I've tried restarting the phone, the computer, re downloading link... I've also tried deleting 30 apps and just using the basics to backup.

This is hell, spent 10 hrs of my day with this thing trying... going off the balcony soon!

My screen is separating from the body a second time and I'm sending it in for repair. I need the backup. Any help?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:11 AM
    Mac or PC ?
    OS from your Phone?
    Link version?
    No more games and apps on your phone ?
    06-12-13 07:24 AM
    I had huge problems backing up and tired everything. Don't do a full backup, do a backup without your apps and it will work.

I must have had a problem with one app I installed. I did a parcial backup not including the apps, loaded a leaked os. But now I can do full restores. Give it a try.

I deleted every app that I installed before and it didn't work. This was the only way I got my phone backing up now it works no problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:56 AM
    -Using a PC
    -Link version 1.1.0.33
    -All previous apps gone.. except for whatsapp I need to retain my conversations for work as they contain lots of info on our job sites

OS version 10.1.0.273

I still think it's crazy that I need to delete everything to do a backup.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 04:29 PM
    Are you shure that you running the latest version of link ?
    06-12-13 04:35 PM
    Disable your firewall/anti-virus program. Had this same issue with Link. I had 2 anti virus programs running and one controlling the firewall. I had to actually uninstall one and that did the trick
    06-12-13 04:39 PM
    Hello everyone,

I just jumped to the new T-Mobile .2006 update from OS leak .2354 and now I can't seem to do a restore from link.
    It says.... device software incompatible.
    I tried uninstalling BB link and reinstalling but I still get that same error message.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 04:46 PM
    @op you don't have to remove all apps, but some apps and games bringing problems to Backup your device ( think six guns) there is a list in the Forums.
    06-12-13 04:50 PM
    welcome to the "link is a POS" club. i have giving up on it pretty much. The only thing i can suggest is doing fresh reboots on both devices, disable the wifi sync setting in link and pray
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    06-12-13 05:24 PM
    Disable apps from being backed up in Link. It should work quickly after.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 05:44 PM
    Are you shure that you running the latest version of link ?
    No, the newest link update I'm having trouble installing. When I press update in link, it goes through all the unzipping then stops. I'm gonna figure that out tonight, probably uninstall the last one first then try reinstalling newest link from blackberry site.

As for my firewall, yes absolutely firewall is off and im.not running any anti virus. They're all garbage in my eyes... I am a computer guy, I've trained in electronics, coding, networking and run a company that does home automation. I know my stuff and this is stumping me... I only have so many hours I can dedicate to fixing/figuring out. The last few months it's been a second job with my Z10. Good phone, but I don't think the average person can figure out work arounds

I'll try disabling apps

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bdot-1; 06-12-13 at 07:24 PM.
    06-12-13 06:43 PM
    OK so.. I got the new link working , yay another hour wasted

I start a backup and after 20 minutes it stops. It tells me I have an update to OS .273 but thats what I have installed. Its only 1mb so its bogus. Update takes 15 minutes and completes fine. So I tried backing up again and after 45 minutes it errors and tells me I need to update my phone. I check and the 1mb update is back...... (tried everyone's advice and now pulling my hair out)
    06-12-13 08:00 PM
    Try putting phone in airplane mode and backup by USB cable.
    06-12-13 09:07 PM
    I will try airplane mode next, thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:02 AM