Hey fellow BB addicts

I have the Z10, and I can't seem to find a certain option the old BB had. Currently my notification is set to "All Alerts Off". I want to set it so that if a certain contact texts or emails it would override what ever setting I have and vibrate. How can I make this happen?
    06-07-13 08:02 AM
    I dont know if this would work or not but you could use Hub++ and put in only the contacts that you want to get updates from then put the rest of the notifications on vibrate only. This could achieve what you are looking for but you would have to mess around with the settings to get it the way that you want.
    06-07-13 08:22 AM
    Hey fellow BB addicts

I have the Z10, and I can't seem to find a certain option the old BB had. Currently my notification is set to "All Alerts Off". I want to set it so that if a certain contact texts or emails it would override what ever setting I have and vibrate. How can I make this happen?
    ok sorry but i need to clear how i understand what you want to do...as i'm not a native english speaker
    1) you want to set all your notifications off
    2) while doing that you want some of your contact's text or email to override your setting

i dont know if this would fix your issue but i done the reverse of what you want in #2 (i want to have some contact's text or email not nto show in my notification or even not indicate in my LED. what i did is
    1) open the Contacts app and choose the contact i want to customise the notification
    2) tap Edit
    3) scroll down to the very last and tap the ringtone and notification
    4) from there customise the notification

maybe you can do this ans set your main notification mode to All Alerts Off, then customise the notification of your contacts that you want to be notified if they sent you text, bbm or an email.

btw.. i'm on OS 10.1

hope this helps
    06-07-13 08:30 AM