The similarities between the two are uncanny.

iOS 7 - 2013:

TAT - 2009:
    bquinney and dr_hamed97 like this.
    06-11-13 02:29 PM
    This is the stuff that we need to put in to get the WOW we need to win back markets.
    Same with Cinnamon Toast and the confetti.

Why BB10 is not doign these is beyond me.

Anyone remeber the Photo app as well? WTF is that. I expected that to be in BB10 already.
    06-11-13 02:31 PM
    Yep, that's pretty cool.
    06-11-13 02:32 PM
    That is cool, but I'm not seeing the similarities. What am I missing?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 02:39 PM
    IOS 7 is using the same feature of layering and flat icons with 3d look! Blackberry! You purchased TaT for a reason! Use those reasons!!!!!! Start implementing these features and do it before other systems start getting all the credit! Cinnamon Toast has to be implemented in 11. The next major update better Include these features! Bb10 has amazing potential and BlackBerry better start realizing this potential! The lock screen on BB10 could be 100x better than IOS and android if they implement cinnamon toast or similar features. On my mobile. Will post my idea when I get home!

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 03:10 PM
    I'd settle for charging a dollar per device its installed on.
    06-11-13 03:13 PM
    Pretty cool, yet for whatever reason, BlackBerry chose not to build that into BB10. They need to jump on things like this and not let competitors execute and get it out of the gate first.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1 and MasterOfBinary like this.
    06-11-13 03:21 PM
    Pretty cool, yet for whatever reason, BlackBerry chose not to build that into BB10. They need to jump on things like this and not let competitors execute and get it out of the gate first.

Posted via CB10
    In Disney, they've got a section called Imageneering. That was where the really creative geeks gathered. The Disney rides come through a bunch of geeks getting together and thinking out, way out of the box. Often they would go away, to the parks in different locations from home. Let imagination run.

BlackBerry needs the kind of out of the box thinking that the Imageneering group embraces.

Yah, you can make fun and say iPhones are toys and ridicule what I'm saying by calling Mickey Mouse thinking. But guess what....imagination and creativity caused the iPhone to explode into the smartphone market. It's not enough to have the tools with which to create something. A flat piece of paper is nothing until someone turns it into an origami swan. TAT's possibilities seem to have been wasted.
    06-11-13 03:33 PM
    I had high hopes with the use of TAT, but everything that has been shown by them with apps and cool features don't seem to materialize beyond a demo or proof of concept. I really think that BlackBerry is at least a year behind where they thought would be with BB10 when they bought TAT. Hopefully now that the base OS is out, and is very good, they can release the hounds and start doing the cooler stuff now that they have shown off from TAT.
    06-11-13 03:42 PM
    Crazy.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 04:04 PM
    This was my idea that BlackBerry should implement into the Lock Screen! It is using some ideas from TAT and implementing them in a very functional way that everyone (I believe) would be extremely happy to welcome to BB10!

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ements-801960/
    06-11-13 04:44 PM
    The reason why BlackBerry didn't inherit this technology (with the acquisition of TAT) is because Apple were awarded the patent for it back in February of last year I believe. The patent was filed and subsequently granted a while after TAT first demoed it - but (crucially) before they were acquired by BlackBerry (unfortunately for us). So this is one that 'got away' I'm afraid. We'll just have to hope they've still got some magic left in the tank - because Jelly Bean and iOS7 are now two very highly polished (and capable) operating systems.
    06-11-13 05:54 PM
    The reason why BlackBerry didn't inherit this technology (with the acquisition of TAT) is because Apple were awarded the patent for it back in February of last year I believe. The patent was filed and subsequently granted a while after TAT first demoed it - but (crucially) before they were acquired by BlackBerry (unfortunately for us). So this is one that 'got away' I'm afraid. We'll just have to hope they've still got some magic left in the tank - because Jelly Bean and iOS7 are now two very highly polished (and capable) operating systems.
    Blackberry acquired TAT years before last February...so this makes no sense...they acquired them in December of 2010

Also, even if they file a patent for it last February...and even if BlackBerry didn't know TAT...would TAT not have a patent on their technology and ideas? TAT was a company after all and I must assume they patented ideas as well...and thus BB would acquire all of those patents once they purchased TAT
    06-11-13 06:08 PM
    Blackberry acquired TAT years before last February...so this makes no sense...they acquired them in December of 2010

Also, even if they file a patent for it last February...and even if BlackBerry didn't know TAT...would TAT not have a patent on their technology and ideas? TAT was a company after all and I must assume they patented ideas as well...and thus BB would acquire all of those patents once they purchased TAT
    I am by no means knowledgable on patents beyond the statement that the US Patent system is a mess. I would like to attempt to answer your question by quoting someone I know outside of CrackBerry..."Prior art would at least give (company name here) the ability to use/distribute this freely if not render any other patents filed after the prior art was established, void."
    wehttam likes this.
    06-11-13 06:16 PM
    Come on now, Parallax view predates this TAT video by several years.

I remember downloading an app like this on the iPhone years ago.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-11-13 06:53 PM

They were granted the patent back in Feb 2012 - that doesn't mean that's when it was filed. It's worth noting that patents can take years to be processed. I also remember reading that they were very specific with their patent application in terms of its intended use within an OS - leaving very little room for BlackBerry (or anyone else) to implement it in a similar way.
    06-11-13 07:26 PM
    Come on now, Parallax view predates this TAT video by several years.

I remember downloading an app like this on the iPhone years ago.
    Can you explain how when the Iphone 4 only came out in 2011? I think you're full of sh!t.
    06-12-13 05:31 AM
    Can you explain how when the Iphone 4 only came out in 2011? I think you're full of sh!t.

Last edited by notfanboy; 06-12-13 at 06:30 AM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-12-13 06:02 AM
    As I said in another thread, RIM bought TAT, stuck a big ball and chain on them and got rid of their leader. You can buy a company but you can't guarantee the workers would stay. I think they seriously stumped their creativity by joining with a big corporation.
    kbz1960 and JeepBB like this.
    06-12-13 06:16 AM
    I've been hearing for some time now that TAT is busy making dev tools etc. With that I'm still shocked there isn't more TAT seen in anything.
    06-12-13 06:25 AM
    I've been hearing for some time now that TAT is busy making dev tools etc. With that I'm still shocked there isn't more TAT seen in anything.
    There seems to be plenty of dev tools now, we need TAT making some amazing apps for the device if they are not. Waste of a great acquisition.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 06:31 AM
    I believe the iPhone 4 came out on 2010. The Verizon variant was the one that came out in 2011.

The white iPhone 4 was delayed and didn't come out until 2011.

That was the reason I waited for the iPhone 4S. By the time it became available it was so close to the next iPhone that I skipped the 4 entirely.

Posted from my amazing Z10 via CB10
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-12-13 06:31 AM
    If anyone is interested in playing with this and you have an Android phone, Gyrospace 3D is a free download.

06-12-13 06:36 AM
    The moment I saw this I thought to myself "this would be a great demo when dealers and reps come to town". It is gimmicky but would have been one of those WOW moments that could help to reel customers in. Too bad really

06-12-13 07:52 AM
    So the message from this thread is..... BlackBerry once again dropped the ball.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-12-13 07:54 AM
112 123 ...