REPORTS: U.S. Mining Data From 9 Major Tech Firms... MICROSOFT, YAHOO, FACEBOOK, APPLE, GOOGLE, SKYPE, AOL, YOUTUBE... Companies Deny � Sort Of... White House: 'Only Non-U.S. Persons Outside The U.S. Are Targeted'... REPORT: AT&T, Sprint Also Handing Over Phone Data... Credit Card Providers, Too!... '50 U.S. Companies'

I see Google on there, and I see Apple... but no blackberry.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the BlackBerry family, we are safe from the tyranny of the US Government
    thekidshop and R Field like this.
    06-06-13 09:15 PM
    No surprise.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:21 PM
    Ehh I tried putting this exact point across, but I got called crazy -_-

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-06-13 09:22 PM
    Haha...believe what you will. FYI Big Brother will always fine you and he knows what you are doing.

Posted via CB10
    H_O_Boomaye, Djlatino and Bo_bo like this.
    06-06-13 09:22 PM
    Ehh I tried putting this exact point across, but I got called crazy -_-

Z10? Why yes it is.
    The fact that you get that reaction from people just proves that big brother has accomplished what they want which is make 95% of the population believe they don't exist.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:25 PM
    Oh and this thread is now being tracked lol

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-06-13 09:26 PM
    Well at least Obama used the FISA court. Bush didn't even use that. I know its a small consolation.
    06-06-13 09:27 PM
    Well at least Obama used the FISA court. Bush didn't even use that. I know its a small consolation.
    Rationalize much??
    a1s2d3f4g5 and jegs2 like this.
    06-06-13 09:50 PM
    No slab of plastic, glass, and silicone will ever free anyone from tyranny. Don't kid yourself.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:03 PM
    No you aren't. The data being collected is from carriers also. It's not specific to platform
    06-06-13 10:34 PM
    Rationalize much??
    Nope, not too much
    06-06-13 11:59 PM
    No you aren't. The data being collected is from carriers also. It's not specific to platform
    My bbm is encrypted.
    06-07-13 12:02 AM
    because blackberry is already monitored. FBI has exceptional access to the blackberry data travels including calls. :P this was already mentioned before.
    Last edited by systemvolker; 06-07-13 at 12:12 AM. Reason: miss spelled
    06-07-13 12:11 AM
    My bbm is encrypted.
    indeed it is. though blackberry has already proven they will bend to the will of governments to give them access to bbm. look at the UAE. if they did it there, they will do it in the USA if it's wanted.
    Pete The Penguin likes this.
    06-07-13 12:26 AM
    My bbm is encrypted.
    So is Skype
    Djlatino and Balti43 like this.
    06-07-13 12:28 AM
    indeed it is. though blackberry has already proven they will bend to the will of governments to give them access to bbm. look at the UAE. if they did it there, they will do it in the USA if it's wanted.
    What can you do when they pass the laws? The phones and the company would become illegal, I say respect to them for resisting for many years but eventually they had to give in.

BTW, you can use locally encrypted Pin to Pin:

1) Select contact from contact list that has a BlackBerry pin saved.
    2) Hit the menu button and select option to send a pin message to that contact.
    3) Go up to where it says encoding and select s/mime (encrypt)
    4) Once S/mime (encrypt) has been selected hit the BlackBerry button and select options. Scroll down to select use password based encryption, hit the BB button and save.
    5)Type message keeping in mind the subject line will not be encrypted.
    6) Hit the BB button and send
    7) Enter the password the recipient will need to enter upon receiving the message in order to decrypt an read it.
    8) Once password has been entered twice, select ok to send your encrypted message to your contact. Once they enter the password on their phone they will be able to read the body of the message.
    06-07-13 01:08 AM
    You know why BlackBerry isn't on that list? Because it's Canadian.

All those companies named are US based. That aside, if the government really wanted to get you, they still can with the proper documentation: http://www.reuters.com/article/2010/...67246V20100803

Some more reading on the topic if anyone is interested: U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program - The Washington Post
    NinjaB likes this.
    06-07-13 01:17 AM
    You know why BlackBerry isn't on that list? Because it's Canadian.

All those companies named are US based. That aside, if the government really wanted to get you, they still can with the proper documentation: U.S. authorities able to tap BlackBerry messaging | Reuters

Some more reading on the topic if anyone is interested: U.S. intelligence mining data from nine U.S. Internet companies in broad secret program - The Washington Post
    I guess that crazy conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was right when he warned years ago that everything internet connected made by an US company has to have a back door built in.
    kawikaratekid likes this.
    06-07-13 01:26 AM
    Not really a back door, but more like the US government passing laws that compel companies to allow monitoring of their servers.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    06-07-13 01:34 AM
    Not really a back door, but more like the US government passing laws that compel companies to allow monitoring of their servers.
    Do you remember the carrier IQ tracking scandal? Did they have access to that too? Because that was a detailed log of everything you did on your phone, including keystrokes.
    06-07-13 01:38 AM
    Do you remember the carrier IQ tracking scandal? Did they have access to that too? Because that was a detailed log of everything you did on your phone, including keystrokes.
    One would almost have to assume if all that info gathered by CIQ was sent to carriers, it could likely be accessed by the government.
    06-07-13 01:46 AM
    BlackBerry also granted the Indian Government full access to their servers in India to "help combat terorism".

The only way to stay safe is move to an island with no electricity. :rofl:

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-07-13 02:16 AM
    The public moving from cell calls to data calls would change all if this. BBM voice calls. The cell infrastructure has been built with the nsa having access to all of this since day one.
    06-07-13 02:26 AM
    The public moving from cell calls to data calls would change all if this. BBM voice calls. The cell infrastructure has been built with the nsa having access to all of this since day one.
    Hey add me on BBM pin:333C2889 gracias

Posted via Crackberry on my Z10!
    06-07-13 02:31 AM
    Not true, AT&T installed a fibreoptic splitter in their data centre in San Francisco, so a copy of that data is piped directly to the NSA.
    https://supporters.eff.org/civicrm/m...reset=1&id=427

Makes me question BlackBerry's reason to drop BIS on BB10 (yes, BBM still goes through BIS)...

Why are we surprised? The NSA are paid by taxpayers to spy on those same taxpayers.

Posted via CB10 from my Q10.
    06-07-13 02:33 AM
155 123 ...