Got my Q10 today officially at T mobile to go with my unlocked Z I picked up back in Feb. I want to use both devices at different times for different reasons and spent ALL DARN day trying to DEVICE SWITCh with BB LINK and other methods. WTH?

I'm having a Devil of a time "Switching" or copying my data/apps/settings from z10 to Q10 however! Nightmare..I installed the newest leaked os over the q10 in hopes that it would work but Its not and im open for suggestions.

Essentially I'd like to clone everything on my Z that I can to the Q.....I did this all the time with the os 7, Bolds etc and it would add back your texts, Settings, preferences and even your damn current screensaver!

IS this because my Z10 is running 10.0.10.85 and the Q is a newer version at 10.1.0.2342? Is so this is infuriating.

All day and I still have an empty Q....I run exchange server for emails, contacts (Intermedia to be exact) So I'm not worried about that - I just didnt want to have to start from scratch. Any one know a work around? Ive tried both connected via usb, only one at a time, SD card, and selective transfer and NOTHING will go from my Z10 to Q10. And it started out such a happy day....

Thanks!
    EDIT POST REPLY REPLY WITH QUOTE
    06-06-13 10:47 AM
    I think the only thing you can do is a backup of the Z10 and then a restore to the Q10.
    06-06-13 10:51 AM
    I got my q10 from T-Mobile yesterday. I device switched my z10 with no problem using BlackBerry link.

Can u tell us what u are having trouble with?

I opened BlackBerry link click the three dot menu on the bottom left hand corner, then clicked device switch.

Asked me to plug in my old device.. (which i got from the UK unlocked day one of z10 release using a tmobile sim card)

Then asked me what information i wanted to transfer over. I chose media and settings only.

After that i was asked to plug in my new device.
    Which is a brand new Q10 from T-Mobile.

Took about 5 minutes and I was done.

I live in USA

Posted Via CB10 Using Q10 T-Mobile
    06-06-13 11:57 AM
    I got my q10 from T-Mobile yesterday. I device switched my z10 with no problem using BlackBerry link.

If this doesn't work, has anyone had any success backing up over BlackBerry Protect then reinstating the data on a new device via BBP again?

I opened BlackBerry link click the three dot menu on the bottom left hand corner, then clicked device switch.

Asked me to plug in my old device.. (which i got from the UK unlocked day one of z10 release using a tmobile sim card)

Then asked me what information i wanted to transfer over. I chose media and settings only.

I live in USA

not sure why it didn't post any of what I added after the quote but here goes..? Have you tried backing up your Z10 over BlackBerry Protect then running it on your Q10 and recovering the backup?
    Last edited by paper_monkey; 06-06-13 at 12:57 PM. Reason: original posted quote only not added commentary..
    almosthumanfx likes this.
    06-06-13 12:29 PM

It either hangs up, doesnt recognize one or the other phone or something. Still fiddling. Question doe sthe sim card matter? Should it be in my Z10 first? Then Switch it to Q10? Or leave out entirely?

Thats where my texts are I think right?

Thanks in advance.

I live in USA

06-06-13 07:46 PM
    not sure why it didn't post any of what I added after the quote but here goes..? Have you tried backing up your Z10 over BlackBerry Protect then running it on your Q10 and recovering the backup?
    But thats a great idea. Do I do this through website or on the device itself?
    06-06-13 07:52 PM
    Z10 to TMO Q10 today and u cant Transfer your Data? REALLY?!-bb_link_s_shot.jpg

After forever supposedly backing up the Z10 It says here that I have 0 MGs when it should be about 3 gigs all in.

Totally perplexed.
    06-06-13 07:58 PM
    Or I get this wonderful message:

Z10 to TMO Q10 today and u cant Transfer your Data? REALLY?!-screen-shot-2013-06-06-6.16.34-pm.jpg

THE OS Version of your new device is older then the version you are switching from....Select a Different Device or cancel.

Im really at a loss here..
    06-06-13 08:27 PM
    But thats a great idea. Do I do this through website or on the device itself?
    I've only ever done it from the device itself.. You have to log in to the website with your BB ID so web based might not be an option.. The other thing that occurs to me now is wether or not you have been/need to reassociate your BB ID with the other device. As far as I know, your ID can only be associated with on PIN at a time so I wonder if that's creating some off the issue (though I would hope if you are using Link to switch devices that it would take care of that important step).

Hopefully someone who got a Z10 then swapped it out for a Q when it came out can shed some light on this..
    06-07-13 10:22 AM
    I am thinking that BB needs to do some more work on their "Link" software.
    06-07-13 10:31 AM
    When i did mine, i actually did a backup, then a restore, not a device switch like back on BlackBerry desktop manager. I had no issues.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:47 AM
    Actually wait i did have issues with my bbid, so what you need to do first before logging in with bbid to the q10, you need to associate bbid with z10, do a backup, then turn on q10, log in to bbid, then restore.

I remember when i first did this i got all excited and logged into bbid with q10 then later in the day i tried to move info from z10 to q10 and it didn't work, i had to wipe to factory settings on the q10, log back into z10, do a backup, then log into q10, and do a restore!

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 10:49 AM
    All the device switch really does is a backup + restore anyways.

They mention signing in to your email accounts before restoring though

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:32 AM
    All the device switch really does is a backup + restore anyways.

They mention signing in to your email accounts before restoring though

Posted via CB10
    This is true, but for some reason i had issues with it, i had to backup my z10, then turn on q10, log into bbid, then connect to link and restore.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 11:39 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB_LINK_S_SHOT.jpg 
Views:	398 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	169107

After forever supposedly backing up the Z10 It says here that I have 0 MGs when it should be about 3 gigs all in.

Totally perplexed.
    My suggestion would be to save everything to a media card and restore to q10.. apps and music (if purchased from blackberry world) will transfer if you log into the q with the same bbid... contacts, well if you use a cloud based service like google (just sync that with google.. about my only suggestion..

Blackberry failed on the link side.. not sure how that happened but that has to be figured out
    06-07-13 11:43 AM
    Use device switch app in BlackBerry App world.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 03:53 PM
    I'm having the same problem. I want to use both my Z and Q when ever I want. Unbelievable that this is such a problem !

I tried the device switch app. It's only working when coming from an iPhone or droid.

Anybody has found the solution ?

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 08:26 AM
    weird, I used BB link, to transfer my z10 data to q10 and it worked fine. Did you try loading a restore onto the q10?
    06-10-13 10:57 AM
    @mralan, I just tried. And guess what ?

It did work. I must say my Q and Z are on the same OS. So to the people who posted here earlier who stated it didn't work through BBLINK : it will work if you update your two mobiles to the same OS.

Thank you all !

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 04:36 PM
    You can't restore a backup if the backup file was made on an earlier os than you are restoring to, even if it's the same phone. Just fyi.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-13 01:39 AM