Can anyone confirm this? I first saw it on the Funzilla BBM channel C0010CD33 (I know, not a fantastic reference), and then found a reference on Twitter from @HackiPhone. Not very credible sources, but many rumours can actually be true!
    06-05-13 01:04 PM
    That rumour has been floating around for a day or two. Bloggers are picking it up. Right now all I've seen as evidence was a tweet purported to be from a person at BlackBerry.

I can't wait. I tried a Z10, didn't take for me, I missed too many of my Apple Apps. Hope to go back to it in the future. My wife has a Q10 which she adores. Not as concerned with Apps. I would love, love, love to be able to BBM back and forth. Right now we use What'sApp, but BBM is better.
    bigbadben10 and eddy_berry like this.
    06-05-13 01:16 PM
    Can anyone confirm this? I first saw it on the Funzilla BBM channel C0010CD33 (I know, not a fantastic reference), and then found a reference on Twitter from @HackiPhone. Not very credible sources, but many rumours can actually be true!
    Heard that too
    06-05-13 01:20 PM
    Whatever they do, they better be sure it's damn good. I'm sure most iOS / Android users will not even try the app, but if they try it and it's just okay, they will never come back. The first version must be good and future updates must make it perfect. Otherwise, it's a damn dead fish. One chance and one only!
    Thesmartmale and raysgrumpy like this.
    06-05-13 01:28 PM
    One is all you need. The best messaging app ever and only going to get better.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 10:07 PM
    One is all you need. The best messaging app ever and only going to get better.

Posted via CB10
    sorry don't use bbm, cna you tell me some pros and cons over whatsapp and skype? thanks!
    06-05-13 10:21 PM
    Thorsten Heins said that features would be added over time to the iOS and Android version, so don't expect stuff like BBM Video/Voice and screen sharing to show up until later versions.
    06-06-13 02:05 AM
    I don't work for BlackBerry or have any inside information but I'm going to guess it is just a rumor. Seems way too quick and they haven't hyped it enough yet.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 05:19 AM
    The Beta version has been available for quite some time now.
    06-06-13 05:24 AM
    Whatever they do, they better be sure it's damn good. I'm sure most iOS / Android users will not even try the app, but if they try it and it's just okay, they will never come back. The first version must be good and future updates must make it perfect. Otherwise, it's a damn dead fish. One chance and one only!
    They already said it would launch as a basic messaging app with no time table to add the premium services like video calls and screen share. I think it has the potential to further tarnish BlackBerry's image in the US. Everybody hypes BBM as the absolute best messaging service, but the version launching on IOS and Android will be a "bare bones" version. Facebook Messenger and Google Hangouts have a huge installed base and are almost as feature rich as BBM and constantly improving. It's going to be very difficult to convince IOS and Android users to switch to a new messenger and have to recruit their contacts to be able to use it

Sent from my Nexus 4 using CB Forums mobile app
    06-06-13 05:36 AM
    hopefully they figure out how to get it released to PLAYBOOK before IOS and Android smh.

Sent from  using Tapatalk
    06-06-13 05:40 AM
    I can see where there would be loads of Android and iPhone users who would use BBM; example, friends and family of corporate employees or government employees who have work issued BlackBerry devices who are not allowed to load WhatsApp or third party apps on their work issued devices. These individuals would be able to communicate via BBM where they currently can't.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    06-06-13 10:43 AM
    Does anyone know if the IOS and Android versions of BBM will offer the same type of secured messaging that is offered on Blackberry?
    06-06-13 12:13 PM
    They already said it would launch as a basic messaging app with no time table to add the premium services like video calls and screen share. I think it has the potential to further tarnish BlackBerry's image in the US. Everybody hypes BBM as the absolute best messaging service, but the version launching on IOS and Android will be a "bare bones" version. Facebook Messenger and Google Hangouts have a huge installed base and are almost as feature rich as BBM and constantly improving. It's going to be very difficult to convince IOS and Android users to switch to a new messenger and have to recruit their contacts to be able to use it

if what you said its true then it will fail. why would anyone use it if its basic messaging? why woudl they bother signing up for another basic messaging that have nothing else to offer. BB sure know how to fail sometime
    06-06-13 04:26 PM

Basic bbm doesn't bother me one bit. If I need to video chat, I can always use FaceTime or Skype.

Sent From My New IPad using Tapatalk
    06-06-13 05:18 PM
    No that's not necessarily true. It's been posted on the CrackBerry app, blackberry was quick with a rebuttal to disapprove that statement.

Posted via BlackBerry z10
    06-06-13 05:47 PM

This is exactly what I mean. I know what BlackBerry said, that's why I said what I said. :P

I can see where there would be loads of Android and iPhone users who would use BBM; example, friends and family of corporate employees or government employees who have work issued BlackBerry devices who are not allowed to load WhatsApp or third party apps on their work issued devices. These individuals would be able to communicate via BBM where they currently can't.

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    Good point! Didn't think of that. Let's hope there are enough work issued BlackBerry devices to achieve this effect
    06-08-13 09:10 AM