I think BlackBerry really screwed up on this one! We went into a T-Mobile store this weekend to check out the Q10.

1. I compared the screen brightness with my 9900. It's terrible, even with the Q turned up to 100%. My 9900 is at 80% and much brighter and whiter. I have 57 year old eyes and need to see the screen!

2. Having no back button to quickly move between apps with "alt, back button" is not efficient. I was trying to jump back and forth from setting options to the home screen in trying to figure out some basics. I do this numerous times with a huge percentage of my emails. I might need something stored in a document to copy and paste into an email. Or I just might need to refer to something. Without this method I can't do anything very fast. I need to be fast at this and without it, I'd be wasting time.

3. No trackpad. I'm sorry, but I do a lot of editing, copying and pasting in most emails I write! There is no way you are going to be efficient doing this without a trackpad. I repeat, No Way! I also find its easier scrolling around a screen or between text since its in such close proximity to the keyboard. Why take one hand off the normal hold to use my index finger to move around the screen!? Inefficiency at its best!

4. In going back and forth to the Q10 home screen, I noticed the teeny font below the icons! I don't want to put glasses on or strain my eyes just to see them! I would prefer no words than this tiny font. Or like the Bold, the words pop up on a top bar in a readable size when you scroll over an icon. At least I can see those without wearing glasses. I tried increasing the system font size to see if they would change. Nope. Makes sense though, due to space but really, they are too small!

5. I wanted to see if the Dark Theme was just a default and you could change it. No you can't. I absolutely hate the dark theme. I know its not on all screens of the phone but I refuse to buy one with this as an only option. I know its better for the screen being Amoled. I tried opening a message and got the black background. Just plain terrible. Again, with old eyes, I can't see/focus with white text on black. I refuse to look at websites with black backgrounds. My eyes just go crazy trying to focus.

We walked out after a short look at the phone. I'm so disappointed but then I knew most of these things already after reading so many posts on Crackberry. I wanted to see for myself since its always nice to get a new phone and keep up with the latest OS. I'll be keeping my Bold 9900 for a lot longer than I expected. Maybe the next KB phone will improve. Not holding my breath.
    06-09-13 10:55 AM
    You feel better knowing most don't really care?

Posted from my Z10 via C10
    reneSc, Weeber, Camelhmpz and 48 others like this.
    06-09-13 10:58 AM
    GG to you =/
    06-09-13 11:00 AM
    Alright then. Noted

Posted via CB10
    srfinva likes this.
    06-09-13 11:03 AM
    Take it easy guys. He has his preferences so whether you agree or not (and I don't), he is still entitled to his opinion. No need for name calling.
    06-09-13 11:05 AM
    Just curious, but how long did you look at the phone for?
    06-09-13 11:09 AM
    I think BlackBerry really screwed up on this one! We went into a T-Mobile store this weekend to check out the Q10.

1. I compared the screen brightness with my 9900. It's terrible, even with the Q turned up to 100%. My 9900 is at 80% and much brighter and whiter. I have 57 year old eyes and need to see the screen!

2. Having no back button to quickly move between apps with "alt, back button" is not efficient. I was trying to jump back and forth from setting options to the home screen in trying to figure out some basics. I do this numerous times with a huge percentage of my emails. I might need something stored in a document to copy and paste into an email. Or I just might need to refer to something. Without this method I can't do anything very fast. I need to be fast at this and without it, I'd be wasting time.

3. No trackpad. I'm sorry, but I do a lot of editing, copying and pasting in most emails I write! There is no way you are going to be efficient doing this without a trackpad. I repeat, No Way! I also find its easier scrolling around a screen or between text since its in such close proximity to the keyboard. Why take one hand off the normal hold to use my index finger to move around the screen!? Inefficiency at its best!

4. In going back and forth to the Q10 home screen, I noticed the teeny font below the icons! I don't want to put glasses on or strain my eyes just to see them! I would prefer no words than this tiny font. Or like the Bold, the words pop up on a top bar in a readable size when you scroll over an icon. At least I can see those without wearing glasses. I tried increasing the system font size to see if they would change. Nope. Makes sense though, due to space but really, they are too small!

5. I wanted to see if the Dark Theme was just a default and you could change it. No you can't. I absolutely hate the dark theme. I know its not on all screens of the phone but I refuse to buy one with this as an only option. I know its better for the screen being Amoled. I tried opening a message and got the black background. Just plain terrible. Again, with old eyes, I can't see/focus with white text on black. I refuse to look at websites with black backgrounds. My eyes just go crazy trying to focus.

We walked out after a short look at the phone. I'm so disappointed but then I knew most of these things already after reading so many posts on Crackberry. I wanted to see for myself since its always nice to get a new phone and keep up with the latest OS. I'll be keeping my Bold 9900 for a lot longer than I expected. Maybe the next KB phone will improve. Not holding my breath.
    I am with you on this 100%

In addition to this, no call button or end call button is horrible, no speed dials is a killer, no ability to delete the email on the handheld or the server, you only have the option to delete it from both as it syncs everything which might be bad for some people like me because there are some emails I want to keep on my PC but I know 100% I won't be opening them on my BB

The Q10 for me although has a lovely camera which is the only thing I like about it, is a huge fail, so that's why I went ahead and bought myseld a brand new 9900 after having switched to a Galaxy S3 and an iPhone 5 for a while but couldn't live with the touch screen typing experience
    06-09-13 11:14 AM
    I think he mentions valid points. Don't be a ***** about it.

On the other hand that's exactly why the iPhone is so popular. It handles (most) of those aspects quite well and is easy to use even by the "older" generation.

All of the above mentioned points I understand I think it's completely fine to share an opinion.

Cheers

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-09-13 11:15 AM
    Another troll
    why is he a troll? just because he doesn't like the device you like or own? that's too shallow man, to some, the Q10 might be the best, but to others, it might be the biggest fail. he stated valid points that one cannot argue with. doesn't mean he's a troll, the device is just not for him or me and some others, if you're happy with it, good for you but respect others' opinions please
    06-09-13 11:16 AM
    shut up and stop complaining oldy
    wow! the Q10 sub forum is a hostile forum. If you don't like the Q10 they will shoot you as if you have offended a member of their family
    06-09-13 11:17 AM
    Just curious, but how long did you look at the phone for?
    I'm also curious about this.

Which phone on the market (other than the Q10) has your attention? I, like you, have been waiting on this thing to release for so long... I just knew I was going to pre-order the second it was available - no questions. Unfortunately I went to stores beforehand and saw some of the newer Android phones. I know it's like comparing apples to oranges, but they caught my interest. The S4 Active looks, well, quite awesome.

I love my keyboard and feel that other than the Z10, there's nothing on the market that I *truly* can type well on (virtual kb i mean). The Z10 keyboard is truly an amazing piece of work. I typed an entire paragraph perfectly - A feat for me. The way it auto-corrected my mistakes was a.w.e.s.o.m.e.

Best wishes on finding a device right for you. Your frustrations are some of the ones that I'm feeling about BB10 as well.
    06-09-13 11:18 AM
    Hopefully you find a BlackBerry 10 phone that will suit you better in the near future :-)

Posted via CB10
    Carterbits and Nonocrack like this.
    06-09-13 11:25 AM
    Feels good to bully in anonymous land? Had he said he was 29, would he still be called "oldie" and "troll?"

PS, for every customer who loves the q10, there is at least one, probably more, who are frustrated and disappointed, and thus moving back to the 9900 or another manufacturer. It wasn't missed on most of us that 3/4 of the features from the older OS are missing. Colors, gestures and cool gets old. Productivity is what will get you to return the phone.
    06-09-13 11:26 AM
    I'll just go ahead and add that the 9900/Q10 keyboards may be the best physical QWERTY types on the market, but iPhone still has everyone beat on the VKB market. The Z10 feels comfy, but idk no one can agree on the proper spot for a back button...Lola.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    nycspaces. likes this.
    06-09-13 11:29 AM
    Agreed. What a bunch of total losers. Honestly, isn't this what moderators are for, to kick people like these off these forums? Seriously considering not coming back after reading that crap.

All very valid points from the OP btw and I own the Q10...
    06-09-13 11:32 AM
    Isn't the dark theme optional?

Posted from my T-Mobile Z10, no longer on the Sprint Meh network.
    06-09-13 11:33 AM
    The problem I have with these complaints is that... it's been known for months that these things were going to be left out......

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-09-13 11:34 AM
    Just because the OP does not like the Q10 does not mean BB screwed up.... Why the OP has to say BB screwed up just lessens the case.... Would have been better if the OP simply voices the concerns over the q10'S perceived short comings... by attacking the company just make the OP sound like a troll....
    06-09-13 11:36 AM
    Exactly malloy... and we get these threads daily.

bigbmc26, blusls and John Pawling like this.
    06-09-13 11:37 AM
    So the learning curve was too steep for a floor demo test? It happens.

Enjoy your 9900. If you want another one, check Ebay. Mine and I am sure thousands of others will be flooding it this week. I have had Q10 for 3 days now and I am still finding things I thought the phone couldn't do, because of misinformation I read on here.

And build quality is so much better on the Q10. Yay for finally getting rid of the light bleeding through the keys like the 9900 and some of the other Bold's had. And color me crazy, but the call quality is so much better too. Yep, I still actually talk on my phone....a lot. I cannot wait until Verizon starts supporting HD calls (supposedly within the next 6 to 8 months). HD calls will be a game changer for me and my business.

And for the record, when someone with only 12 post starts a thread like this, the "Troll" red flag is already up. Believe it or not, some people sign up for Crackberry just to diss the Blackberry. It's nothing new...happens in media ALL the time.

06-09-13 11:39 AM
    The problem I have with these complaints is that... it's been known for months that these things were going to be left out......

But it's ok for you people to go on and on and on about how wonderful the Q10 keyboard is?!

(It's not that great btw... The lack of dedicated comma and period/fullstop keys sucks bigtime.)
    06-09-13 11:41 AM
    You people... lol. I've never once made a thread to ***** or praise a phone. It's either I like it or I dont... no self entitled threads to accompany.

06-09-13 11:45 AM
    But it's ok for you people to go on and on and on about how wonderful the Q10 keyboard is?!

(It's not that great btw... The lack of dedicated comma and period/fullstop keys sucks bigtime.)
    Blackberry took a step forward in the cool factor and ten steps back in shortcuts and "getting things done." If that's what attracts the masses, so be it. But I am certain many of the 80 million CURRENT customers will be going back to the 9900 (or iOS, android) until they bring back the *real* blackberry features.
    atisvt99, FF22, WES51 and 4 others like this.
    06-09-13 11:49 AM
    You people... lol. I've never once made a thread to ***** or praise a phone. It's either I like it or I dont... no self entitled threads to accompany.

What do you talk about on the forums then? I really am curious... I thought these forums were to discuss the phone and the OS? What one likes, what one doesn't like? Ask for help on how to do stuff, that kind of thing...

Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick here?
    06-09-13 11:50 AM
    I will ad another thing that makes the Q10 NOT what I need, the BB maps IS HORRIBLE!!! And VZ Navigator is not available yet on this phone! NOT GOOD for me, as for all of you complaining about this person's post, buy the Q 10, enjoy it and let other use what works for them without starting a war! I personally will return mine and get the Droid 4 again, have a REAL key board, and the navigator that actually works!!!
    06-09-13 11:53 AM
391 123 ...