i'm looking at Waze vs Blackberry Maps

Others?

Your country?

Mine is Canada

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:50 AM
    Never tried Waze...but what I can say is that BlackBerry maps is awesome for navigation. I worked temporarily for a catering company and delivering to 15-30 addresses daily was no problem for BB Maps especially with its clear turn by turn directions along with the bright clear 3D maps.

GVA (Greater Vancouver Area) was a breeze. If you plan to use navigation extensively...I suggest that you bring an OEM BlackBerry car charger. Navigation eats through the battery very quickly.

Before this...I extensively used the Garmin app which I bought for my Torch 9800 which I eventually transferred onto the Bold 9900. So worrying at first what would be an alternative to Garmin for BlackBerry was quickly answered on the Z10.

Best of all with regards to BB Maps...it's free and it's a native BB10 app!

via CB10 (Z10 on Telusmobility)
    Last edited by qphone; 06-10-13 at 11:09 AM.
    geogejost likes this.
    06-10-13 10:57 AM
    I use Waze everyday .. And as a contractor on numerous jobs daily it gets a lot of use. I find its been 100% and by far the best maps Ive ever used. Including my Chevy Navigation on my escalade and tom tom and garmin nuvi

Sign up to waze, the thing is pretty awsome and has alot of users updating it on the fly

P.S - Toronto
    geogejost likes this.
    06-10-13 11:58 AM
    I use Waze everyday .. And as a contractor on numerous jobs daily it gets a lot of use. I find its been 100% and by far the best maps Ive ever used. Including my Chevy Navigation on my escalade and tom tom and garmin nuvi

Sign up to waze, the thing is pretty awsome and has alot of users updating it on the fly

P.S - Toronto
    when i tried it, it didnt appear to talk.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:44 AM
    Waze is pretty good it's a port though so missing many of the cool features but it works I use it as well I have contacted Waze to see if they have plans on a native application..and they are not

Posted via CB10

Well really only one that I know of the gestures to report traffic info make it had even dangerous to report problems on the fly
    BlackberryPig likes this.
    06-11-13 09:54 AM
    Waze for sure, i use it all the time. Blackberry maps doesnt work in the dominican republic

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:00 AM
    Blackberry Maps for me. Use is almost daily.....
    06-11-13 10:02 AM
    BB Maps are good, I think. The downside for me is the lack of points of interest. Give it a post/zip code, and it's great, but if you're looking for a business, shop, restaurant etc., I find it very hit & miss. I love it visually, and the voice directions are some of the clearest I've heard on a mobile SatNav.

I also use Wisepilot (which you have to pay for after a free-trial). This has all the POI's you could want - the down side? It doesn't announce the next road name - just 'turn right', for example. Can be a problem if you're in the middle of rush-hour in central London...

I tried Waze. Like many others, it kept failing on me (as did Mireo). But plenty of people seem to get on fine with them.
    06-11-13 10:16 AM
    I use BlackBerry Maps daily, and keep OsmAnd installed as a backup for offline navigation.

Maps doesn't seem to be as traffic-aware as BlackBerry Traffic used to be - I'm hoping that with more users and, therefore, more data, this will improve.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-11-13 10:20 AM
    Actually find BlackBerry maps very good and getting g better the more I use it. Poi would be nice but lack there of hasn't killed me yet?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 10:47 AM
    when i tried it, it didnt appear to talk. Posted via CB10
    Interesting... mine talks. Its a problem with Z10, turns the volume down whenever you go into an app or something. Haven't figured out the details of the volume problem but I'm always always turning the volume up

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 11:37 AM