BlackBerry is becoming Apple and Android of 100 ' s of millions cars in the world.
    This is a massive opportunity and in few years their devices businesses is going to look peanuts in front of it.

http://www.zdnet.com/hands-on-with-t...ry-7000016517/

Posted via CB10
    mago72 likes this.
    06-08-13 08:14 PM
    Wrong link above.. Please use below link

http://www.mlive.com/auto/index.ssf/...ecure_ove.html

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:15 PM
    Wow that is big news.
    06-08-13 08:20 PM
    Looks like a huge service, OTA update securely cars, comes to clear a new mobile strategy for BBRY. Much more than smart phones. All mobile. Great. One more service for substitution fees BIS service for company.
    Thanks for sharing OP.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-08-13 10:01 PM
    Could be a really good thing. Not sure how it would work for cars that don't have hotspot or other built in connectivity. Unless they could do it over bluetooth or Sirius/xm.
    06-08-13 11:26 PM
    Could be a really good thing. Not sure how it would work for cars that don't have hotspot or other built in connectivity. Unless they could do it over bluetooth or Sirius/xm.
    Or maybe bridge it with your blackberry phone.
    06-09-13 01:45 AM
    Very interesting, could be that extra source of service revenue the company really needs
    06-09-13 01:55 AM
    This is how BlackBerry keeps moving. Thanks for the post!
    web99 and bungaboy like this.
    06-09-13 02:08 AM
    Or maybe bridge it with your blackberry phone.
    I'll extend this further and say something controversial by suggesting BlackBerry Bridge will follow BBM and go multi platform

Cars, tablets, televisions all pairing with the phone through Bridge. This means people keep using an operating system that's familiar to them, but depending on the device you're paired with, it would add options (ie radio or climate control settings for when you're in the car)

Sorry. Just went a bit out there with my imagination for a second.

OQ
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-09-13 04:26 AM
    I'll extend this further and say something controversial by suggesting BlackBerry Bridge will follow BBM and go multi platform

Cars, tablets, televisions all pairing with the phone through Bridge. This means people keep using an operating system that's familiar to them, but depending on the device you're paired with, it would add options (ie radio or climate control settings for when you're in the car)

Sorry. Just went a bit out there with my imagination for a second.

OQ
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_SmartGlass

"Xbox SmartGlass is a companion application for Xbox 360 and Xbox One available for Windows 8, Windows Phone, iOS, Android (version 4.0 and above) [1] and Windows Server 2012.
    It was announced by Microsoft during E3 2012 and released on October 26, 2012, coinciding with the release of Windows 8.[2] It connects with the Xbox 360 and allows more interactive entertainment, allowing mobile devices to potentially serve as second screens and remote controller.

Currently Windows 8 and Windows RT Tablets and PCs, Windows Phone (7.5 and 7.8) iOS devices, and Android smartphones (4.x) are compatible with SmartGlass,[3] providing information such as Halo 4 stats and Forza Horizon GPS.[4]

Users of Windows Server 2012 can currently download the application from the Windows Store after installing the Windows Desktop Experience feature in the Server Manager.[5]"

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:49 AM
    My guess? It's going to have a unique ID that connects to cell phone towers, and pushes software/firmware updates to the PCM, ECM, ABS, TC, DIC, ATC, and OBD-2, allowing for the owner of the vehicle to connect to cell towers to receive software upgrades, thus saving a trip to the dealer.

Really going to be a massive breakthrough if this is the case.
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-09-13 10:39 AM
    I have a Parrot Asteroid Smart in my car I just bought, its a customized android based entertainment and communications head unit, it is awesome! Connectivity is via inbuilt WiFi card which you can connect to your phones hotspot, BT tethering is also available, or connecting a USB data card directly to the system. I just did an OTA update on the system yesterday in my house, parked the car within range of the home wifi modem, 227mb installed! With my familiarity with QNX via the PlayBook and Z10 and Q10, I know these systems would be over the top and more deeply integrated into the car and driving experience.
    06-09-13 10:55 AM
    Those Parrot Asteroids are NASTY. I wish I didn't need my head unit for my cars functionality, or I'd have had one 3 years ago.
    NaijaBerry likes this.
    06-09-13 11:36 AM
    This is Huge!

We are starting to see signs of how well BB has positioned themselves. To those who have asked in the past when will we see signs, this is it. Its just getting started.
    06-09-13 12:50 PM
    Milestone for BlackBerry with the most advanced QNX system! Keep moving and growing

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    06-09-13 12:59 PM
    Sounds like putting the NOC to good use if I am reading it correctly. This is also a case where BlackBerrys security pedigree gives them an edge. Safety is paramount. Not serving ads or entertainment. We'll see what comes of it.

Posted via BlackBerry 10
    06-09-13 11:27 PM
    Wow that's amazing. This mobile computing is starting to fall into place and contrary to what some have suggested in these forums, it's not just a gimmick but a big shift in technology.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:37 PM
    Man.... can't wait...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:44 PM
    I just love blackberry. Hope it all works out.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:49 PM
    Those Parrot Asteroids are NASTY. I wish I didn't need my head unit for my cars functionality, or I'd have had one 3 years ago.
    The Asteroid Smart just came out a couple of months ago, its even NASTIER!
    06-10-13 04:00 AM
    There are a few people who have them in the cts-v community. My radio has integrated notifications for traction control, the dic is built into it, among other things. Maybe I'll cut it up and move it down to make room for a parrot, but I'm not sure.
    06-10-13 06:15 AM
    With the QNX Bentley they showed at the last blackberry presentation, they only mentioned that his phone was "paired" with the car already to allow for OTA updates.

Im assuming it will be a bridge type of app you download for whatever platform your using and than type in your vehicles unique pin code to allow for a secure local connection

Posted via CB10
    kfh227 likes this.
    06-10-13 09:02 AM
    What makes it so special is that they are going to ALL Car manufacturers with this system...its not only Bentley and Porches... its Ford, GM, Honda, Toyota...and with that comes a market of epic proportions. ...plus the fact that Apple and Samsung are not focused on it is icing on the cake.

Posted via CB10
    jasonvan9 likes this.
    06-10-13 09:53 AM
    Makes me wonder why there is no focus on the QNX car revenue in the bb earnings report. This has gotta be making them some money

I think in the future there needs to be more integration between QNX and the mainstream bb folks

Good news though

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 10:59 AM
    Never mind
    06-10-13 11:05 AM
31 12