My Z10 WiFi connection keeps dropping for no reason. I have updated the OS to 10.1 but still no changes. I always have to disable the WiFi connection and enabler it again to get 1 or 2 minutes of connectivity.
    Does anyone have the same problem with their Z10 too?
    06-11-13 10:31 AM
    Occasionally, but only on my home network.

I found that completely deleting the settings, and re-doing them (and restarting the Z10) solved it - had no issue for a few weeks now.
    06-11-13 10:42 AM
    Thanks Stwutter for your reply. I tried that but no success.
    06-11-13 11:06 AM
    Have you tried setting your router to a different channel?
    06-11-13 11:08 AM
    Go buy a linksys e2700 router I had issues with my dlink router so after buying the e2700 np's now.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:17 AM
    Thank you for your replies.
    scrannel,
    I changed the channel on the wireless router. It helped but after a while the Z10 kind of drops the connection and I have to reconnect again.
    xamdam,
    My router is a linksys wrt 54g and works with everything in the office.
    06-11-13 11:29 AM
    Did you fiqure out what to do? My z10 is doing the same thing!

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 07:39 AM
    This has been an issue w/ my Z10 since day one and two O.S.'s. Three locations, three different (quality) routers, within 25' of the routers, all other devices work fine. The Z10 connects about 50% of the time. Otherwise, I need to go to settings, turn Wifi off and back on, it connects. Tried disabling iv6 and changing channels to no avail. The only answers I usually get are: "It's a router problem".
    It's NOT a router problem.
    Not much else I can contribute except I think this is a bigger problem then reported and I hope it is listed as an official "bug".
    06-23-13 08:46 AM
    Agree

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 08:49 AM
    This has been an issue w/ my Z10 since day one and two O.S.'s. Three locations, three different (quality) routers, within 25' of the routers, all other devices work fine. The Z10 connects about 50% of the time. Otherwise, I need to go to settings, turn Wifi off and back on, it connects. Tried disabling iv6 and changing channels to no avail. The only answers I usually get are: "It's a router problem".
    It's NOT a router problem.
    Not much else I can contribute except I think this is a bigger problem then reported and I hope it is listed as an official "bug".
    Not sure if it's a bug as we have 3 Z10s in the family. Wife, mother in-law and myself. Wife and I have no problem at home and when my mother in-law comes over...she has no problem either. We use NETGEAR WNDR4000 N750 WIRELESS DUAL BAND GIGABIT ROUTER (sorry just cut and pasted from their website that's why it all capitalized)

Mother in-law has an old school Netgear 54g only router and when we go over to her place...no issues as well.

A friend of mine had problems with her router (different brand) where she had intermittent loss of wifi signal/being dropped issues as well on not only on her older BlackBerry 7 device (she's on a Q10 now) but a co-worker's iPhone 4S as well.

Told her to go to the router's website and download the latest firmware. After doing that...no more dropping issues for both phones.

I always see if there's a firmware update on all my routers when I do the monthly maintenance /computer cleaning (temp files, registry etc... via CCleaner) Usually the latest firmware addresses these issues.

Also...if you are accessing a dual band router, make sure you have access to both 2.4 and 5.0 ghz bands. this way if either is dropped (interference, weak signals) then it will hop onto the other and vice versa.

Our router is in our living room and the master bedroom is directly above. In that part of the house it locks on to 5.0ghz then when I walk to the kitchen, back yard, basement...it seems to like 2.4ghz better.

2.4 is more resistant to interferences from microwave ovens, cordless phones etc...5.0 gives you the best throughput when non obstructed.

via CB10 (Z10 on Telusmobility)
    Last edited by qphone; 06-23-13 at 11:00 AM.
    06-23-13 09:39 AM
    After updating the OS, the problem stopped and the wifi connection seems to work fine now.
    The current OS is 10.0.9.422 on Z10.
    07-09-13 01:06 PM