Did anyone see this on the Home page ? We are "Mid Tier" users. I think that's very funny. I resemble that remark.

"The A10will be the successor to the Z10 and will take over as the "high tier" device for BlackBerry, moving the Z10 and Q10 to mid-tier...device..."

Posted via ZB10
    06-05-13 04:44 PM
    Did anyone see this on the Home page ? We are "Mid Tier" users. I think that's very funny. I resemble that remark.

"The A10will be the successor to the Z10 and will take over as the "high tier" device for BlackBerry, moving the Z10 and Q10 to mid-tier...device..."

Posted via ZB10
    nope I won't believe that. z10 and q10 will always be the hi tier devices. A/P10 of whatever beast bbry will introuduce close to the end of this year will mark another sector of bb10's target market.

in fact, I don't think the name will be dubbed "A10". A is the series but the real name of the phone won't be that. see?

- L-Series --> Z10 (Z) then the build code is STL (Smartphone-Touch-L series)
    - N-Series --> Q10 (Q stands for qwerty) then the build code is SQN (Smartphone-Qwerty-N)
    - R-Series --> Q5, SQR (Smartphone-Qwerty-R)
    - A-Series --> I believe it won't be named A10, as the build code will be close to STA (Smartphone-Touch-A Series)
    06-05-13 04:53 PM
    It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. If the A10 comes out around Thanksgiving, that's about 10 months after the Z10 was released (or 8 months for the US). That's pretty much how fast tech changes these days. Subsidies and contracts are seeming to go by the wayside as consumers upgrade their phones quicker. You just can't expect to have the top device for too long.
    06-05-13 05:01 PM
    It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid. If the A10 comes out around Thanksgiving, that's about 10 months after the Z10 was released (or 8 months for the US). That's pretty much how fast tech changes these days. Subsidies and contracts are seeming to go by the wayside as consumers upgrade their phones quicker. You just can't expect to have the top device for too long.
    This.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 05:09 PM
    nope I won't believe that. z10 and q10 will always be the hi tier devices.
    Whether you believe it or not, doesn't matter. There will be a new high end phone to replace the Z10 and Q10. Rumors are that Sprint is already locked down to carry the A10 in November. They supposedly held off on the Z10 knowing that the A10 was in the pipeline. If the A10 has more bells and whistles than the Z10 and Q10, and a better phone overall, then it will certainly become the high tier phone that the article claims it will be. That's just how it works. The CEO sounds super excited about this new phone.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-05-13 05:09 PM
    What pantless said, but I won't be upgrading. The z10 will keep me happy for at least a few years. I know newer devices will come along, but this thing suits me fine. If that puts me in the mid tier, I am totally cool with it.

Last time I "upgraded" to the S3, I felt suckered. If didn't suit my needs as well as my trusty old Torch.

To each their own.

Posted via CB10
    tangyboy likes this.
    06-05-13 05:13 PM
    Whether you believe it or not, doesn't matter. There will be a new high end phone to replace the Z10 and Q10. Rumors are that Sprint is already locked down to carry the A10 in November. They supposedly held off on the Z10 knowing that the A10 was in the pipeline. If the A10 has more bells and whistles than the Z10 and Q10, and a better phone overall, then it will certainly become the high tier phone that the article claims it will be. The CEO sounds super excited about this new phone.
    Not surprised at all. This rumor is old and recurring.

What excites me is if the Z and Q are mid tier phones then what's the successor of the Q be like?

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    06-05-13 05:16 PM
    Call it whatever you want but if the specs are better I will be buying ASAP lol

Posted via CB10
    slade632, brout and ruhban like this.
    06-05-13 05:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    Me to.

Posted via ZB10
    06-05-13 05:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not me. I'll be waiting and watching to see about this new BBRY arrival and how it stacks up against everything else they have put out. I have time to evaluate and decide.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    06-05-13 05:26 PM
    I'm satisfied with my z10 as it is and have no plans on buying another phone for a while.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z10.
    BBVegasGirl80 and sanjk1 like this.
    06-05-13 05:30 PM

Posted via ZB10
    What, is this some kind of weird status thing? Personally, I don't care where a phone falls in a product lineup if it satisfies my requirements.

That said, if the so-called "A10" (and, no, I'm not necessarily expecting this to be the final model name either) hits the specs that are being rumored, I'm gonna stand in line for it. It sounds awesome.
    06-05-13 05:45 PM
    What, is this some kind of weird status thing? Personally, I don't care where a phone falls in a product lineup if it satisfies my requirements.

That said, if the so-called "A10" (and, no, I'm not necessarily expecting this to be the final model name either) hits the specs that are being rumored, I'm gonna stand in line for it. It sounds awesome.
    Agreed. I'm missing the screen real estate of my SGS33, and I've never been one to turn down bells and whistles. I love my Z10, but knowing me I'll be ready for the next version come the holidays.
    06-05-13 05:52 PM
    Does this new A series phone HAVE to be a flagship phone? If months after its launch there is a successor to the Z10/Q10 with everything that's in the A series phone, then some, will it become the flagship again? Which is the flagship phone for Samsung? SG4 or Note 2? Does it matter?
    06-05-13 05:52 PM
    I rather wait and see if BlackBerry even exists in 3 years or goes the way of hp/pre before I buy a new device.

Z10 is good until then

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 05:53 PM
    ............. no
    06-05-13 05:54 PM
    What's crazy is that ebay and kijiji are flooded with drastically reduced Z10's now, and the phone has only been out a few months. I wonder what the going price of a slightly used Z10 will be in 6-8 months time when the new flagship A10 phone is released.
    06-05-13 05:55 PM
    If your phone stills works great and makes you happy then why does it it matter if it's called top tier or mid tier. It's still a great working phone.

Do you expect BBRY to not release any new phones. Thats what got them in their current mess.

Posted via CBZ10 baby!
    06-05-13 05:57 PM
    Darn it. I'm gonna stick the Z10 though, I don't have money to shell out!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 06:00 PM
    According to the leaked roadmap, the R10 with physical keyboard and bigger screen then the Q10 looks very nice. I'm using the Z10 right now so there is no rush for me.
    06-05-13 06:15 PM
    What's crazy is that ebay and kijiji are flooded with drastically reduced Z10's now, and the phone has only been out a few months. I wonder what the going price of a slightly used Z10 will be in 6-8 months time when the new flagship A10 phone is released.
    eBay prices still seem to be holding above $400 for even used Z10s, and upwards of $800 for LE models. I wouldn't call that "drastically reduced" any more than the even lower price you'd pay for an iPhone 5.
    06-05-13 06:25 PM
    If your phone stills works great and makes you happy then why does it it matter if it's called top tier or mid tier. It's still a great working phone.
    There is a large segment of the younger customer demographic that treats their mobile phones as status symbols. And because of this, they will upgrade to the latest and greatest at the first opportunity, even if there is nothing wrong with their current phone. It's like Apple. For a while there, you could stick an Apple logo on a rock, and because it says Apple, there would be people lining up to buy it.
    VinLou likes this.
    06-05-13 06:26 PM
    Mid Tier... Ive been called worse. lol
    06-05-13 06:30 PM
    Mid Tier... Ive been called worse. lol
    Just love this...you've made my day!!
    newfie1974 and amp323 like this.
    06-05-13 06:31 PM
    As long as I can keep upgrading the os of my Z10, I will be happy.
    If my Z10 becomes obsolete then I will be pretty upset.

Z10 stop rebooting pleaaaaaaase.
    06-05-13 06:49 PM
123 123 ...