View Poll Results: is BB-Link crashware or not?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • never crash

14 42.42%
  • alway crash

13 39.39%
  • crash some time

6 18.18%
    I'm convinced that BlackBerry has not addressed the well known BUG that coursing this nasty crash issues...
    BlackBerry-Link (even the latest ver:1.1.1.26) starting up with the very familiar crash during the startup process... what a peace of crap !!

Problemsignatur:
    EventType: clr20r3
    P1: Blackberrylink.exe
    P2: 1.1.1.26
    P3: 51af9b47
    P4: microsoft.windows.shell
    P5: 3.0.50506.1
    P6: 6be34b3a
    P7: 35f
    P8: ad
    P9: system.windows.makeup.xamlparse

any one else experienced this crash marathon since using there Z10 ??
    the purpose of this post is to keep on nagging BlackBerry, they may come up with a reliable BB-Link at some stage.
    06-06-13 04:38 AM
    Are you sure it's not your install or PC? I had it lock up on me once or twice but that's it..no constant crashing

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:03 AM
    Nope never a crash never had it freeze, never had it fail at anything i needed it to do.
    06-06-13 07:08 AM
    Yep, crashes every time. Have to manually stop it in task manager and then start again. Also 1.1.1.26 says unable to sign in to confirm Blackberry ID, and now won't even connect to my Z10. Lame, lame, lame. Never had any of these issues with 9800 and associated sync software
    willowbeast likes this.
    06-06-13 09:10 AM
    On my Win7 64Bit i never had a Crash or other big problems with link... Sync over wlan and i Tunes Sync Works great for me.
    06-06-13 09:15 AM
    BTW the only problem i ever had was Co working with the old BB Desktop Manager after uninstalling DM everything Works good.
    A tip from another member is to perform a DNS Flush... Maybe it helps?
    06-06-13 09:19 AM
    .... perform a DNS Flush... Maybe it helps?
    Did that, before and after a so called clean install... messing with the registry too and found out that BBLink dose not clean up after a so called clean uninstall!
    Found 35 entries "root\NET\0000" related to LAN-conections... counting up for every new installation..

Yeah BBLink leaves behind a lot of junk...

Posted via Z10
    06-06-13 10:56 AM
    Never a crash, but it updates, but doesn't update. As in, goes through the entire process, but isn't updating. Not sure why, very annoying.
    06-06-13 12:05 PM
    Never had Link crash on me on any of the four computers that I have it installed on (three PCs and a MacBook Pro). I've installed and used every release version thus far including 1.1.1.x without issue.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:10 PM
    Every time I try on my laptop I get a message that link has stopped working. And closes. Have never been able to get it working.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:19 PM
    what would be more interesting: are crashes more frequent on Win8, win7, XP.... or does it matter or not. I am on Win7, and it hasn't crashed on me. It's FINNICKY, but hasn't crashed.....
    06-06-13 06:18 PM
    Did that, before and after a so called clean install... messing with the registry too and found out that BBLink dose not clean up after a so called clean uninstall!
    Found 35 entries "root\NET\0000" related to LAN-conections... counting up for every new installation..

Yeah BBLink leaves behind a lot of junk...

Posted via Z10
    Use revolucin uninstaller the free version.
    It will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:25 PM
    It will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    OK as a workaround, but missing my point that BlackBerry should do a better job removing there own slack instead of leaving it to coursing more problems for there own "clean" installation which isn't clean after 2nd installation at all.

Posted via Z10
    06-07-13 04:50 AM
    what would be more interesting: are crashes more frequent on Win8, win7, XP.... or does it matter or not. I am on Win7, and it hasn't crashed on me. It's FINNICKY, but hasn't crashed.....
    Agree, yes I was thinking about it, maybe a good matter to open a new poll.

Posted via Z10
    06-07-13 04:52 AM
    It will do the trick.

Posted via CB10
    I correct: revo uninstaller.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-13 07:53 AM
    It's won't sync my phone with usb I can't do a back up or anything.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:47 PM
    OK as a workaround, but missing my point that BlackBerry should do a better job removing there own slack instead of leaving it to coursing more problems for there own "clean" installation which isn't clean after 2nd installation at all.
    As I've had no problems with it crashing or updating (on windows 7) I haven't gone digging through to see what's left on my machine after an uninstall. So I have no idea how much gets left. But don't most programs leave crap on your pc after an unininstall? Though I don't know if that's an example of a byproduct of the Windows platform, or proof that all programmers for windows are lazy.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    06-09-13 08:42 AM
    I posted this in another thread and do call me a clean freak, but this is my routine...

When I upgrade Link (and when I updated BBDM), I completely uninstalled the old version, then I would run Ccleaner (both the cleaner and the registry cleaner) and then I would restart my computer and install the new version. I don't know if it will help everyone, but I have had zero problems with installs.
    ATMJOE, go1ndr and Mecca EL like this.
    06-09-13 08:58 AM
    .... But don't most programs leave crap on your pc after an unininstall? Though I don't know if that's an example of a byproduct of the Windows platform, or proof that all programmers for windows are lazy.

Posted with my Z10 via CB10
    Yeah win programmer are lazy!
    But in case of BlackBerry, well they don't even bother reducing the LAN-conections, just adding new ones.. found 35 of them "root/NET/0000"!
    Every time I installed Link as so called clean, the installation adding a new one, the uninstall never ever deleted any of the previous nor used an older one.

Posted via Z10
    06-09-13 09:21 AM
    I posted this in another thread and do call me a clean freak, but this is my routine...

When I upgrade Link (and when I updated BBDM), I completely uninstalled the old version, then I would run Ccleaner (both the cleaner and the registry cleaner) and then I would restart my computer and install the new version. I don't know if it will help everyone, but I have had zero problems with installs.
    I totally agree with Saxxman! CCleaner will do the trick, cleans everything including the register, and nothing out there is better! Also make sure to uninstall the BBDM or Link using the control panel on your PC rather than just deleting it..Go to the menu button (W7) and click on Control Panel/ "Programs and Features". Search and find the actual BBDM file and uninstall it from there. You have to actually uninstall the program from there in order to get everything off the PC--all their files, and cookies, etc. Then reboot- and, then use the CCleaner-- then reboot again and reload the new link or BBDM download.Works everytime. BTW, I'm still using BBDM 6.1 as it is by far more stable! When I pick up the Q10, I will go through this exact series of steps as BBDM can't remain on the PC while running the newer Link software as they conflict with each other per BB and forum threads.
    saxxman likes this.
    06-10-13 05:33 PM
    BB Link makes all windows 8 computers crash not BB Link crashing but all of windows. i get a bsod. This happens to a bunch of my friends as well.
    06-11-13 06:57 PM
    Hi everybody!

I have a very strange behavior with BB Link v.1.1.1.26: I cannot open it more than once without restarting the laptop (W7 64). If I try to open it I get the message "BB Link doesn't work anymore..." !!

Any ideas on how or where to look for a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help!
    06-19-13 03:58 AM
    Hobgoblin,

Did you find a solution for the persistent crash of BB Link on start up? The posts go side-wise and I can't tell the exact solution you found for this Blackberry Blink issue. Was it due to remnants of BB Desktop Manager in your drive? How exactly did you strip them and was it successful?

Thanks
    09-07-13 11:08 AM
    Hobgoblin,

Was it due to remnants of BB Desktop Manager in your drive? How exactly did you strip them and was it successful?

Thanks
    Win7x64 Pro, AMD Phenom Quad Core

For a bit, I had DM and Link Co-existing together. I never had Link crash on start-up, but had plenty of other strangeness to make up for that.

It seems >wise< to completely remove DM, one way or another. How?

I recommend an unstall utility such as REVO.
    09-08-13 02:36 PM