This has been a serious problem in the last few days. I have all the battery saving settings set. This is ridiculous. Its been in my pocket the whole time. Any suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Serious battery issues.-img_00000305.png

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:51 AM
    What apps are open, and what side loaded apps do you have?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 07:54 AM
    No side loaded and no open apps

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    What OS and what model Z10?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:14 AM
    Do you have the collect diagnostic setting on? Perhaps it is sending a lot of data?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:19 AM
    looks like it's struggling to find a signal.
    06-10-13 08:24 AM
    What email accounts do you have added? Any ActiveSync accounts? I had a major battery issue previously when I had an Exchange 2003 ActiveSync account added. Removed that and battery life was great.
    06-10-13 08:24 AM
    What email accounts do you have added? Any ActiveSync accounts? I had a major battery issue previously when I had an Exchange 2003 ActiveSync account added. Removed that and battery life was great.

How do you know if you have ActiveSync email or not? I have 2 Gmail accounts. Anything to look for in the settings?
    06-10-13 10:45 AM
    Reboot device then open battery guru as it is not correct until a reboot device is done.

I noticed this a full 100% battery guru showed I only had 8 hrs left on battery but after a device reboot it showed 19 hrs

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:14 AM
    I have made changes to my Permissions on the downloaded apps- took off the internet and BBM for most of them, and now I notice that the battery life is fantastic. 20+ hours with medium to heavy use. Can anyone else give this a try and see if its just my imagination or if this really does affect battery?
    06-10-13 01:15 PM
    This has been a serious problem in the last few days. I have all the battery saving settings set. This is ridiculous. Its been in my pocket the whole time. Any suggestions, or help would be greatly appreciated.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000305.png 
Views:	950 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	170332

Posted via CB10
    Do what I did, I got 2 batteries from day 1 and I have myZ10. 24/7 without any issues.
    The end of story.

Go Sens Go!!!!!!
    Lkerr44 likes this.
    06-10-13 01:22 PM
    Some apps can run in the background, including some Android apps.

What you're seeing is quite abnormal if you had the screen off for any of that period.

You should experiment with turning off the radios (wifi and/or cellular, or both) and see if that changes anything. Try to narrow down the cause by making controlled changes, then waiting for 10-15 minutes with the device idle, then wake it up and check the Battery Guru graph to see what the last bit of activity looked like.

A normally functioning device should show power closer to zero (black line near middle) *much* of the time when it's in standby. The main reason it would not is if there is significant network activity of some kind, though there can be other reasons too.
    06-12-13 11:42 AM
    If by any chance you've installed the eBay app from BlackBerry App World, then that is the culprit. Log out and delete it.

Posted with my amazing Z10
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-12-13 11:48 AM
    I just had this problem. Honestly I think it's an OS bug. What happened to me is that I had a Z10 that was working perfectly fine except for random reboots. I decided to reload the OS and restore my backup in hopes that it would be solved, but I knew it was a long shot. Did it anyway, and I still get reboots.

Anyway, I backed up my Z10 fully except for settings. Formatted sd card and reloaded OS. Afterward I restored my backup file and it was just in time that I had to go out that night with friends. Low and behold, I was getting this same drainage on my Z10 the whole night according to BG. I had to shut off my Z10 with 10% left in case I needed it for emergency. Really wanted to take pics with my phone that night but whatever. I put this issue on hold and got drunk.

Get home and plug it into the charger and the next day I would do some diagnostics. Basically, I found no problem. I had a perfectly working Z10 beforehand and restored a back up from the same Z10. No open apps, did several restarts, to no avail. I had send diagnostics turned off, had same settings as before. Even on airplane mode the drain was there. It just wouldn't go away. Turned off gestures on lock screen, no difference. The phone would just drain battery for no particular reason.

So, I was lazy and just said screw it, I want a phone that works and I'm not spending time on this sh*t. I don't buy phones today to do diagnostics. That was what bbos was for lol. I reformatted the sd again, removed it, performed a wipe of my phone in the settings, and then reloaded the OS again. No restore, just fresh OS reload. Installed all apps manually, all settings taken care if one by one, and I synced media with link. Issue is resolved, but I did lose some notes in remember. Made me realize how useful BlackBerry Protect was on bbos and can't wait till they have a cloud based backup for BlackBerry 10 as well. Lesson: sync everything ti the cloud. That means notes are created on ever note or as tasks via EAS (outlook for me). And anything else cloud based, take advantage. My PIM is entirely cloud based so no worries there.

What caused this issue? It's beyond me. It definitely seems like a software bug though. It is very weird if the issue comes out of the blue on a working Z10 just like that. For me it came after a reload and a restore but if you didn't do any of that and the problem just came willy nilly, that's weird and annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:08 PM
    I don't think anyone is completely immune as there are multiple possible sources. It happened to me this morning too, although I didn't realize it at the time.

I had just run Twitter for the first time since the update (yesterday?) and it froze and crashed the app. (This happened to some others too, so it's not unique to me.)

A few hours later after it was working again, I decided to restart to make sure any side effects were cleared away. On rebooting I noticed it had been sucking power like mad in standby before I shut down. The start time of the period of high power exactly matches when the Twitter app had crashed. (Around 11:20)

Serious battery issues.-img_00001531_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 01:20 PM
    I had the problem on the same. 273 os. I didn't originally have the problem and then I did. My conclusion is that it is a bug that arises sometimes when installing a new OS for some reason, or updating the OS. Maybe has to do with a corrupt file or something. Reloading the OS solved the problem for me (I know, it's not ideal, and it sucks). This is what happened to me, taken from another thread:

I just had this problem. Honestly I think it's an OS bug. What happened to me is that I had a Z10 that was working perfectly fine except for random reboots. I decided to reload the OS and restore my backup in hopes that it would be solved, but I knew it was a long shot. Did it anyway, and I still get reboots.

Anyway, I backed up my Z10 fully except for settings. Formatted sd card and reloaded OS. Afterward I restored my backup file and it was just in time that I had to go out that night with friends. Low and behold, I was getting this same drainage on my Z10 the whole night according to BG. I had to shut off my Z10 with 10% left in case I needed it for emergency. Really wanted to take pics with my phone that night but whatever. I put this issue on hold and got drunk.

Get home and plug it into the charger and the next day I would do some diagnostics. Basically, I found no problem. I had a perfectly working Z10 beforehand and restored a back up from the same Z10. No open apps, did several restarts, to no avail. I had send diagnostics turned off, had same settings as before. Even on airplane mode the drain was there. It just wouldn't go away. Turned off gestures on lock screen, no difference. The phone would just drain battery for no particular reason.

So, I was lazy and just said screw it, I want a phone that works and I'm not spending time on this sh*t. I don't buy phones today to do diagnostics. That was what bbos was for lol. I reformatted the sd again, removed it, performed a wipe of my phone in the settings, and then reloaded the OS again. No restore, just fresh OS reload. Installed all apps manually, all settings taken care if one by one, and I synced media with link. Issue is resolved, but I did lose some notes in remember. Made me realize how useful BlackBerry Protect was on bbos and can't wait till they have a cloud based backup for BlackBerry 10 as well. Lesson: sync everything ti the cloud. That means notes are created on ever note or as tasks via EAS (outlook for me). And anything else cloud based, take advantage. My PIM is entirely cloud based so no worries there.

What caused this issue? It's beyond me. It definitely seems like a software bug though. It is very weird if the issue comes out of the blue on a working Z10 just like that. For me it came after a reload and a restore but if you didn't do any of that and the problem just came willy nilly, that's weird and annoying.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-15-13 12:37 AM
    Do you have Box installed and set up? I have not had any battery issues since I bought the z10 until last night. All I did was join the Box app to my Box account. A few hours later, I discovered I now have battery issues. I'm shocked how quickly it is going down now. It's a great app, but not great enough to continue with this battery drain. I'm going to give it a few more days before I log out of the app and uninstall it. Anyone else have battery drain with Box not setup or installed?

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 07:53 AM
    Box and Dropbox are data and battery killers as well. I log out of those apps completely when I'm not using them.

I went into permissions as well and turned off location services BBM and everything else for things like Facebook and Twitter other than sharing so I can post pics.

For things like Twitter and Facebook I turned off "Find Friends "for each because these programs are looking through your contacts to see if there are any matches.

I did these and the other standard tips in the dozens of battery threads and I've got improved battery life.

I used to get 4-6 hrs but now it's close to 8-10 at times which works well for me. I want to make sure it gets me through the day and at home battery switch for night time.

People's expectations of battery life need to be grounded. If you constantly have the Z10 in your hand and youre surfing and youre checking email and youre texting and you're making calls and you're on CB app (if you're not why not? ) the battery WILL go down pretty fast. I've had mine go in 4-5 hrs but that was constant use.

For newer users they have to remember that the BB10 system is learning them as you go. How you type, what you type, where you hit the B key...its constantly learning YOU. So in that case the OS might be working a bit more than usual. Its figuring YOU out to give YOU the best OS experience.

So many others have said it that you need to work with the Z10 for a couple of weeks and I'm sure it's true for the Q10. BlackBerry didnt just toss out another OS with this phone. Its learning you so it can become better for you and not just an object you put in your hands to ask stupid jokes to Siri (which is all I've ever seen anyone do with that phone)

Turn on the things you need, turn off the things you don't need. Have a bit of patience as BB10 learns you and you learn it and I'm positive that you'll have an amazing experience with it and battery live will then meet your expectations. But those expectation have to be realistic.

Posted via CB10 on my Z10!
    06-17-13 08:14 AM
    Anyone else have battery drain with Box not setup or installed?
    Lots of people have high drain without Box connected, but that's no reason to think that Box isn't the culprit in your case, and some others.

There are many different reasons for battery drain like that -- probably at least ten major ones, and counting.
    06-17-13 08:15 AM