Before anyone quickly replies with the obvious "Z10's don't work on BES 5..." Yes. I am aware of that unfortunate fact now. My situation is I work for a huge health care system and this is how it is setup:

1) BES 5 server - no go [obviouslly]
    2) Win ActiveSync - setup is easy for iPhones, otherwise policy restricted [i.e. no androids either UNLESS running the "Good" application]
    3) No "Good" app for BB 10
    4) OWA? Yes but I have a Z10 I want real email not a crappy web server...

Is there a port? An app? Anything? Or did I actually buy a brand new latest and greatest Blackberry that cannot connect to a gigantic enterprise system [one of the primary functions of a BB to begin with...]

Absolutely love the phone, I have actually thought of downgrading to a bold but it looks so painful compared to my Z10. Had an iPhone and am done with those and am not a fan of the droids. I love BB! Can anyone provide some sort of solution???
    06-05-13 05:23 PM
    Keep the Z for your personal phone and as the company needs you to respond to their corporate emails, have them provide you with the appropriate device.
    06-05-13 06:06 PM
    2) Win ActiveSync - setup is easy for iPhones, otherwise policy restricted [i.e. no androids either UNLESS running the "Good" application]
    The Z10 works with activesync. You may need to work with your IT folks to get it working, if there's a policy that prevents it.
    06-05-13 06:12 PM
    Not allowed due security reasons. :/
    06-05-13 06:18 PM
    I am with you here. I'm using webmail.

Posted via CB10
    jcdanzer likes this.
    06-05-13 06:39 PM
    Before anyone quickly replies with the obvious "Z10's don't work on BES 5..." Yes. I am aware of that unfortunate fact now. My situation is I work for a huge health care system and this is how it is setup:

1) BES 5 server - no go [obviouslly]
    3) No "Good" app for BB 10
    4) OWA? Yes but I have a Z10 I want real email not a crappy web server...

Is there a port? An app? Anything? Or did I actually buy a brand new latest and greatest Blackberry that cannot connect to a gigantic enterprise system [one of the primary functions of a BB to begin with...]

Absolutely love the phone, I have actually thought of downgrading to a bold but it looks so painful compared to my Z10. Had an iPhone and am done with those and am not a fan of the droids. I love BB! Can anyone provide some sort of solution???
    It sounds like you didn't even bother to do some research before buying into the Z10, or checking with the health care unit that you work for. Who's fault is that other than your own? The whole things about BB10 requiring BES 10 (a whole new server) to interface with Exchange has been out in the open before the Z10 was released in January of this year and you are just finding out about it now, really??

ActiveSync is your only option. Otherwise start getting use to the OWA on your browser!
    06-05-13 06:47 PM
    Yep. I am just finding this out now. I never said it wasn't my fault. Clearly it is, I put my trust in the BB name of old that it would just work. Feel better now?
    06-05-13 07:28 PM
    Your admins think ActiveSync on the iOS devices is better security than the BlackBerry devices? Unless they have some sort of certification process in place that they have to go through the motions to approve it, they are delusional to assert iOS is better for security.

I realize that doesn't really help you and apologize for that, but unless they give you something to work towards there isn't much we can do advice wise since it looks like your other options are blocked.

Sorry.

For what it's worth I work in the industry you referenced and have some pretty strict restrictions to mee and am still working on getting BB10 devices deployed ASAP. If you want to discuss the requirements of your organizations or mine, please PM me.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:37 PM
    I appreciate your thoughts, I may just take you up on that offer. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:45 PM
    Your admins think ActiveSync on the iOS devices is better security than the BlackBerry devices? Unless they have some sort of certification process in place that they have to go through the motions to approve it, they are delusional to assert iOS is better for security.

I realize that doesn't really help you and apologize for that, but unless they give you something to work towards there isn't much we can do advice wise since it looks like your other options are blocked.

Sorry.

For what it's worth I work in the industry you referenced and have some pretty strict restrictions to mee and am still working on getting BB10 devices deployed ASAP. If you want to discuss the requirements of your organizations or mine, please PM me.

Posted via CB10
    I agree, how can your IT department allow iPhone to use ActiveSync but not your BB10 device? It's apparent they're only saying no because they don't have training on setting up BlackBerry 10 devices with ActiveSync. Even if the process is similar to do.

Posted via CB10 using a Z10
    06-05-13 07:46 PM
    Agreed.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 07:59 PM
    Can you get any details on this? I would be interested to hear the "security" reasoning. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but activesync is activesync no matter what device unless you have some 3rd party EMM service in between?
    Last edited by wayne504; 06-05-13 at 10:01 PM.
    06-05-13 08:20 PM
    Check with your Exchange Admin, your mailbox may not have Active Sync enabled.
    06-05-13 08:38 PM
    I did do some research before buying our Z10 for a work colleague but we are experiencing dreadful difficulty in getting it to authenticate / log on. It appears to me that the Activesync mash up was an after thought and that they would prefer you went out an paid for a BES10 CAL - a very carefully calculated commercial decision..............
    06-09-13 04:20 AM
    I did do some research before buying our Z10 for a work colleague but we are experiencing dreadful difficulty in getting it to authenticate / log on. It appears to me that the Activesync mash up was an after thought and that they would prefer you went out an paid for a BES10 CAL - a very carefully calculated commercial decision..............
    Lol as an Exchange Administrator who has a BlackBerry Z10 (without BES 10) connected via ActiveSync, I find this hilarious. Tell the Administrator to work harder and if you just deployed Exchange as you mentioned, then open up a case or hit up their forums, there's plenty of logging options on the Exchange side to narrow down the issue, just need someone that is compentent.

OP looks like you are screwed, they want you to use an MDM

You could suggest to them to contact their BlackBerry rep as BlackBerry is offering sweet deals to deploy a BES 10 server, when I was looking into it, it seemed basically free... if they have a BES 5 they probably invested a bit in that solution and it would be a shame to not even explore an upgrade, especially if they are a virtualized environment. And you could be their tester... and since BES is also an MDM they can look at getting rid of Good at some point...

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z10
    06-09-13 08:14 AM
    I have know idea what the admins use phone wise, likely iPhones and I am just a user. I spoke with him again and they are in the process of upgrading their mobile servers for all users but no time frame of course and he wouldn't elaborate on BES 10. So I'm stuck with OWA for now. Thanks for the comments all.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 09:54 PM
    One last suggestion. Get your CEO or whomever heads up your IT Department (CTO/CIO/CFO/COO?) hooked on a BB10 device and you'll see BES10 implemented in a month
    06-09-13 10:01 PM
    Great idea!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 10:09 PM
    I'm in a very similar situation to you. Wanted to reference you to a couple threads, as you may pick up something that's useful:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bes-10-...leiron-810905/

Also, here is a link to another thread where someone says they successfully side-loaded Mobile Iron and Touchdown. Touchdown is already in the BlackBerry app world. Perhaps you can simply side-load Good???

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...-story-784364/
    06-09-13 10:52 PM
    I'm shocked! Touchdown worked I am assuming because it is using an older platform (OL 2007). Not the best app in the world but it's better than OWA. I did try side loading Good but could never get it too stick. Thanks for the help nice solution!

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:56 PM
    It appears to me that the Activesync mash up was an after thought and that they would prefer you went out an paid for a BES10 CAL - a very carefully calculated commercial decision..............
    That doesn't make sense. Unlike BES 5 where there was a proprietary BES protocol for emails BES 10 just uses ActiveSync. BES 10 adds management features, but email on BES 10 is via ActiveSync just like when you don't use a BES. BlackBerry does offer the option on BES 10 of routing ActiveSync via an encrypted VPN-like tunnel, but it's still ActiveSync.
    06-09-13 11:57 PM
    Preaching to the choir my friend...

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:59 PM
    The issue here is not one of security, but one of manageability and traceability due to health care industry regulations.. iOS and Android may be less secure but if it is managed by an MDM, it is permitted. When it comes to the BB, it may be the same ActiveSync connection to the Z10, but unless you have BES10, it is an unmanaged connection and thus not permitted...

If you can't live with Web access, your only recourse is to convince IT to adopt BES10.. BlackBerry has free trade ups for BES5 licenses, so cost should not be a factor...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 12:09 AM
    What mdm manages the ios and Androids in your environment? If they are managed by the Exchange server, then the BlackBerry should be able to be as well.

BES10 can also manage ios and androids and the BES software is free. CALs cost, but might be worth it.

Posted via CB10
    06-10-13 09:05 PM