Or should I say upsideS

1) the concept of buttonless navigation will be introduced to millions more of current smartphone users.

2) gestures in native iOS apps like mail client will have developers following suit... Making iOS porting to BB10 a clearer path.

I believe that just like making BBM available on iOS and Android, proliferation of gestures to those platforms will have users on competitive platforms seeing the light and bring developers into the fold.
    06-11-13 11:53 PM
    I'm guessing you always see the silver lining
    agp101, Dzyen, dc08879 and 1 others like this.
    06-11-13 11:57 PM
    I happen to believe that the BB10 architecture is superior to the competitors, and that BB10 has serious but underappreciated advantages over other platforms... gestures are not technically exclusive to BB10 but for iOS and Android to gain BB10's deep-down capabilities those OSes would probably have to sacrifice backward compatibility or the change would have to proceed glacially.
    sam299 and 00stryder like this.
    06-12-13 12:05 AM
    I don't think Apple's gone totally "buttonless." iOS still requires the home button (as iOS 7 will be for iPhone 4 and later) so as far as changing the "in-out paradigm" that Mr. Heins claims has dominated the mobile space, Apple hasn't changed.

On the other hand, I agree with the notion that it's good. Now that the iPhone is using more gestures, people will definitely give other gesture-based phones a chance knowing that, even going with the iPhone, they'll have to get used to some gestures anyway. In my opinion, the total dependence on gestures in BlackBerry 10 is superior to half-implementation in iOS.
    sam299 and thekidshop like this.
    06-12-13 12:09 AM
    Apple WILL one day get rid of the home button, thus freeing up space internally and externally.

Posted via CB10
    lorax1284, Jerale Hoard and pallox like this.
    06-12-13 07:44 AM
    I'll be watching for all those old iPhone users who will spend 5-6 days getting used to the awesome new gestures, those same users who tried using the Z10 for 10 minutes and gave up because the gestures were too complicated or not intuitive. Many of them, by the way, would be so-called "device reviewers" * cough* cnet *cough* bgr* cough*

But yes, I think it's still good for BB, I have my doubts on multi-tasking while relying on the home button.
    sam299, agp101, 00stryder and 2 others like this.
    06-12-13 09:43 AM
    06-12-13 09:58 PM
    I'll be watching for all those old iPhone users who will spend 5-6 days getting used to the awesome new gestures, those same users who tried using the Z10 for 10 minutes and gave up because the gestures were too complicated or not intuitive. Many of them, by the way, would be so-called "device reviewers" * cough* cnet *cough* bgr* cough*

But yes, I think it's still good for BB, I have my doubts on multi-tasking while relying on the home button.
    It's so true though. What a double standard.

Posted via CB10
    sam299 likes this.
    06-12-13 10:30 PM
    Of course they do, haha. When do they not? Did the lock bypass glitch ever even get ironed out of ios6?
    06-12-13 10:32 PM
    After being a iOs user for years, i must admit the innovation is not anymore in  side, many of the features they present in iOs7 are already in others devices for some time , and even their parallax is not coming from them

, but anyway lucky BB10 exist ;-)
    06-13-13 06:53 PM
    Apple WILL one day get rid of the home button, thus freeing up space internally and externally.
    The home button may not be completely phased out, based on some scattered reports of implementing fingerprint scanning technology:

New iPhone: Sapphire crystal fingerprint scanner 'to be embedded in home button' - iPad/iPhone - Macworld UK

But I agree mechanical buttons have limted usefulness.

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 07:16 PM
    I just saw @Cnet tweet that ios7 will now let users zoom while recording a video. Are they serious?? Apple products can't zoom in while recording video at the moment?! Damn, welcome to 2013. That's sad.

@CNET: iOS 7 said to let users zoom while recording video https://t.co/dXYog45MQt

Original: https://twitter.com/CNET/status/345342405710577664

Shared via Blaq for BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:10 PM
    They're actually gonna put that on the iPhone? That'll be sooooo annoying and gimmicky. Gah. This is stuff I had on JB but removed after a day cuz it wasn't practical.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-14-13 12:08 AM

Exactly, I see this as a pathway to getting users that are unfamiliar with gesture-based UIs to be more open to BB10 and, after falling in love with gesturing on their iOS7 devices, seeing how much more powerful gestures are on BB10. No, it's not as pretty as gestures on iOS7, but you can definitely do more on BB10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10 & loving it!
    06-14-13 01:41 AM