Hey there,
    I'm french so sorry for my bad english,

I could trade my iPhone 5 for a BlackBerry Q10 but i wanna know how side loaded app run on the Q10

They run smoothly ? They fit the screen ?
    Wich thing work and wich not ?

Thanks !
    06-10-13 10:13 AM
    My experience with sideloaded apps is very bad. Google maps and yahoo weather for example do work but they run pretty crappy performance wise. If you come from an iphone 5 and have been using those apps you will not enjoy the sideloadong experience at all. Some work better than others but it will never feel good.

Sent from my Q10
    06-10-13 10:19 AM
    I only use Chase, for the check deposit. Some sideload apps use a lot of battery, some don't. Overall performance is more than good.
    06-10-13 10:19 AM
    It really depends which apps you use. A lot work quite well. I use Flipboard, BBC Sport, BBC News, CNN, The Verge and a few others on the Q10 and they work fine. They fit the screen although obviously the small screen somewhat hampers the experience. Instagram works too. Don't expect the same type of smooth performance you get on your iPhone, but if you really want a qwerty device like I do, they are more than useable!

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:34 AM
    Thanks guys !!!

I'm not using powerful apps or game but want to use apps i use in good condition like Feedly TuneIn(etc.)

WIll the 10.2 update will add something ? i heard they'll add HW acceleration for android, what that mean ? every app will run smoothly ?
    06-10-13 11:39 AM