BlackBerry data is based on Canadian soil right? The US government won't be able to access it I am assuming? I know this basically proves pointless with email companies like Gmail being based in the USA. Is BBM the only hope for complete privacy even after is gets cross platformed to other devices besides BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10 (BB Z10 : BLK : OS 10.0)
    06-10-13 02:16 AM
    Really, every big company is harvesting information, that's where they can make the money, it's up to you what you let out on the internet.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:30 AM
    Click the link, read and weep,

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ced-By-Verizon

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 02:33 AM
    BlackBerry data is based on Canadian soil right? The US government won't be able to access it I am assuming? I know this basically proves pointless with email companies like Gmail being based in the USA. Is BBM the only hope for complete privacy even after is gets cross platformed to other devices besides BlackBerry?

Don't mean to sound like a d*ck, but don't be so naive. Sorry to rain on your party:

Research In Motion under pressure to give access to BlackBerry user data - Reporters Without Borders

RIM Meets Indian Gov't in the Middle on User Surveillance | Privacy | TechNewsWorld

The US government has tentacles that stretch all the way to places where you wouldn't expect--Canada and US are in the bed more closely and politically than anyone would care to know.

Has BlackBerry caved in? You bet.
    06-10-13 04:43 AM
    Don't mean to sound like a d*ck, but don't be so naive. Sorry to rain on your party:

Research In Motion under pressure to give access to BlackBerry user data - Reporters Without Borders

RIM Meets Indian Gov't in the Middle on User Surveillance | Privacy | TechNewsWorld

The US government has tentacles that stretch all the way to places where you wouldn't expect--Canada and US are in the bed more closely and politically than anyone would care to know.

Has BlackBerry caved in? You bet.
    Damn. The world is messed up.

06-10-13 05:54 AM
    Damn. The world is messed up.

If you're a US citizen with a vote the answer looks back at you from the mirror every morning.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 05:57 AM
    Several weeks I spoke to the guy responsible for government sales - was a talk given by secusmart together with blackberry
    and he said they never gave access to those countries but if you are really interested in full protection go for the secusmart solution.

the biggest problem is that the mobile networks are using a security concept from the beginnings of mobile (1980) and hackers improved over the time. The technology stayed the same.

Imagine a tank from the 80's and modern anti tank missile . . . than you know how easy it is to get access to your phone data. . .
    06-10-13 06:46 AM
    If you're a US citizen with a vote the answer looks back at you from the mirror every morning.

Posted via CB10
    I am not a US citizen. I was born and raised in Nigeria and only came to the US to pursue my education. Thankfully I should be reallocating to Europe or South Africa for job prospects pretty soon if my schedule falls into place.

This couldn't have come at a better time with the current ****-storm concerning the NSA's bs.

cocobrow likes this.
    06-10-13 07:11 AM
    Several weeks I spoke to the guy responsible for government sales - was a talk given by secusmart together with blackberry
    and he said they never gave access to those countries but if you are really interested in full protection go for the secusmart solution.

the biggest problem is that the mobile networks are using a security concept from the beginnings of mobile (1980) and hackers improved over the time. The technology stayed the same.

Imagine a tank from the 80's and modern anti tank missile . . . than you know how easy it is to get access to your phone data. . .
    Yea I already have a few counter measures in place already but it's not like it matters in the long run since if I've supposedly done anything illegal should be on record to begin with lol.

It's a good time to be paranoid if you live in the USA at this point in time.

LudwigvonKast likes this.
    06-10-13 07:14 AM
    Yet more and more everyone is being told everything is perfectly safe "in the cloud." On a server we don't even know where.

Posted via CB10
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    06-10-13 09:13 AM
    Yeah,well we are both clueless. With the advent of Z10 and Q10, my clueless broad impression is that RIM is watering down security. For example, it is trying to push BBM for the masses. The Press always jumps all over RIM for the slightest hiccup in its servers. Meanwhile, 99 percent of cell phones users don't have the slightest idea of what security or servers or downtime means.
    Doc Neutron
    06-10-13 10:02 AM
    With harper at the helm nothing of ours including data is safe. He would hand America his first born without hesitation.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:22 AM
    BBM is traceable the US government did a drug bust in may tracking BBM messages to two guys all the way into mexico.

No data is private anymore no matter what country your from.

Read my thread all about it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:26 AM
    Even if this were true, your data is no safer in Canada lol. - Data-collection program got green light from MacKay in 2011 - The Globe and Mail
    Just Me likes this.
    06-10-13 10:28 AM
    Verizon forced to turn over records, for all American Customers Phone Calls

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=815156

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:28 AM
    Is there a thread on the Sec u smart product? Where can we purchase? Thx
    06-10-13 10:29 AM
    Only way to be private is to never own anything traceable or send anything that's traceable.

I knew 10 years ago this was going to occur and sooner or later we all will be forced to carry a gps device or chip on our person at all times and of caught without it you will be subjected to a prison term no less then 30 day for first offence, 90 days for second and 1 year or more for third or more offences.

We will be treated like lab rats and followed everywhere we go and what we do.

Posted via CB10
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    06-10-13 10:32 AM

Posted via CB10
    For real, I vote, that's my right, but I never saw this on one of the ballards. so where do you get your info from. or is this another hate american quotes.
    06-10-13 10:45 AM
    BBM is traceable the US government did a drug bust in may tracking BBM messages to two guys all the way into mexico.

No data is private anymore no matter what country your from.

Read my thread all about it.

Posted via CB10
    Bbm has never been secure. Or even a normal blackberry. Only private server pgp equipped ones are "safe"

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:48 AM
    Bbm has never been secure. Or even a normal blackberry. Only private server pgp equipped ones are "safe"

Posted via CB10
    With a warrant, no problem.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:51 AM

Not sure what you can do when the American government no longer respects the principles your country was founded on.

That scandal saddened me greatly.

Its one thing to exercise due deligence against terrorism
    and and another to overreact in a 1984 big brotger watching you without a warrant kind of way.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:57 AM
    With a warrant, no problem.

Posted via CB10
    Explain how a warrant will get into your messages with pgp. There has never ever been a case where the encryption has been cracked in any legal case. Prove otherwise. I'd like to see it

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:03 AM

Don't be... the Canadian government and all common wealth countries share information with NSA and other agencies. BlackBerry isn't immune.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-10-13 11:06 AM
    But since the US is a republic and not a democracy, there are few places an educated vote will make a difference.

Here's an idea. Don't use open communication channels for sensitive communication. Also warrantless wiretapping is a thing.
    toobs623 likes this.
    06-10-13 11:18 AM
    But since the US is a republic and not a democracy, there are few places an educated vote will make a difference.

Here's an idea. Don't use open communication channels for sensitive communication. Also warrantless wiretapping is a thing.
    The Republic of United States Of America is no different then the Republic Of China.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 11:26 AM
75 123