This is to say kudos to you Blackberry Fanboys. I know that in the past we have denigrated you, called you Blacksheep and some unspeakable names. But today I say you are the reason why BB10 exists. Fanboys everywhere must be praised, including the "Isheep" and "Phandroids" (actually I don't know what Android fanboys are called).

Remember in the 80's when Apple nearly went under? (ok, yeah, I know that tells my age). When everyone said they were done but the Fanboys held strong, even when Steve Jobs came back and had to be bailed out by Microsoft. Remember how the Fanboys were screaming NO WE CAN DO IT ON OUR OWN? But in their heart of hearts they knew they needed the help. Steve Jobs took the help, and the Fanboys stuck with him.

Remember Blackberry in 2010-2011 when everyone said this was a sinking ship? Some of us abandoned ship and went to iOS or Android - myself included. But the Fanboys stuck with Blackberry. What I have come to realize is that the Fanboys are not sheep, they just have a "deep abiding faith" in the company and platform and believe that if the stick with them just a little longer they can convince management to do the right thing. Of course they will jump down your throat if you attempt to sink their ship. YOUR ARE ATTEMPTING TO SINK THEIR SHIP!!! Slowly they can cajole management to put out the features on the platform that they need. They will scream at management if they have to, but they will stick with the platform. Of course management has to be willing to listen else their work is for naught.

So I declare today Fanboy appreciation day. Say thank you to a Fanboy. It is because of you that lastnight I was able to make my journey back from Android to a Z10. After one day with it I see why you are so in-love with BB10. So today I doff my hat to you BLACKBERRY FANBOYS EVERYWHERE. WELL DONE!!!
    06-06-13 08:01 AM
    ...nicely written!
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 08:23 AM
    Well said!
    06-06-13 08:46 AM
    I must say that I agree with the OP, I have had numerous restart and email issues with my z10 and I even went as far as to shelve my z10 and go back to my iPhone 5 because of it. But, after a few days on IOS I have come to realize why I chose the z10 to be my daily communication device in the first place.

The BB Hub, Swipe and Gesturing features are unique to this device and have grown on me and now when I try to use a different platform, I find myself naked without my z10. Yes, I still pissed about restarts in the middle of phone calls and wiping and restoring my device numerous times in the past two months.

But, yesterday I sold my iPhone 5 and I am now fully committed to the BB platform again after a long exit. I still remember my first BB device on the old Nextel network way back when and to this day, that was the best communication device I have ever had, bar none. I really miss the old trackwheel navigation method which I was a master at.

I only hope that this relationship between BB and the Carriers here in the USA will improve in time and our OS10 update releases will be more inline with the rest of the BB world as far as timing goes. Other then that, I couldn't be happier.
    06-06-13 08:50 AM
    Well said, thank you.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 08:52 AM
    I agree! Long live the fanboy!

Just maybe a less vicious version of the fanboy... they can get sad sometimes
    06-06-13 08:54 AM
    I must say that I agree with the OP, I have had numerous restart and email issues with my z10 and I even went as far as to shelve my z10 and go back to my iPhone 5 because of it. But, after a few days on IOS I have come to realize why I chose the z10 to be my daily communication device in the first place.

The BB Hub, Swipe and Gesturing features are unique to this device and have grown on me and now when I try to use a different platform, I find myself naked without my z10. Yes, I still pissed about restarts in the middle of phone calls and wiping and restoring my device numerous times in the past two months.

But, yesterday I sold my iPhone 5 and I am now fully committed to the BB platform again after a long exit. I still remember my first BB device on the old Nextel network way back when and to this day, that was the best communication device I have ever had, bar none. I really miss the old trackwheel navigation method which I was a master at.

I only hope that this relationship between BB and the Carriers here in the USA will improve in time and our OS10 update releases will be more inline with the rest of the BB world as far as timing goes. Other then that, I couldn't be happier.
    The latest leaked OS will probably help.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    Well said!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    Great thoughts OP!
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 09:15 AM
    Appreciate the acknowledgment. Thanks. If your in Chicago beer on me.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 09:17 AM
    Very well written, and let us hope this still holds true as the months go on. BlackBerry has turned a corner, but there is still a VERY long road ahead for them.
    06-06-13 09:18 AM
    QNX, baby go bbry go!

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and eddy_berry like this.
    06-06-13 09:21 AM
    Oh. Thank you! Thank you! It's so nice to finally be appreciated for all the sleepless nights of bickering with other fanboys on these forums. This makes it all worthwhile. lol.
    sinfocomar likes this.
    06-06-13 09:30 AM
    Holy sweet **** someone with common sense, and I came in here expecting to have a bashing war started. Well I stand corrected, damn good write up OP, definitely hit the nail with that one. Kudos.
    06-06-13 09:30 AM
    While I've as yet been unable to rejoin the BlackBerry fold due to lack of BB10 options by my *ahem* carrier, I've never stopped supporting BlackBerry and CrackBerry, because that is where my heart lies when it comes to mobile. And due to upgrade cycles, even when a device comes available, it will be the latter portion of the year before I can fully experience BlackBerry again. Meanwhile, I do all I can to support the CrackBerry family, and I'm proud to be a fan.
    06-06-13 09:32 AM
    While I've as yet been unable to rejoin the BlackBerry fold due to lack of BB10 options by my *ahem* carrier, I've never stopped supporting BlackBerry and CrackBerry, because that is where my heart lies when it comes to mobile. And due to upgrade cycles, even when a device comes available, it will be the latter portion of the year before I can fully experience BlackBerry again. Meanwhile, I do all I can to support the CrackBerry family, and I'm proud to be a fan.
    I'm sure you know about this Jim!

CrackBerry Android App.

Might as well post the CB app too.....

CB10 App
    06-06-13 09:40 AM
    And while you're at it, OP, you might wanna give a big hat tip to the BlackBerry fangirls who have also had the raw brass to stand in the face of device populism, and not given in to pressure, either.
    06-06-13 09:41 AM
    Hear! Hear! Great post OP, long live BB!
    BergerKing and Elite1 like this.
    06-06-13 09:52 AM
    And to us "FanGirls" too!
    06-06-13 10:04 AM
    What you said makes sense OP -hadn't thought about it before. Well said.
    Last edited by BGK; 06-09-13 at 10:00 AM. Reason: ***** Z10 changed my word.
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 10:06 AM
    Osum post

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing likes this.
    06-06-13 10:08 AM
    I'm sure you know about this Jim!

CrackBerry Android App.

Might as well post the CB app too.....

CB10 App
    Ben1232 likes this.
    06-06-13 10:19 AM

Loud and proud, Rich! Had it since I found out it existed.
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-06-13 10:22 AM
    Lol

CB10- BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 10:25 AM
    Nice to start my day on CB by reading such a refreshingly positive post.

Thanks for that to the OP.
    Congrats on the new toy/tool, and a heartfelt welcome back to you!
    sinfocomar and anon(556922) like this.
    06-06-13 10:26 AM
42 12