Today I received an email that appeared fishy at first, but has actually panned out to be the real deal. The email was from [email protected], saying "You have received a gift of movies from BlackBerry! Valid at any Cineplex Theatre". Given that the email was from neither BlackBerry or Cineplex, I thought it was phishing of some sort, but it looks like Cineplex uses Buyatab to deal with their e-gift certificates. The link led to a Cineplex page with a $15 e-gift certificate and an accompanying note "Greeting Message from: BlackBerry! Thank you for being a loyal customer. Enjoy your next movie on us with this gift card!"

Has anyone else (in Canada) received this? Is it from participating in BlackBerry Beta? Either way, it sure is nice of them!
    06-10-13 09:19 PM
    How long have you been a loyal spouse of BlackBerry?! :P
    Today I received an email that appeared fishy at first, but has actually panned out to be the real deal. The email was from [email protected], saying "You have received a gift of movies from BlackBerry! Valid at any Cineplex Theatre". Given that the email was from neither BlackBerry or Cineplex, I thought it was phishing of some sort, but it looks like Cineplex uses Buyatab to deal with their e-gift certificates. The link led to a Cineplex page with a $15 e-gift certificate and an accompanying note "Greeting Message from: BlackBerry! Thank you for being a loyal customer. Enjoy your next movie on us with this gift card!"

Has anyone else (in Canada) received this? Is it from participating in BlackBerry Beta? Either way, it sure is nice of them!
    06-10-13 09:29 PM
    I got the same email and thought it was spam at first. I guess it might be legit though, pretty awesome!!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:15 PM
    Aww why didn't I get one? I have used bb for many years

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:25 PM
    That's really nice of them.

I was gonna say that us U.S. loyal customers should get something too, but that's way too much to ask for considering we're among the last to get anything BlackBerry-related.
    06-11-13 02:18 AM
    I received one yesterday, pretty sweet. I think it has to do with purchasing movie tickets via the cineplex app and being a loyal blackberry user.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:07 AM
    Yeah also was thinking it was a scam.. has anybody actually been able to redeem the ecard?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 06:07 PM

I was gonna say that us U.S. loyal customers should get something too, but that's way too much to ask for considering we're among the last to get anything BlackBerry-related.
    Why stop at the USA? All BlackBerry users should get some thing

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:12 PM
    Nice, I wish I'd get a nice BB freebie
    06-11-13 07:17 PM
    I was able to use it, so no scam.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 06:55 AM
    Ya, your service providers really suck don't they. Not that ours are great, but I can't believe how poorly you ate treated when waiting for new products , updates etc......

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    06-24-13 07:21 AM

Don't worry. If those tickets were from the company that makes the phones the following scenario would unfold:

1) They would promise tickets on a certain date and not deliver. There would be multiple delays.
    2) The tickets wouldn't end up not working and you would have to spend hours with Blackberry customer support, open a trouble ticket, and then after hours of work it would only be found to be a known issue with no known time for resolution.
    3) When you got the tickets, they finally work, you would get into the theatre only to find out it is to the wrong movie.

Thank God all of this would happen within the 14 day return period though, because you would return the tickets and go watch a movie through iTunes.

Hahahahaha!!
    Last edited by Caymancroc; 06-24-13 at 09:41 AM.
    kevinnugent and newcollector like this.
    06-24-13 07:26 AM
    F

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 12:37 AM
    yeah, we got a real "reward" today
    rickster21 and bekkay like this.
    06-28-13 09:19 AM
    yeah, we got a real "reward" today
    reward in the arse
    06-28-13 09:29 AM
    I get free random re-boots.
    06-28-13 12:29 PM
    BlackBerry and it's US carriers have no appreciation for "loyal customers". All they care about is cashing our checks. Today's announcement about no update for the Playbook and still silence from AT&T concerning the update for all others who did not get it (I was able to prior to the pulling) shows that they have no concern for their customers. Forget a free movie; just give us a work around for the playbook so that we can have the same apps on it and give the US customers a direct OTA without being held hostage to the carriers. The new BlackBerry is really the old RIM just hiding behind a halloween mask being worn by Heins.
    homer1475 likes this.
    06-28-13 01:19 PM
    It's spam ignore it!
    06-28-13 08:24 PM