked the permissions of the program, and all's fine
    Checked the AV (Sophos) has it specifically in its exclusion list.
    Tried it with the AV and the local firewall disabled
    Tried it over public wifi and company wifi
    Tried it with company ethernet

I saw it pop up once for a fraction of a second in Task Manager when doing a service restart on RIM MDNS but only the once did I see that.

OK I could just ignore it an live without it but things like this bug me, I guess that's why I'm an IT Manager .... IT OCD
    06-19-13 11:03 AM
    Any luck with this Steve? Seems like we're in a similar situation, except you're quite a few tech savvy levels above me.

What's odd, though, is that it was working fine yesterday!
    slparry likes this.
    06-21-13 09:18 AM
    Any luck with this Steve? Seems like we're in a similar situation, except you're quite a few tech savvy levels above me.

What's odd, though, is that it was working fine yesterday!
    Hi Dan

Nope, sadly, no joy. I'm loath to do a reinstall of the laptops OS just for the sake of this, although evidence suggests this may fix it. Of course the problem then would be I'd not know what actually fixed it, if it did work, and my IT OCD would need to know.... so I'm begrudgingly admitting defeat. I guess it'll be something I'll pop in and out of when I have quiet time at work. I figure I may get somewhere if I could send the logs BB Link collects to someone at BB for investigation but I haven't a clue where to send them, all the support options I've seen so far keep directing me to my phone company (O2) and quite frankly, I suspect they're not going to be interested in a PC problem as the phone's working fine.
    06-21-13 01:01 PM
    Any luck with this? My work computer is on a domain, and I am unable to access any files.
    07-11-13 05:49 PM