Ever since updating maps, my phone has stopped giving me directions and instead reads out the street names several times instead. While this could be useful..when you don't know where you are it's a bit crap. Anyone have any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:30 PM
    No one had this issue since the update?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 05:05 AM
    Nope.. never experienced this before. Even after upgrading.
    Just used maps today and it was flawless!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 08:09 AM
    It doing the same thing for me. Just announces street name! No more turn by turn directions or distance warnings. The app is now unless!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:58 PM
    I'll give it a try later on 10.2 see what happens, however I'm thinking it might have been the last update that broke this

Posted via CB10
    potatoguy likes this.
    06-08-13 05:11 PM
    Weird mine works fine. If anything it has improved the search response when asking for directions where before it was laggy.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 05:22 PM
    yes just tested mine and all is well, maybe try going into app world, see if you can delete and reinstall?
    06-08-13 05:50 PM
    yes just tested mine and all is well, maybe try going into app world, see if you can delete and reinstall?
    Tried with no luck. Cannot find a way to delete this app. Seems to be a core BB Application . Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:18 PM
    Mine has stopped giving voice directions. So someone has to watch the map closely and tell me when to turn. Don't know what made it stop working.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 07:22 PM
    Has anyone tried a restart and then tried the maps app. I haven't had the opportunity yet but I will later on today. I guess as it's a core app it would be security wipe time in order to go back to factory settings right and fix the app?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 03:53 AM
    Mine sometimes freezes on the turn-by-turn screen or tries, and fails, to announce through my car's Bluetooth (where every turn gets me "Hello, say your command. Goodbye!" through the car speakers).

When it bugs up like this I can long hold on the active frame's X to force close it. It behaves normally upon restarting the app.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    06-09-13 04:34 AM
    I know this is probably an obvious answer but I'll ask anyway. Did you check the options of voice commands? I sometimes turn this off because I fond it annoying and just leave a beep instead of the voice command.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 07:54 AM
    I found a solution to my problem just now. Hopefully it works for others with the same issue? I went to settings>> Language and Input >> Voice Dictation. I changed the setting from UK English to just English and my turn by turn directions came back the next time I used the maps.

I always found it funny the directions were in one dialect and the street names in another. Maybe something got broken with the languages in this last update. I haven't had the change to switch back to UK English to see if the problem returns.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:13 PM
    I found a solution to my problem just now. Hopefully it works for others with the same issue? I went to settings>> Language and Input >> Voice Dictation. I changed the setting from UK English to just English and my turn by turn directions came back the next time I used the maps.

I always found it funny the directions were in one dialect and the street names in another. Maybe something got broken with the languages in this last update. I haven't had the change to switch back to UK English to see if the problem returns.

Posted via CB10
    Update: I put back the English UK settings and turn by turn directions still remain....go figure. Strange!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:05 PM
    Mine worked well until i installed the latest update 10.1,now its useless. My current location is way off base , by at least 10kms. I tried Blackberry protect to see if it would find my phone which was sitting beside me in the room and it had it off a few towns away!! Hope they get it fixed soon, as it worked great before!
    06-10-13 04:27 AM