So I've had the Q10 phone for a month now and seems to be the sound quality when playing music is all distorted, there was bass now it's all rattled and cracked. It's not like I even played a lot of music with the phone just weird that it's already busted and I haven't dropped the phone.

Anyone else having speaker issues and if so do I just live with it and use my headphones

CbQ10
    06-06-13 02:22 PM
    Have you tried rebooting the phone in case it is software related?
    06-06-13 02:29 PM
    Rebooted then fdr...and before doing a restore I tested it with youtube and still same issue

CbQ10
    06-06-13 02:30 PM
    Rebooted then fdr...and before doing a restore I tested it with youtube and still same issue

CbQ10
    There is a hard reboot for the Q10. I don't remember the steps to initiate hard reboot, but it is probably posted on the forums.

If it has the problem after a hard reboot, you may just have to get Bell to repair or replace it.
    06-06-13 02:54 PM
    There is a hard reboot for the Q10. I don't remember the steps to initiate hard reboot, but it is probably posted on the forums.

If it has the problem after a hard reboot, you may just have to get Bell to repair or replace it.
    I thought hard reboot was holding down the power button until you see the device actually starting to reboot (simulates battery pull). Sorry if I am remembering this incorrectly or if you were speaking of something else.
    06-06-13 05:24 PM
    I did the security wipe in the settings, didn't seem to help just deleted everything, thinking I need a repair might just live with it

CbQ10
    06-06-13 05:30 PM
    My Z10 speakers are the same, in fact I can't even hear on the phone it is so broken up.

Think I need warranty.

Posted via Jedi mind trick...
    06-13-13 12:41 PM
    Mine has stopped working all together, so now it doesn't ring at all. I am considering buying a replacement Q10 Rear Housing from etrade, but I am not 100% sure it is the speaker or the main board that drives the speaker.
    06-13-13 02:43 PM
    I ordered a replacement rear housing from etrade and it did indead fix my speaker!

Happy days!
    06-24-13 01:07 PM
    Bass works well, but trebbles terribly blown at +70% volume.
    Tried out re-loading the OS. Definitely, hardware issue.
    Move up BlackBerry

Not that premium BlackBerry
    06-29-13 06:14 AM
    did you get it wet? I've seen speakers destroyed & acting like that when they got a bit of moisture on them. Unfortunately with the iPhone like speaker system used on the Q10 it's easier then ever to get your speaker wet
    06-29-13 07:19 AM
    I've had my q10 for 8 days. my speaker just went out during a phonecall. I had it on speakerphone and it just quit on me. 8 days in. I cant believe it. No sound works at all now thru that speaker. My phone wont ring or make noise to notify me of anything. Have to go back to Verizon in the morning I suppose. Did a hard reset and a security wipe and fixed nothing.

so pissed
    07-19-13 03:07 AM
    Just looked up this post; same thing happened to me on Saturday the 20th. I was listening to "Apollo" (Pandora) and the sound just shut off. Hasn't come back on. Did you find a solution through Verizon? (I have AT&T). Has anyone else had this problem? Any solutions out there?
    07-22-13 07:10 AM
    Dear All,

All Q10 & Z10 BB are having this problem of speaker. Its not software problem so no need of hard reset of wipe off iption. Just replace the speaker and thats it. I also like to add my views that new BB models are the worst phones i ever experienced.
    08-18-13 11:24 AM
    Saying all Q10 and Z10 phones are having the issue is a bit harsh. I am sure every device maker has it's share of hardware issues. If this was a wide spread issue then there would be way more that 14 posts in this thread.
    08-18-13 02:03 PM
    It happened in my Z10 but it was because I work in a machine shop and a metal chip got stuck in the speaker area since the magnet pulls it in. Whole trying to get it out I think I made a dent in the speaker and it's not round anymore so now the sound sounds crackled.

Marketing is everything
    08-18-13 02:56 PM
    It happened in my Z10 but it was because I work in a machine shop and a metal chip got stuck in the speaker area since the magnet pulls it in. Whole trying to get it out I think I made a dent in the speaker and it's not round anymore so now the sound sounds crackled.

Marketing is everything
    I've heard of this happening to a lot of people.
    08-26-13 03:40 PM
    Saying all Q10 and Z10 phones are having the issue is a bit harsh. I am sure every device maker has it's share of hardware issues. If this was a wide spread issue then there would be way more that 14 posts in this thread.
    my buddy is on his 3rd z10 because of the speaker and his is blown again.. but like stated above he does work in an environment where metal shards are common
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    08-26-13 03:43 PM
    i got the same issue
    how can i fix and if you have aby idea about stores in houston texas to replace the speaker ??
    10-09-13 12:45 AM
    This is my third Q10, and within about a month of receiving a new handset, yet again - the speaker is blown. Not dropped, no moisture issues whatsoever. I had the a couple of Pearls way back when, and the speakers on those just went out altogether. Based on my experience in owning many, many phones (and although I really like the BB operating system), I don't have time to keep getting new warrantied phones. I run a business, and really - who has time for these annoyances? Off to T-Mobile to plead my case.....
    01-15-14 09:07 PM
    It may or may not be a blown speaker. I had the same problem a while back. It first started with my custom text message tones sounding all distorted like the speaker was blown. Then a few days later everything started sounding distorted. First thing I thought was that the speaker was blown for sure. Ended up trying a OS reload and to my surprise fixed everything. Speakers has worked perfect since, but I can definitely say I thought for sure it was pooched before I reload the OS. Worth a shot at this point before you either try to disassemble or send your phone in for repairs.

Posted via CB10
    01-15-14 09:32 PM
    Well my speaker sounds distorted when playing the standard incoming message tone. The speaker really has trouble with certain sounds. I tested this on another Q10 though. So I thought all have the same issue and that the speaker is just weak.

Sent from my Q10
    01-16-14 03:57 AM