I just bought some mifare NFC tags. I think they are ultralight or 1K. Apparently they are not recognized by OS10.

Anyone know of other brands that work?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 12:18 AM
    You probably bought the 1k which do NOT work. You need to get the mifare ultralights. Those seem to be the only ones that work.

I found out the hard way after buying 2 sets of the wrong kind.
    06-08-13 12:26 AM
    I thought I read that the ultralights were for BBOS devices, but no longer compatible with OS10. I'm not speaking from experience though. I haven't tried any NFC tags yet.
    06-09-13 01:18 AM
    I thought I read that the ultralights were for BBOS devices, but no longer compatible with OS10. I'm not speaking from experience though. I haven't tried any NFC tags yet.
    Well for me, the ultralites are the only ones that have worked so far. Mind you, I haven't retried different tags since all the OS upgrades. Maybe something has changed since straight 10.0.
    06-09-13 07:43 AM
    Well for me, the ultralites are the only ones that have worked so far. Mind you, I haven't retried different tags since all the OS upgrades. Maybe something has changed since straight 10.0.
    I downloaded the manual for my Z10 and did a search. It mentions using tags, but gives no specifications. I also searched the blackberry website with no luck. I'd really like to know before I order tags. I'm not ordering them soon at least.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 04:00 PM
    Probably you bought the mifare CLASSIC type tags (it's not about brand, it's about type).
    "All" types and brands should be good, just not the classic type, not supported on a BB (old tectiles are classic).
    NTAG203 (and newer NTAGxxx) is recommended by many shops. appropriate for ALL nfc devices! Compatible with NFC Forum Type 2 specifications. Highest ScanStrength, means a greater scanning distance.
    Other users can indicate a tag type with the best results specific with BB devices?
    06-09-13 05:27 PM
    Ya it was the 1k Mifare Classic that I bought.

Will get the NTAG203... but they're only 144 bytes... hopefully they'll be enough. I'm only doing single actions, like sending a premade text message.
    06-11-13 02:47 AM