Just a thought on how to rapidly grow BBM.

What if all CB members boycott all other messaging platforms once BBM comes out?
    06-06-13 08:09 PM
    I only text for the most part.

Good luck.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 08:09 PM
    That's one way to go.... lol. I do suspect when it does go cross platform it will be the number one used messaging app.
    06-06-13 08:11 PM
    That's one way to go.... lol. I do suspect when it does go cross platform it will be the number one used messaging app.
    I'm sorry, but I don't get this logic. Why will iOS and Android users suddenly have to have BBM? Is it some kind of , if you build it they will come???
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-06-13 10:03 PM
    I say let the best app win. If BlackBerry comes out with a great cross platform BBM, it will speak for itself. Plus, people already hate BlackBerry users enough. If they got wind of this kind of talk, they won't even try BBM.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:07 PM
    Ah can't wait to remove my WhatsApp. Everything else will only be BBM or text! Or they are no friend of mine! Hahahaa

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:12 PM
    That's just dumb.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:15 PM
    If BBM is a good messaging/communication solution, people will use it. It will succeed or fail based on its own merits, not a boycott.
    06-06-13 10:59 PM

What if all CB members boycott all other messaging platforms once BBM comes out?
    Yes that is my plan, but some of my 3rd world friends use whatsapp because it can be used with wifi and no data, so hopefully bbm will be the same.
    06-07-13 12:05 AM
    Boycott!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 12:25 AM
    Rather than being negative, be positive. Don't refuse to talk to people not using BBM. Instead encourage them all to try it!

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff and pantlesspenguin like this.
    06-07-13 03:14 AM

This will not rapidly grow BBM. However, it would rapidly shrink the professional and social networks of those who participate in such a boycott.
    06-07-13 03:33 AM
    If BBM is a good messaging/communication solution, people will use it. It will succeed or fail based on its own merits, not a boycott.
    Exactly what this guy said.But damn BB folk go hard to make a point.Whastapp will be of no use for me once BB goes cross platform I can only but unistall it sadly.
    06-07-13 04:29 AM
    Naw... form a bbm group and invite them to it, promoting them to download bbm

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 04:51 AM
    Nah. I text only
    Nobody I know uses BBM, OR WHATSAPP.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 06:01 AM
    Just tell them to they might. Seriously my friends told me to download WhatsApp to communicate and I did because I needed to talk to them. It I'd the same with BBM. Just tell ur friends to download. No fuss.

I want out from WhatsApp because I just find it unreliable and slow plus all the privacy issues...

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 09:09 AM
    I think I'll do it in spurts just for fun.

I think messaging apps have the biggest ability for rapid growth because they are used for communication.

I hope someone graphs BBMs growth because it could be interesting. Could blow up.

Its the whole if I tell 2 friends and they tell 2 friends, etc.

But more like if I tell 30 friends and they tell 30 friends. Not saying it will happen but could.

Definitely agree let the best messaging app win. If BBM is better people won't need to boycott non-BBM since they just won't use the others if BBM is better. Theres a good chance it will be. Whats-app on iphone sucks. It worked well on my BB.
    06-07-13 11:15 AM
    hurds. Love the passion. Keep up brainstorming. I am sure you'll come out with a killer idea.

If you build, they will come. But it will take a lot more effort than us boycotting other IMs.
    06-07-13 11:18 AM
    The challenge is this move is a few years late. Not many, but if they could have beaten What's App this might of lead somewhere. I am in the US where BBM is obviously used less than other parts of the world, but I can say right now I am not sure if I know one person in my immediate circle is feels the need to BBM. The app is going to have to really wow folks to make people take a look.
    06-07-13 11:21 AM
    I agree with Mush. The 3 people I know with older BBs have family in the islands. Nobody else uses BB in our circle.
    06-07-13 11:31 AM
    I know a lot of ex BB users that are excited for it to release. It will start from there...They will dl, then tell all their iphone/android friends to try etc.
    Let's just see how it plays out....
    You can't force anyone to use BBM, but you can ask...no harm in that...They might even like it
    06-07-13 11:35 AM
    I text more than I use IM.

Texting is already cross-platform compatible.
    06-07-13 11:45 AM
    The challenge is this move is a few years late. Not many, but if they could have beaten What's App this might of lead somewhere. I am in the US where BBM is obviously used less than other parts of the world, but I can say right now I am not sure if I know one person in my immediate circle is feels the need to BBM. The app is going to have to really wow folks to make people take a look.
    I sometimes wonder what would have happened had BBRY purchased Whatsapp instead of Live Profile. Although I still think the LP purchase might have been done to utilize some patents or software for their cross platform BBM, since LP is a PIN based IM service.
    06-07-13 11:54 AM
    Naw... form a bbm group and invite them to it, promoting them to download bbm

Posted via CB10
    He can't until ios gets the app
    06-07-13 12:36 PM
    I'm sorry, but I don't get this logic. Why will iOS and Android users suddenly have to have BBM? Is it some kind of , if you build it they will come???
    Considering android and ios started with BlackBerry users and they loved BBM it makes sence that they would use it again. Dont say because of imessage ios users wont migrate. If imessage was so good more msgs would be sent with it as imessage has 1/5 the volume of daily messages sent with more than tripple trhe user base.
    06-07-13 12:45 PM
30 12