This is the first time I have noticed 4GLTE in SF. Civic center and Bernal Heights. Any body else?

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails 4GLTE t mobile in San francisco-img_00009579.png  
    06-07-13 09:14 PM
    Moved to T-Mobile forum
    06-07-13 10:23 PM
    Picked great coverage on BART down to Daly City. Had spotty coverage in San Bruno.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:50 PM
    I caught LTE coverage while riding the Muni Bus from Powell. It seems it is gradually rolling out in various parts of San francisco

Posted via Q10 from T-Mobile
    06-09-13 03:49 AM
    I now pick it up in a good chunk of San Jose, but that was one of their initial roll-out cities. Seems to drop as you pass Sunnyvale heading towards Mountain View, though. Hope they fully connect the path between these two cities soon, as the new LTE service is the first time I've ever had T-Mobile's data services actually not suck.
    06-09-13 02:59 PM
    That was at AMC Metreon down on 4th st! T-Mobile stepped up in this
    4GLTE t mobile in San francisco-img_20131163.png

However not that impressed with the speed when i tested it using speedtest.net on my browser

Posted via Q10 from T-Mobile
    Attachment 170219
    06-09-13 11:06 PM
    How is the overall T-Mobile coverage in SF? The map coverage looks great but it doesn't into account real life situations like while in a building or what have you. I'm not concerned about LTE because I don't really need it. HSPA+ is more than fast enough for me, and I'm in WiFi coverage majority of the time anyway. So are the phone and HSPA+ signal good around SF and the Bay
    Area?

I am considering switching to T-Mobile from AT&T. I don't have any real issue with AT&T but I'm thinking about more affordable plan options based on my usage level.
    Last edited by cbfan123; 06-14-13 at 08:52 AM.
    06-14-13 08:41 AM
    If HSPA+ worked as well as advertised, then it would be good enough for me too. But having been a T-Mobile customer for a long time, I can say that the actual usability of HSPA+ service at times has been so bad that its almost unusable. Their new LTE service seems to basically fix all of this.

One common problem that I've run into over the years is something I refer to as "3G/4G, full bars, no data shall pass".

Living in the bay area now, though, it does seem like their HSPA+ service is mostly alright. (until you head out to the boonies, where everyone else seems to do okay, or too far inside in a store) But I recently visited Orlando, where I used to live, and got a rude awakening at just how bad their service could actually be.

As their LTE rollout continues, and becomes available in more places, it looks like most of my gripes will go away.
    06-15-13 11:11 AM
    LTE is in the south bay. I've used it in the east bay as far as Hayward and the "other east bay" as far as Danville. I gave the kiosk guy at the Danville Costco a demo since they don't have T-mobile Z10s yet. [They do have them on Costco.com, but not the kiosk.]

I have no idea how T-Mobile rolled out the LTE, but note that LTE has much more range than UMTS. It may be the case that they set up a few high level sites rather than a plethora of low level sites, as in the case of UMTS.

I was hoping LTE would report the tower locations in the engineering screen, like of like the CDMA/EDVO sites do (so I am told). But apparently that isn't the case. I can rattle off the cell IDs from the engineering screen, but I haven't bothered to try to find one. I have a strong signal (around -65dbm rssi) at the house, but that is kind of irrelevant since I don't know the distance to the tower. But everywhere I bothered to check the LTE signal is in the -70's to -60's.
    06-16-13 09:39 PM
    Two days ago, I read on Crackberry that TMobile was switching on LTE. Would it be available in the North Bay (Solano County)? I set my Z10 back to LTE and voila! I have amazing battery life now and I am hoping that calls won't be dropped around my house. Of course, I may not have it everywhere, but now I can use it if it is available. It makes SUCH a difference.
    08-30-13 10:08 AM