How many of you left iPhone or Android for BlackBerry? Whether it be for the Q10 or the Z10? Also what made you make the switch?
    06-05-13 01:27 PM
    I left iphone, the mutlitasking and the os itself makes more sense. Easy to use and very efficient
    06-05-13 01:32 PM
    How many of you left iPhone or Android for BlackBerry? Whether it be for the Q10 or the Z10? Also what made you make the switch?
    I gave up my SGS3 for the Z10, but soon I was missing some apps. I got an iPod Touch...but then gave that up for a Nexus 4. So now my Z10 is my daily driver and my Nexus 4 is at home and I basically just use it for Google Now, a couple of apps, a secondary alarm, and the browser when my Z10 is charging. I use it more like a tablet than a daily driver with all my important info. I am looking forward to seeing how BBM will look and function on it, though. But right now I'm loving my Z10 and can't wait to see how the platform develops.
    06-05-13 01:34 PM
    I didn't exactly leave Android. I just carry two devices now...

What made me come back to BlackBerry? Curiosity and the fact that I missed having a real keyboard.

I simply cannot type correctly on a touch screen in real life (in a crowded subway car at 80 mph holding onto a pole with one hand and a briefcase in the other).

With my Q10 I need just one thumb and I can type error-free. To use a touchscreen in *real life* is not feasible for me.

Having seen the lack of key apps on BB10 and discovered some other issues I will probably keep carrying my Android device until we have more clarity on the future of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 02:05 PM
    I left from a Samsung Galaxy S3 and a LG Optimus L9 to just a Q10. I have chosen it for
    1. Really active multitasking (on android it is quite limitated; for exemple on Android I can not listen to youtube while doing something else or with the screen locked, as it would always have got pauses --- on BlackBerry it worls perfectly). Also, the system is working amazingly, much faster, fluent and stable than Android (it is somewhere between the lagfree ios and the very fast transition of Android, but which is not so pleasent to the eye).
    2. Big battery comparing to the processor and the screen.
    3. Very very good browser which also supports flash (it is much superior than the s3 stock).
    4. BlackBerry support - I was able to contact BlackBerry France several times (even if I live in romnia and we do not have an official representative) opposing to Samsung Support which really disappointed me ( I had a problem with my s3, it was turning off by itself at random moment, sent it to the OFFICIAL service from romnia, they did not fix it and refused to accept my phone for an another repair; tried to contact samsung usa and france and they refused to help me as I lived in Romania).
    5. Very good interface ( I really liked my PB swipe gestures and wanted them on my phone, as the Android home button was so out-dated for me as it made me really really frustrated because it was taking me a lot of time to pass from an app to another).
    6. BlackBerry hub which is the best unified inbox you can get on the market.
    7. Premium build material: the phone looks so business and feels so good, opposing to the s3 which was like a piece of plastic (which also had the back painting spoiled after just 2 months - I was also refused by the service as the cover was not supported by guarante - wtf ?! )
    8. The qwerty keyboard - wanted to try and I have to tell it is awesome. I have tried swipe, swiftkey etc on Android but I have never been able to type as fast as on my Q10.
    9. Very good user community, I just love CB.
    10. Because I wanted a chang and I ralisd that the BlackBerry os 10 smartphones are th only phones really looking at the future.
    Ps: as I have stated many times, I do not consider that BlackBerry has a real issue with apps; my most needed apps are also here: whatsapp, tunein, instagram (via sideload), google maps (via sideload), evernote (very well integrated in the Remember app) and so on...

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    groej and BryantCarpio like this.
    06-05-13 02:12 PM
    There's a poll, vote and post and we will have some results.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ry-q10-806913/
    06-05-13 02:53 PM
    I most recently had an Alcatel android. Cheap phone that didn't work well. Loved swype but the z10 is better and faster for me. My fiancee has an iPhone and I do believe it is behind BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:16 PM
    I left android (had a cheap SG Ace x 2), but only had it for a couple months to tie me over till the Q10 launched, because my beloved Nokia was having trouble. There was very little I liked about the SG.

My previous phone was a symbian Nokia E5, but had problems with a memory leak, which I could't find a solution. Loved that phone, sturdy as hell and could take a real beating, and the battery would last me days! But I'm loving my Q10 waay more now.

Edit: Left because I don't like virtual keyboards, and the SG Ace just plain sucked. lol Too much bloat and crap running in the background, and the battery life was terrible.

A real keyboard is a must for me. My previous Nokia E5 had a decent keyboard, but the larger Q10 keyboard with slanted keys walks all over it.

Posted via CB10 on my sexy Q10
    Last edited by SharonRD; 06-05-13 at 03:42 PM.
    06-05-13 03:26 PM
    Left Android. Purely because of the lack of keyboard phones available (especially in Australia) for Android. And for a change of scenery...

My smartphone path so far: Palm/Treo (180, 270) -> Windows Mobile (a couple of different ones with keyboards) -> Palm/Treo (650, 650 STILL miss this phone, it was probably the best phone I ever had...) -> iPhone (hated it, hated the lack of keyboard and later HAD to use one for work, yuck) -> Android (had a few on screen keyboard ones then finally found the Sony Ericsson Mini Pro in 2011 - perfect size (small) with an awesome slide out keyboard. Stayed with this phone until last week - and for an early adopter gadget geek, having the same phone for almost 2 years is unheard of! Miss it... The phone is smaller and the keyboard better (wider with navigation keys) than the Q10. Still, all good things must end and the phone was too old and slow...)
    06-05-13 03:29 PM
    Im leaving my Moto Razr M behind for a Q10...loved the Razr but it wont beat the keyboard or multitasking. I was a huge webos fan so this is totally up my alley!
    06-05-13 03:51 PM
    I left apple for a few reasons:
    1) It was simply time for a change; over three years with apple more than satiated my appetite.
    2) I like to support a North American company; Apple's association with Foxconn is more than a little shady. BlackBerry is a far more reputable company.
    3) I loved the idea of a physical keyboard and now I'm loving the reality. This Q10 is a dream to type with!
    4) The multitasking capabilities far exceed the potential of iOS... Now that I've had this bad boy for a little over a week there is no going back!

Just my two cents,

Posted via Q10
    ioansuhov and Auxi like this.
    06-05-13 08:29 PM
    I have a special hate on for android virtual keyboards and many a time wished I could rip my hair out!!!
    I absolutely hate the touch typing INACCURACCY as I know I type correctly and an utter waste of time! I still use an android tablet for work but as soon as the BlackBerry playbook becomes compatible with OS10! Buh byeee android, in the gorbaage you go!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:22 AM
    The last BB I had was the 9930- I tried the Iphone4s (hated it), Iphone5 (loved it) and finally the S3G (didn't care for it). My first smartphone was blackberry so I think I just feel comfy with one. I couldn't wait for the Q10 so I got a Z10 to hold me over. I'll keep it around becuase I can't really make up my mind between the Q and the Z!
    06-06-13 06:05 PM
    I had and android for a week before getting my z10. It was a loner. And i hated it with a passion.

Sent via my Z10 support your local paramedics run with scissors.
    06-06-13 06:07 PM
    I left Android and an HTC One S. It was a pretty good phone but I got annoyed with a few things:
    - slow OS updates
    - slow OS altogether
    - clumsy and "old" feeling navigation
    - annoying "multitasking"

I got a Z10 because:
    - nice screen size and nice feel to the screen
    - I wanted to try a new and cutting edge OS
    - QNX is intriguing
    - loved the multitasking

Things I miss about my HTC One S:
    - the app choices
    06-06-13 06:43 PM
    i have the htc one x and i cannot wait to get the q10!
    android doesn't have true multitasking, battery life is not very good unless you root it and do all this stuff that takes so much time. I was never a bb fanboy although i have tried bb's at various times but i mostly used iphone/android. I am excited to get a physical keyboard phone as i used to have one and i loved it!
    06-06-13 07:25 PM
    I left android for a q10. I have several android devices so now that it was time to upgrade I went with something new.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 09:33 AM
    Left galaxy nexus the device is almost 2 years old and I keep switching back and forth. Main thing I'm struggling with is if the physical keyboard is worth the smaller screen.

Posted on my Q10.......while on the can
    06-08-13 10:23 AM
    I have the HTC One which I will be selling now that I have the Q10. I do still have my Lumia 920 though...I usually have two phones on me. I have problems...

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:41 AM
    I used android to test if it was workable but I think it sucks!

Ios works well but iPhone sucks

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:45 AM
    I left an iPhone 5 behind for the Q10, mostly because of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 02:40 PM
    Left my AtrixHD for the q10. Oh how I missed my keyboard. I even switched to vz because LTE is available and wasn't on att. I am happy with my choice.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 04:06 PM
    I moved from the iPhone 5 to the Q10 because I didn't like the elongation of the iPhone's form factor/screen, whereas the Q10 is embodies my ideal size/proportions. I prefer the 4s to the 5 for this reason, it's simply a more natural size/shape (and I have relatively large hands compared to most of the cell phone buying population).
    06-08-13 04:25 PM
    Me too. Left the iphone 5 and 4s for the real Good Battery of the Q10 and the best Keyboard which you will find on a smartphone!!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 05:06 PM
    had an iPhone and bought a nexus 7 because consuming media sucked on a small screen. soon i realized that i used my iPhone just for text related things like sms/whatsapp/emails and to organize myself with google calender. i also realized that i'm not the virtual keyboard guy so i bought the q10 and i'm happy since!
    so now the q10 is my communication device and the nexus 7 is for media consumption (feedly, facebook, youtube ...)
    06-08-13 05:19 PM
54 123