This is odd.
    I was on vacation for two weeks, away from my computer. I noticed that remote file access had stopped working. I got back yesterday and opened Link, which had signed out of my BB ID, so I tried to sign in again. It failed, giving me the message "Cannot connect to BlackBerry ID. Check your Internet connection and try again." There's nothing wrong with my Internet connection.

I checked Firewall settings, rebooted PC, and even tried turning the Firewall off. These didn't fix the problem. I tried uninstalling Link and installing the slightly newer version that had come out, and that didn't work either. Sync, backup, and restore all work fine; I just can't sign into BB ID, so remote file access doesn't work.

For what it's worth, I can sign into BB ID in Link on my work computer (although remote file access has never worked on that machine, but never mind), and in BB World, so it's not a problem with my BB ID account.
    06-10-13 08:31 AM
    Any possibility your home PC/Mac has a password saving app or feature that automatically enters a pasword? (wondering if incorrect) Also is how many workstations and devices are you signed into BB_ID with ?
    06-10-13 09:18 AM
    No, I don't have an automatic password app, and in any case my BB ID password hasn't changed.

As for devices, I have 2 PCs with Link, a Z10, and a PB.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:03 AM
    This is happening to me, I've done everything you have tried too. I have Internet on this pc, and all firewalls have been disabled to attempt to force it... no such luck.

Running the latest release of link on Windows 7.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 12:32 PM
    I've run out of ideas, which wasn't hard, since I didn't have many to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 07:41 PM
    Same issue happening for me on Mac 10.6.3. Very frustrating.
    06-11-13 09:02 PM
    I just had to roll back to an older version and it works.

When I clicked "retry" to connect to the Internet on the non working version, it wasn't doing anything.

O well.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 09:13 PM
    Do you know where I can get an older version of Link?

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 11:38 AM
    Do you know where I can get an older version of Link?

Posted via CB10

Here you are:

BlackBerry Link v1.1.0.32 (MAC OS) / BlackBerry Link / Desktop Manager / Downloads - Antihackerlink Repo
    tpmbb10 likes this.
    06-12-13 11:50 AM
    Thanks kindly, I will try this out tonight.
    06-13-13 10:00 AM
    Try resetting your Internet Explorer policies and settings. That's what fixed things for me

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:10 AM
    Try what i did at the end of the thread here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8508248

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    06-13-13 10:14 AM
    Try to reset your BlackBerry ID through the blackberry website. Then use that password to log back in.

I had the same issue on my XP pro machine. As soon as I changed the password. All worked.

Just make sure your blackberry protect is working when you change the password

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    06-13-13 10:37 AM
    Try what i did at the end of the thread here

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=8508248
    Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work, but I appreciate the effort.
    06-13-13 11:14 AM
    Try to reset your BlackBerry ID through the blackberry website. Then use that password to log back in.

I had the same issue on my XP pro machine. As soon as I changed the password. All worked.

Just make sure your blackberry protect is working when you change the password
    Thanks for that suggestion too. It unfortunately didn't solve the problem.
    06-13-13 11:20 AM
    I use "CCleaner" on my home computer. Free download from Piriform. Have been using it for 8 years. Cleans caches, histories and second button down on left side of the program window is Registry fix. XP, Vista, Windows 7 all work better after running this program. Google it. Install it. Run "Cleaner" and "Registry" buttons. You won't be disappointed. Ran it when I had trouble signing in to my BlackBerry ID account. Makes a big difference in your overall computer experience. Thank me later. Run it once a week.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 05:07 AM
    I use "CCleaner" on my home computer. Free download from Piriform. Have been using it for 8 years. Cleans caches, histories and second button down on left side of the program window is Registry fix. XP, Vista, Windows 7 all work better after running this program. Google it. Install it. Run "Cleaner" and "Registry" buttons. You won't be disappointed. Ran it when I had trouble signing in to my BlackBerry ID account. Makes a big difference in your overall computer experience. Thank me later. Run it once a week.

Posted via CB10
    I agree that CCleaner is a great utility, and I've been using it for years. It's not, however, the solution to the problem of signing into BB ID in Link.
    06-14-13 06:57 AM
    I am having this same problem. When I try to sign in through link, it causes Link to freeze. Has anybody found a working solution?

Posted via CB10
    07-09-13 10:45 AM
    Since there is no answer to this problem yet, I am bumping up the thread.

I too am having this problem om my Mac 10.9.4 and BB Link 1.2.1

It is impossible to sign in to BB ID. The signin in window is stuck on window 2/2. it is impossible to ga back to window 1/2 to change the password (as suggested as a possible solution, it apparently doesn't work. Thanks for the effort though).

It just says "Cannot connect to BlackBerry ID. Check your Internet connection and try again" Tried everything suggested, nothing works.

Any ohter ideas?
    09-16-14 07:01 AM
    Since there is no answer to this problem yet, I am bumping up the thread.

I too am having this problem om my Mac 10.9.4 and BB Link 1.2.1

It is impossible to sign in to BB ID. The signin in window is stuck on window 2/2. it is impossible to ga back to window 1/2 to change the password (as suggested as a possible solution, it apparently doesn't work. Thanks for the effort though).

It just says "Cannot connect to BlackBerry ID. Check your Internet connection and try again" Tried everything suggested, nothing works.

Any ohter ideas?
    The only other suggestion I've received (in a different thread) is to re-install Windows. I'm just not willing to do that on the speculation that it might work. Even BlackBerry tech support didn't suggest that. I don't know if it would be as much of a headache on your Mac OS but I imagine it would be.
    09-16-14 07:40 AM
    The only other suggestion I've received (in a different thread) is to re-install Windows. I'm just not willing to do that on the speculation that it might work. Even BlackBerry tech support didn't suggest that. I don't know if it would be as much of a headache on your Mac OS but I imagine it would be.
    Same here. There has to be a different option than reinstalling your whole OS just becasue you can't login to BB ID.
    09-16-14 08:08 AM