Is it just me? When I have my headset plugged in, listening to music, either streaming or device based, and a phone call comes in, I do not hear the ringing through my headset.

What I do notice is that the music pauses. If I remove my ear piece I can hear my phone, as well as feel the vibration. My problem here is that so often the music will cut out anyway due to lack of signal, etc, so I end up constantly pulling my device out of the holster to see if there is a call or not.

Is there a setting to make the ringtones play over the headset? I noticed this same issue with my older BlackBerrys but would love to have the ringing come through the headset as well as the normal phone ringer.

Regards,

Dave
    06-06-13 10:13 PM
    I have the same problem with my q10. When I'm in a call using my 3.5mm headset and another call or email comes in, it only notifies me 10% of the time, the rest of the time I get no notification. This is a huge blunder by BB if you ask me, and it is seriously making me consider selling it for another brand, I cant take it any longer. This problem is very serious for someone that is on the phone for 3-4 hours a day, I simply cannot miss as many call as I now am because of this issue. I can't believe more people are not complaining about this, my friend also has a q10, and he's ready to throw it out the car window for the same issue. Come on BB, we waited so long, and you miss such a simple feature.........
    06-18-13 04:35 AM
    Works for me everyday!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 06:11 AM
    Really? I find that so hard to believe. So you get every notification even if you have your headset on?
    So far me and my friends are batting 0-3. One Z10, 2 Q10's that do not notify with headset on. Glad to hear that at least one handset works!
    06-18-13 08:07 AM
    I've never received a notification if I have my headset on. All I know is that the music stops. I can press the button on the mic chord and it will answer it, but am I the only one who would like to head some kind of ring tone through the headset?

Posted via STL 100-4
    06-21-13 01:56 PM
    Same problem...I thought in happens cause I use non BlackBerry head phones...and here we are....hmmm I am on STL100-1. bugs can't seem to end....so I am leaving with two now - crazy battery and this...

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 09:44 AM
    I've even tried the official BlackBerry headphones, no joy, same result as any other wired pair

Posted via STL 100-4
    06-22-13 11:12 AM
    Just noticed this too and it's very annoying. Doesn't even vibrate with the wired headset plugged in
    06-22-13 12:20 PM
    I hear notifications for email, text, bbm, Facebook, everything except phone calls while using the wired headset.

I am using the Benny Hill theme for my phone ringer.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    06-22-13 12:52 PM
    Likewise. I don't think it's a case issue either. It's kind a annoying. I'll receive all other notifications but not call notifications.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 01:25 PM
    This is biggest drawbacks of BlackBerry. Can cb or BlackBerry help out?

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 01:30 PM
    I hear notifications for email, text, bbm, Facebook, everything except phone calls while using the wired headset.

I am using the Benny Hill theme for my phone ringer.

Posted via CB10
    Me too. I hear notifications through my headset except the phone ringtone. Very annoying.

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 02:27 PM
    Same issue with me and I'd like it fixed.
    08-01-13 01:07 PM
    Same issue here. Would also like it corrected.

Posted via CB10
    08-01-13 01:19 PM
    Has anyone figured this out yet? I just missed a call today due to this and I'm surprised it hasn't been corrected. I went through the notification settings but didn't see anything related to this.
    08-02-14 01:16 PM
    Any news on this yet? I'm running the 10.3 leak and haven't seen it addressed in this release...

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 06:49 PM
    Got a Q10 and I have the same problem; no sign of incoming call whatsoever when on wired headset and it plays on speakerphone. IF I am in a call already, then I hear a couple of 'beeps'... if not, nothing is heard on headset. So, if out in a loud street, using headset, I miss all the calls... very frustrating!

Posted from Angband using the mighty Hammer of the Underworld, my Q10
    MaxR_A likes this.
    12-09-14 08:18 AM
    I've had this problem from the very beginning.
    Am not sure if I had this problem when I had my 9800 Torch OS7 but I have had my Z10 2 years next month and I have never had a call come straight to my headset.
    Like the original thread said, only when the music gets cut off do I know there's a call.

There's no headset control other than if you want to mo from speakers.

I have never ever used the standard handset to hear and chat back, always looking loud speakers or headset.

BlackBerry never mind we all have this unimaginable problem.
    What's the fix and if there is one, where is it stated.
    If there is no fix, where is that stated to?
    02-21-15 06:23 PM
    I just noticed that it happened tonight. I am surprised this has been happening for so long. Is it a setting that all of us are missing? What is BB's response to this? I am fairly new to BB and it seems like something pretty basic!!
    02-21-15 07:45 PM
    I just noticed that it happened tonight. I am surprised this has been happening for so long. Is it a setting that all of us are missing? What is BB's response to this? I am fairly new to BB and it seems like something pretty basic!!
    I have never heard anyone say "mine works okay yet, except for tonight on this thread.
    I've put up with it for 2 years now

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:14 PM
    The only reason we don't notice it, maybe because when we have our music or whatever cut by any calls, we just continue forget about it and carry on.

I do think this is the majority of us!

jtvberry
    02-21-15 09:23 PM
    I have just upgraded to the iPhone 6, because I couldn't just go and buy the latest BB, am using the old headset because the iPhone ones are naff.

It works perfectly now, just like a normal phone should, so I have to say, its the way our BB OS has been designed, and a first stage development default.
    Which is a pity.
    03-10-15 09:58 AM
    Here we are, two years from the original poster starting this thread and it's still an issue!

Today I'm in the grocery store listening to my music on the headset while I shop. I notice my music cuts out two separate times and then resumes after a bit. I'm like wtf, but I ignore it thinking maybe it was switching tracks or some small hickup with the tune. Then again it happens a third time, so I take my Classic (10.3.2.2339) out of my pocket and I realize the phone is ringing and I missed 2 calls already!

That's insane, something like this should be fixed by now.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 06:50 PM
    I'm scanning the forums for a solution and there still doesn't seem to be a fix. Or am I missing something?
    07-12-16 04:20 PM
    It doesn't look like there was ever a fix for this. On the bright side, when listening to headphones on the Priv or DTEK50 this is not an issue. The music will pause and you will hear whatever ringtone you set to.
    10-21-16 01:53 AM