Hello there, the Q10 is totally useless without proper implementation of Bulgarian/Cyrillic input for the users who are using Cyrillic alphabet.
    The Cyrillic is the third most used alphabet in the world, I cant understand why is so difficult to make proper keyboard for us. And I am speaking just for input not for prediction or spelling.
    I am long time BES/Google apps user but I am planning to move to Office 365 as I don't like the way the Google tries to move everybody to Android.
    I was waiting patiently for Q10 and planned everything to move, but now without Cyrillic it make no sense for me to change the 9900 even I am paying more fee about BES.
    The very strange thing is that this feature was included in the old BlackBerry's. The Russian translit/phonetic was working good enough for us and now they removed it.

I would like to ask if somebody, Crackberry staff/Kevin knows any plans for future update about this problem. Maybe in OS 10.2?

I will appreciate any reply.
    06-09-13 02:57 AM
    I wouldn't go so far as to say totally useless.
    06-09-13 09:34 PM
    I type in several languages, including Russian, and I find all-touch devices to be much more suitable for this purpose. Now that I have a Canadian Q10, I use my PlayBook to email my Russian speaking contacts. The Q10 is for picking one alphabet and sticking to it, but I would hardly call it 'totally useless'.
    David in Durham likes this.
    06-09-13 09:55 PM
    I though you could add your input languages in the options. What option are you looking for?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:34 AM
    There are 30 letters in the Bulgarian alphabet, comparing to 26 in Latin.
    The most useful way for the most of the people who are writing in Cyrillic is to have phonetic/transliterated keyboard.
    Without this keyboard layout it is nearly imposible to write something in cyrillic.
    06-10-13 07:18 AM
    Q10 is problematic for multylanguage (especially if not purely Latin mix) users. I need English+Russian+Hebrew. Bold 9870 provided a solution - Eng/Heb physical with Rus transliteration support, Torch 9810 made it possible thanks to a touch keyboard mode.
    Is there a way to get some kind of a touch keyboard app on Q10?
    06-10-13 07:48 AM
    It seems reasonable to assume that bb will add in this feature. Unfortunately they haven't yet and you have to wait

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:49 AM
    I agree that it is so difficult to write something in Russian without phonetic input, translit.

I also made threat about this, is Kevin could ask why blackberry did not put this function in blackberry 10.
    I live in Latvia and 50% of the country using russian language, but all blackberry without russia. Physical keyboard, here is the big problem, everyone is asking why and telling that they will only buy blackberry Q10 when it will support translit russian.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:49 AM
    There was a solution in the old BlackBerrys. I understand that the OS is new and just started to develop.
    I could wait for the other features that are missing in the new os comparing the old one and I am assuming that they will add most of them in the future.
    But as communication and messaging device at first place I think that should made it before all the other stuff.
    After all we are using the BlackBerrys as "workhorses" and there are more 250+ million people who are using Cyrillic alphabet.

If anyone know any roadmap about future keyboard layouts/input methods, please be kind and share it with us.
    06-10-13 09:09 AM
    Not useless, but makes life harder. I am Bulgarian and when I try to type in latin alphabet, autocorrect messes up a lot of the words. Also, I don't want to use the Russian cyrillic version. I want a good old phonetic. I guess we are stuck with latin alphabet for now/ever.
    06-10-13 09:12 AM
    Hello there, the Q10 is totally useless without proper implementation of Bulgarian/Cyrillic input for the users who are using Cyrillic alphabet.
    The Cyrillic is the third most used alphabet in the world, I cant understand why is so difficult to make proper keyboard for us. And I am speaking just for input not for prediction or spelling.
    I am long time BES/Google apps user but I am planning to move to Office 365 as I don't like the way the Google tries to move everybody to Android.
    I was waiting patiently for Q10 and planned everything to move, but now without Cyrillic it make no sense for me to change the 9900 even I am paying more fee about BES.
    The very strange thing is that this feature was included in the old BlackBerry's. The Russian translit/phonetic was working good enough for us and now they removed it.

I would like to ask if somebody, Crackberry staff/Kevin knows any plans for future update about this problem. Maybe in OS 10.2?

I will appreciate any reply.
    I have similar problem, but most of my contacts are completely o.k with answering to messages written in English. On the other hand, this issue was almost a showstopper when deciding if i'm about to switch to Q10 from Zed10

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:17 AM
    Does any know if there are new input languages coming in os 10.2
    06-10-13 10:37 AM
    did apple send you?
    06-10-13 11:52 AM
    igbo language in nigeria, africa is the fourth most popular language in the world. and blackberry didnt customize keys for it. oh my God! im going to sue them and kill myself. msschheeewwwww
    06-10-13 12:01 PM
    I am sorry that you are not getting it, igbo is using latin letters and was developed as result of British influence in Africa. It uses almost the same signs.

The Cyrillic alphabet is completely different story. The only useful way is to use phonetic system to adapt the latin to Cyrillic letters.

With the accession of Bulgaria to the European Union on 1 January 2007, Cyrillic became the third official script of the European Union, following the Latin and Greek scripts.

And as I am strong BlackBerry supporter I don't get it how can be iPhone to include such a basic things like proper keyboard layouts from the day one.
    Last edited by herol; 06-10-13 at 03:31 PM.
    madraving and rumtocks like this.
    06-10-13 02:53 PM
    Any info for new inputs in OS 10.2?
    06-16-13 12:45 AM
    I am sorry that you are not getting it, igbo is using latin letters and was developed as result of British influence in Africa. It uses almost the same signs.

The Cyrillic alphabet is completely different story. The only useful way is to use phonetic system to adapt the latin to Cyrillic letters.

With the accession of Bulgaria to the European Union on 1 January 2007, Cyrillic became the third official script of the European Union, following the Latin and Greek scripts.

And as I am strong BlackBerry supporter I don't get it how can be iPhone to include such a basic things like proper keyboard layouts from the day one.
    The iPhone has a virtual keyboard. Why would you choose a phone with a physical keyboard and then complain that it cannot handle two languages with completely different alphabets? Get a Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 08:48 AM
    By your logic, why not to go and buy iPhone? Why to bother with Blackberry at all?

There are reasons, the hardware qwerty keyboard, bigger battery, form factor etc. There are many threads here where the people explaining their preference in Q10. Many people like me are waiting for qwerty BlackBerry, Bold successor. They will not buy full touch BlackBerry. Its makes no sense to discuss Q10/Z10 differences here.

I am not complaining! I am trying to find an answer when this feature will be available. I believe that here is the right place to do so.
    I am using this translit/phonetic keyboard on BlackBerry for years. I am asking if someone knows, when this will be back in OS 10.

Regards
    rumtocks likes this.
    06-17-13 07:40 AM
    Herol,

BlackBerry 10 Mini Jam in Sofia, Bulgaria �BlackBerry Developer Blog

Also, I asked a BB 10 team member about the bg input and he said that it will not come initially with 10.2, but they will integrate it later in some of the 10.2 updates.
    07-04-13 03:58 PM
    Q10 seems to fully support Cyrillic alphabet. While having the translit would be nice, maybe laser engraving could be another option? I just type in Cyrillic without looking at keys, but it took some time to get used to.
    07-05-13 03:37 AM
    Herol,

BlackBerry 10 Mini Jam in Sofia, Bulgaria �BlackBerry Developer Blog

Also, I asked a BB 10 team member about the bg input and he said that it will not come initially with 10.2, but they will integrate it later in some of the 10.2 updates.
    That's sounds great! I was hoping to hear from mini Jam.

By the way I bought Z10, it is really impressing me. There are ingenious features inside the OS. The integration with cloud services is great. The OS feels so much advance than iOS or Android. And you can clearly feel and see that the OS is build with Productivity in mind. No other OS can compare. I totally believe in the success of the company.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    rumtocks likes this.
    07-09-13 03:07 PM
    BG Translit - Bulgarian Transliteration and Spell Checker
    Looks like it's not so complicated to adapt a transliteration algorithm to the Q10 keyboard - the above link shows a good example.
    01-24-14 08:01 AM
    Still waiting for bulgarian phonetic keyboard or russian translit.. :/

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-26-14 05:02 PM
    Still waiting for bulgarian phonetic keyboard or russian translit.. :/

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Check KeyboMagic as a workaround:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...guages-942099/
    Last edited by dev4bb10; 06-27-14 at 10:01 PM.
    06-27-14 09:45 PM