Im Extremely upset that you do not have by far any decent apps that are free of charge.... also you barely have any usable apps except for the ones you have given that came with the device and facebok and twitter... everything else ive had to go through a long time consuming process to side load and pray that it worked. Please Step your game up soon or im going to have to leave because this is unaceptable to have a smart phone with bareley any decent usable apps...

sincerely

a very annoyed and pissed off customer.
    Xenrip, dbollman423 and Fnen90 like this.
    06-10-13 05:43 PM
    There are some great apps created by independent developers. What kind of apps are you looking for?

Can I pre pay for my cremation using Tapatalk
    06-10-13 05:51 PM
    weight watchers and other apps i sideloaded instagram and snapchat and kik... but like candy crush and apps that most teenagers and college kids use..
    06-10-13 06:04 PM
    weight watchers and other apps i sideloaded instagram and snapchat and kik... but like candy crush and apps that most teenagers and college kids use..
    Maybe this isn't the phone for you, kid. Wait a few years until you have a job, and maybe you'll be able to see that snapchat really ain't all that.

Posted via CB10
    brmiller1976 and Mr.mister like this.
    06-10-13 06:15 PM
    Maybe this isn't the phone for you, kid. Wait a few years until you have a job, and maybe you'll be able to see that snapchat really ain't all that.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a kid, can you point me to the useful business apps section on BlackBerry World? I can seem to find quicken, wells Fargo, chase, Barclay, or autodesk. I did buy Q pdf since it's files that fail with adobe.
    06-10-13 07:44 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm not a kid, can you point me to the useful business apps section on BlackBerry World? I can seem to find quicken, wells Fargo, chase, Barclay, or autodesk. I did buy Q pdf since it's files that fail with adobe.
    06-10-13 07:45 PM
    Well, if you EVEN BOTHERED TO LOOK, you would realize that you wasted $5 because the Adobe Reader that comes preinstalled does most of the things a college student needs. (A uni student myself).
    06-10-13 07:48 PM
    Oh good grief, not this bickering again...

1. The app gap is there. It exists. Don't deny it. Just because the apps work for you (and they work for me in actual fact, so this isn't a personal complaint of mine), doesn't meant they work for everyone. It's inevitable, just look at the numbers - 120,000 apps on BlackBerry World, 700,000 apps on Google Play and iOS App Store. Not to mention that a number of big names are missing - Instagram, Netflix, Spotify, etc.

2. However, BlackBerry has been doing very-nearly everything in their power to get these apps over. You really can't blame them for not making an effort. They've made simple-to-use SDK's, an Android Player to allow (some) apps to be ported right over from Android, gave out free devices to developers, and have been reaching out to major developers to assist them with bringing major apps to the platform. It is absolutely not in their hands at this point, it's just the developers' reluctance because of the very small userbase at the moment. As BlackBerry 10 gains more momentum, this will hopefully change, but right now a lot of developers are sitting it out until they see more people, and hence potential customers, adopt the platform.

So, can we please not argue about this for the numpteenth time? If the apps are that big a deal for you, then the sad reality is that BlackBerry 10 probably isn't the platform for you at the moment. Hopefully that will change one day.
    06-10-13 07:51 PM
    Well, if you EVEN BOTHERED TO LOOK, you would realize that you wasted $5 because the Adobe Reader that comes preinstalled does most of the things a college student needs. (A uni student myself).
    The pre installed reader fails to open some pdf files. It's a known issue, I can send you a copy of my incident report with BlackBerry level 3 support if you would like.
    06-10-13 07:51 PM
    i think you should have researched and checked via a friends bb10 or the internet whether or not your apps were on bb10 before buying it...would have saved you money and headaches
    06-10-13 09:29 PM
    The pre installed reader fails to open some pdf files. It's a known issue, I can send you a copy of my incident report with BlackBerry level 3 support if you would like.
    Those must be amazing PDFs you've got there... I've NEVER had a problem opening PDFs.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    06-10-13 09:30 PM
    Those must be amazing PDFs you've got there... I've NEVER had a problem opening PDFs.
    Considering BlackBerry could duplicate the issue, I'd say they weren't too amazing. One of them was a 7mb scanned lease document. I can forward it to you to try for yourself of you'd like. Or you could just search the topic in the Z forums
    06-10-13 09:41 PM
    Considering BlackBerry could duplicate the issue, I'd say they weren't too amazing. One of them was a 7mb scanned lease document. I can forward it to you to try for yourself of you'd like. Or you could just search the topic in the Z forums
    Point taken, but have you been having the same issue with files that were scanned with other scanners?
    06-10-13 09:50 PM
    Point taken, but have you been having the same issue with files that were scanned with other scanners?
    I didn't scan that document or any of the other files I had issues with. My Z and my pb's couldn't open them, my 9850 could with no apps installed. Files opened just fine on my laptop and net book too.

Point is, they were random generic flavored pdf files that my old bb was able to open just fine. I'm fine with doing the leaks/betas but I'm not going to ask clients what brand scanner they use to troubleshoot it. I bought a $4.99 app to solve it, and as I said in my original post it is the most useful business app I've found in BlackBerry World so far. It's an android port like the pb version, I'd much prefer a native app.
    06-10-13 10:11 PM
    Because developers are not going to waste time creating there apps on BB, IMHO BB is done! I absolutely love there hardware, but with a huge deficit of popular apps in the US, BB will be a thing of the past soon, we will see them in museums and tell our kids "back when....."
    06-10-13 10:13 PM
    Im Extremely upset that you do not have by far any decent apps that are free of charge.... also you barely have any usable apps except for the ones you have given that came with the device and facebok and twitter... everything else ive had to go through a long time consuming process to side load and pray that it worked. Please Step your game up soon or im going to have to leave because this is unaceptable to have a smart phone with bareley any decent usable apps...

sincerely

What's unacceptable is your spelling, grammar and punctuation. This must be a joke right?
    06-10-13 10:19 PM
    What's unacceptable is your spelling, grammar and punctuation. This must be a joke right?
    Okya three Mr I kjow wverything aboutt engrish gammer and spelling.

Can we find a better excuse for BlackBerry?
    h20work likes this.
    06-10-13 10:26 PM
    Quicken? A useful business app?

BWA haha haha! Thanks for the laugh.

I suppose there's a piggy bank app too.

BWA hahaha!

Autodesk? If you are a serious engineer, you're not wasting time with it on your phone.

As for the banks, they'll get on board soon enough. I can wait.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:46 PM
    Okya three Mr I kjow wverything aboutt engrish gammer and spelling.

Can we find a better excuse for BlackBerry?
    Must we?

Posted via CB10 on my B@d@ss Z10
    06-10-13 10:55 PM
    Quicken? A useful business app?

BWA haha haha! Thanks for the laugh.

I suppose there's a piggy bank app too.

BWA hahaha!

Autodesk? If you are a serious engineer, you're not wasting time with it on your phone.

As for the banks, they'll get on board soon enough. I can wait.

Posted via CB10
    Quickbooks. Browser isn't supported either.

Obviously you fly a desk, otherwise you would understand why some of us like being able to view files remotely.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    06-10-13 11:02 PM
    I am a business major and use my Z10 for everything from notes, to Remember, to calendar, to docs to go, to the moon to get things done. There's a lot of great apps and have noticed many more everyday. I actually just downloaded SoundHound the other day on my 10.0 OS so yes, big name apps are coming and quickly.
    Philip Sgambati likes this.
    06-10-13 11:40 PM

seriously you're going do get on me cause of my grammer? unneeded my friend..... unneeded...
    06-13-13 07:04 PM
    seriously you're going do get on me cause of my grammer? unneeded my friend..... unneeded...
    It is easier to pick on spelling than admit your post may be correct and apps are missing or insufficient. It is misdirection.
    EsJayDee and mikeo007 like this.
    06-13-13 07:40 PM
    If the selection of novelty apps is your principal criterion for a smartphone, you bought the wrong phone. Period.

If it is one consideration among several, and you're messaging/communication/productivity oriented, BB 10 should be in your consideration set.
    06-13-13 08:56 PM

sincerely

Apps are written by software companies, not Blackberry. And do you want everything for free? I am extremely pissed off that the education system is failing as people cannot spell.
    06-13-13 09:01 PM
46 12