One would think that maybe the board members or executives at Blackberry would nudge Verizon to get with the program for updating to 10.1.x. I mean, they must know that Verizon is killing/draining their business. If I were a newbie to the BB10 smartphone world and not a dedicated BBRY fan, I would definitely be turned off and of course, my first reaction would be that BBRY is responsible for the reason's why I can not obtain certain apps like Skype or now Soundhound. When go to Appworld on a PC or Laptop, you see it is available for your device. However, when you browse Appworld from your phone, it is not. That would drive a person crazy. Keep in mind, not all new BBRY users are members on Crackberry or even know that this site exists. Obviously, the goal is to attract new users and to get them to switch platforms while still getting support of the die hard BBRY users/fans such as myself.

I love the Z10. I do like Verizon's coverage, especially in my county. But MAN, did they drop the ball on this!

Thoughts??
    06-06-13 07:20 AM
    ...rather harsh. (title edited)

Albeit, I do think ALL carriers and the likes need to 'help' app developers etc. to offer said apps.
    06-06-13 07:25 AM
    I just dl'd soundhound....i have Vzw and had skype....what are you smoking?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    But you have installed a 10.1 OS correct?
    We are still waiting for the official VZW OS to change from 10.0.9.422. I think that might have been part of the OP's point.
    thmarbeef and eninrebmun like this.
    06-06-13 07:31 AM
    And the first thing VZW reps tell you is it is waiting on blackberry, which is a lie
    dgamarram22 likes this.
    06-06-13 07:33 AM
    Verizon is very slow here. Hopefully with the Q10 10.1 release the 10.1 upgrade for Z10 follows quickly for ya!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:36 AM
    Verizon is very slow here. Hopefully with the Q10 10.1 release the 10.1 upgrade for Z10 follows quickly for ya!

Posted via CB10
    I already loaded the 10.1.0.2354 leak and it is rock solid. I never wait for vzw.
    06-06-13 08:00 AM
    I know many of you are wary of installing "leaks" for security or performance reasons, or even because you think the process is too technical or difficult. But as a Verizon Z10 owner myself I made the jump to install leaks (which are really official versions from BlackBerry) and haven't looked back. Please just try it and you won't regret it.

I have .2354 installed with the .1917 radio and it's running great. The instructions are very clear and simple so no reason to feel overwhelmed. As a COO I rely on my phone to work, and with this setup it performs great. Try it out and see what I mean.

P.s. I don't post much because any questions I have are usually found with a good search, and answers I could give are usually best given by the many experts on this forum, but as an average user I understand the hesitation to jump on the leak bandwagon, hopefully my experience helps you to take the leap and really start enjoying your device.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    06-06-13 08:11 AM
    They blame blackberry for not releasing the update

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:12 AM
    But you have installed a 10.1 OS correct?
    We are still waiting for the official VZW OS to change from 10.0.9.422. I think that might have been part of the OP's point.
    If you want a gucci purse but can't afford or don't want to pay the crazy price...you get a knock off (preferably a real good knock off) . from afar no one will know it is not the real deal.

Point being the leaks that have been showing up are damn good. The PP mad that he can't get skype and soundhound is baseless in the fact that they can be had....if he really wanted them.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:54 AM
    I know many of you are wary of installing "leaks" for security or performance reasons, or even because you think the process is too technical or difficult. But as a Verizon Z10 owner myself I made the jump to install leaks (which are really official versions from BlackBerry) and haven't looked back. Please just try it and you won't regret it.

I have .2354 installed with the .1917 radio and it's running great. The instructions are very clear and simple so no reason to feel overwhelmed. As a COO I rely on my phone to work, and with this setup it performs great. Try it out and see what I mean.

P.s. I don't post much because any questions I have are usually found with a good search, and answers I could give are usually best given by the many experts on this forum, but as an average user I understand the hesitation to jump on the leak bandwagon, hopefully my experience helps you to take the leap and really start enjoying your device.

Posted via CB10
    I want to install a leak OTA and not have to reload all my apps and info. I don't want any of my settings changed. Can the leak you have be done that way???? If it can then I wait one more week and go for it

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    06-06-13 09:00 AM
    Verizon is slow because they are too busy giving all of you info to the nsa!

Posted via CB10
    MPLexus301, beamolite and trsbbs like this.
    06-06-13 09:02 AM
    Really? You really cannot live without Skype and SoundHound? It's really such a drag to you? That Is pathetic, sorry, but it is true.
    beamolite likes this.
    06-06-13 09:03 AM
    I want to install a leak OTA and not have to reload all my apps and info. I don't want any of my settings changed. Can the leak you have be done that way???? If it can then I wait one more week and go for it

Posted with JayDee's white Z10
    If done with sachibar it does not get rid of settings. That was my one issue I had with leaks.

Chuck
    06-06-13 09:05 AM
    They blame blackberry for not releasing the update

Posted via CB10
    Funny excuse because they released to everyone else on the planet.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    eninrebmun likes this.
    06-06-13 09:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    What OS are you running. .422 is the latest from Verizon and Skype etc need a 10.1 OS.

Tim

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 09:13 AM
    And all of your calls have been recorded and delivered to the government too.

I'd just get a new carrier.
    06-06-13 09:17 AM
    There are a number of apps that require 10.1 I am getting a bit annoyed that apps I had on my bold I can't have on my z10. C'mon verizon!
    06-06-13 09:22 AM
    Funny excuse because they released to everyone else on the planet.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    Dave! What's up dude?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:25 AM
    that is all us carriers not just vzw. The republic died a long time ago
    06-06-13 09:31 AM
    I agree with the OP.

Even though people can load the leaked version (I'm running OS 10.1.0.2354 which is great) on their VZW Z10, there are people who do not know that you can or even of this site. Also, some people prefer an OTA update since the fact that if you use an autoloader it'll wipe everything and really a clean install/setup is the best way to get everything back up and running instead of a back up and restore.

I'm convinced that VZW's "testing dept" or whatever you want to call it are a bunch of lazy, careless, lying imbeciles.

I mean why the hell was this phone released with an OS (10.0.9.x) that was deemed old and outdated a month before (10.0.10.x) it was released on Verizon?
    06-06-13 09:33 AM
    I was told by Verizon rep not to ask about update if I did they might cancel my account
    06-06-13 09:37 AM
    Really? You really cannot live without Skype and SoundHound? It's really such a drag to you? That Is pathetic, sorry, but it is true.
    No, there's a few other's too. Opinions are like Assholes, everyone's got one if you catch my drift - per your last sentence.
    06-06-13 09:42 AM
    I was told by Verizon rep not to ask about update if I did they might cancel my account
    then your out of contract and can move on, win-win, I'll call about upgrade every hour on the hour
    06-06-13 09:42 AM
    then your out of contract and can move on, win-win, I'll call about upgrade every hour on the hour
    Right!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:00 AM
50 12