Did anyone try the BBM 10 Video Chat??? If you did how was it for you??? Do you recommend it over using FaceTime????

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:14 PM
    It was great! my gf called me from the airport (using her PB) to my Z10. Was smooth considering it was using wifi at the airport and I wasn't on wifi either! Was always waiting for video calling on a BB and it hasn't disappointed.

I most frequently use BBM voice though, it's simply awesome.
    06-08-13 10:18 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

BBM Video Chat allows you to call BlackBerry owners (PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5 - Audio/Video; PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5, Legacy up to 5.0 - Audio).

FaceFlow allows you to get contacted by anyone with the app or a Flash-enabled browser.

Now, FaceTime is an Apple service that has nothing to do with this, as it does not work with BlackBerry devices at all.
    06-08-13 10:20 PM
    i find it was very smooth and clear for me, way better then facetime
    06-08-13 10:21 PM
    I've used BBM video chat, FaceTime, and Skype. They were so good, I had to smoke a cigarette after

All kidding aside, they're pretty much the same. At this point, Skype has the advantage of being cross platform and having a large user base. Of course, BlackBerry has said that at some point after BBM goes cross platform to iOS and Android with the initial messaging only versions, they would be updating those to the fully featured versions ones we have right now on BB10.
    06-08-13 10:22 PM
    Welcome to the forums!

BBM Video Chat allows you to call BlackBerry owners (PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5 - Audio/Video; PlayBook, Z10, Q10, Q5, Legacy up to 5.0 - Audio).

FaceFlow allows you to get contacted by anyone with the app or a Flash-enabled browser.

Now, FaceTime is an Apple service that has nothing to do with this, as it does not work with BlackBerry devices at all.
    Ahhhh, yeah. I know that. I'm just curious on which a person prefer more.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:22 PM
    Ahhhh, yeah. I know that. I'm just curious on which a person prefer more.

Posted via CB10
    Not all of us here have both Apple and BlackBerry devices hehe.
    06-10-13 12:16 PM
    I prefer BBM Video Chat over iOS Facetime. I've used both extensively, and BBM Video feels smoother, and both the Playbook and BB10 devices have better-quality front-facing cameras than any iOS device, so the video is much nicer.
    06-10-13 12:26 PM
    I was able to initiate video chat from PlayBook to BB10 but how do I do this in reverse?

I can't seem to add the PlayBook to my BBM on BBDevC...
    06-10-13 09:40 PM
    I have used bbm video with the few friends that has gotten a bb10 device I just got skype last week it seems to still have a little bugs even after the update.
    My question is does anyone know if faceflow is cross platform or is it just for BlackBerry users?

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 11:53 AM