So I don't have a blackberry. I don't even know anyone who has one, let alone a playbook

I press Video chat and see.... A LOT OF CONTACTS.... They are all from FACEBOOK and GMAIL

HUH?!?! Does it work?? I don't know.. I don't know anyone that would pick up anyways... ;_;

BUT YOU DO!! GO INTO SETTINGS -> ACCOUNTS AND ADD YOUR FACEBOOK ACCOUNT
    also your email accounts for contact porting.... Perhaps you can call skype/hotmail...

Please test this out... this would be HUGE if multilplatform video chat was working all along!!! I mean why do you need BB10?!? (other than timeshift and epic keyboard O_O)
    ioansuhov likes this.
    06-05-13 10:36 AM
    You can do video calls with BB10 devices and other playbooks...nothing else is integrated nor is it cross platform.
    06-05-13 10:49 AM
    He's right, before I used to see only one contact, now I get a lot more with a video icon next to it..... gonna give it a try.
    06-05-13 11:00 AM
    no luck, I tried about 6 contacts and it gave me a not connected message..
    06-05-13 11:02 AM
    thats the same problem I got too.. but that might be because no one wants to talk to me '-'

aren't there more socialites around here????

You can do video calls with BB10 devices and other playbooks...nothing else is integrated nor is it cross platform.
    Can you be more specific?? Yes playbooks can call other playbooks using tablet pins. I have read about playbooks calling BB pins but it appears that BBs cannot call the playbook back for there is no response (this is what I read in a different thread. perhaps that is old news and the situation has changed?). also can the playbook only call BB10 or can it also call BB7??

And I thought nothing was integrated too... but I clearly see a lot of contacts when I press that video calling icon, which simply wouldn't happen if there truly was no integration. I see contacts with a facebook icon, and even non fb contacts appear, like a couple
    lets test to see what the actual limits are!!! if it includes gmail and facebook, who's to say it doesn't include hotmail/skype? (also what else is there again??)

INVESTIGATION IS IMMINENT
    06-06-13 06:57 AM
    Can you post any screenshot showing gmail/facebook contacts in the Video Chat app?
    06-06-13 07:07 AM
    So, I get a lot of contacts from FB on my Playbook. Some of them, are using BlackBerry os 5, 7 or 10 and I am able to call them and I also had tested and I am able to call my Q10 from my PB with video support (and it works great). So, the problem is how to call the PB from Q10, and I found a hard fix: you call your phone from PB, you have a small video chat and after you hang up, you will have on your Q10/z10 a hub notification with the call and if you click it you can call the PB (and it works! I am able to answer on PB while being called from Q10). But as I have said, I hope a more advanced user will tell me how to add the BlackBerry PB pin on BBM on Q10, as the hub is full of news and trying to get to a video call entry might take some time.
    GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-img_00000062.png

Posted via CB10 on my awesome Q10 !
    xalicks likes this.
    06-06-13 07:42 AM
    And this is the printscreen from PB to show you that I am able to call from my Q10.
    GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-img_00000037-1-.png

xalicks likes this.
    06-06-13 07:45 AM
    that is VERY COOL ioan!!! And thank you for verifying that the playbook can call any bb! But you say that it is still impossible to call a playbook through pin... BUT YOU CAN CALL BACK after a playbook has called you?? that's cool..

I wonder why this is only video calling.. does anyone know if there's anyway to send a text message or just an audio call??

and for the person asking for pic upload... i've taken a screenshot. after transferring to pc and and using paint to censor personal info I shall post it.. HEY I don't even need the pc though I can use the playbook to edit it and post on crackberry anyways eh?
    06-06-13 07:55 AM
    And here to show the initial person who posted that I am able to do it (sorry for the quality, I have used my ancient samsung galaxy mini... ).
    GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-img-20130606-wa000.jpg
    GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-img-20130606-wa001.jpg

Last edited by ioansuhov; 06-06-13 at 08:08 AM.
    06-06-13 07:58 AM
    But to answer the original post, I really do not think it will work on skype... I only have contacts who have (or had) a BlackBerry device once. And to restate, I've got really enthusiastic about founding out that I can do pb-bb10 calls (never knew till know) but please, if someone knows, tell me how to add my PB on my BlackBerry 10 (just a way of calling without the hub entry)... Thank you very much in advance.

06-06-13 08:01 AM
    Sorry everyone, I have just found another thread with my issued and still nobody managed to fix it. Sorry for posting here, too, but I still hope that someone would know how to help me . (also tried to add the PB pin and email address to a contact in the phone agenda - still doesn't work, just offers me the possibility to invite my PB on BBM, which is impossible) .

06-06-13 08:07 AM
    that is VERY COOL ioan!!! And thank you for verifying that the playbook can call any bb! But you say that it is still impossible to call a playbook through pin... BUT YOU CAN CALL BACK after a playbook has called you?? that's cool..

I wonder why this is only video calling.. does anyone know if there's anyway to send a text message or just an audio call??

and for the person asking for pic upload... i've taken a screenshot. after transferring to pc and and using paint to censor personal info I shall post it.. HEY I don't even need the pc though I can use the playbook to edit it and post on crackberry anyways eh?
    I can also do audio calls: with BlackBerry os 5,6 (have not tried) and 7 as they do not have a video camera and with my q10, I can do both audio and video. However, the same issue is still here: if I make a video call from PB to q10 I am able to call the PB with video (from the hub entry) but if I do an audio call I am able to do just audio call from Q10 (via the hub entry).
    EDIT: I wanted to say front facing video camera.

xalicks likes this.
    06-06-13 08:11 AM
    reeaaallyy... how do u do audio calls please elaborate. I actually have a single friend with BB and would love to call him (not video. thats gay). im probably gonna get his pin today regardless and mess around....

(EDIT: OH I just saw in your pic you posted, you can just answer with no video and it turns into an audio call. interesting. its too bad u can't actually send an audio only call though)

but yea.. skype will probably not work... but gmail and facebook contacts certainly show up as available to call!! PROOF ATTACHED

GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-pwnbook.jpg

and before people ask me OMG NO WAY HOW DID U DO THIS HACKER

please swipe down to settings (I love how I can say that) and then scroll to and press accounts. add your facebook account. then add your gmail account to integrate contacts and calender. the original purpose was to use messaging. I was using the facebook app for the longest time before realizing I could do this (which sucks, but it was made by RIM rofl) but using the messaging app for facebook is just majestic (oh and then remove the actual email component of gmail because no one wants the messages app to be flooded with thousands of emails.... i dont know how to add email without retrieving all the emails, but I have two addresses anyways and use pop3 forwarding on one. so I added the empty one to send emails too!! and no clutter. yay pwnbook!!)
    06-06-13 08:32 AM
    REMEMBER guys no one has actually picked up...

can someone do this and... oh ****... im a ******.... i have two facebook accounts...

IM GOING TO CALL MYSELF BRB LOLOLOLOL

EDIT: my fake account doesn't even show up.... im deleting and resyncing and restarting...
    calling myself using different browsers doesn't work either... I have made calls to friends using facebook on my main before but obviously never on my fake one. you probably need to make a successful call at least once for facebook to consider you own a webcam... hmmmm.. I will update once I get progress. but even if not I hope someone does a proper test and sees what happens!
    Last edited by xalicks; 06-06-13 at 08:55 AM.
    ioansuhov likes this.
    06-06-13 08:37 AM
    Hiding the email adress would have been useless to me, both me and my father receive already hundreds of spam mails (had the adress for about 12 years, and it has not changed not once...). And also, it is no shame to call/text/bbm etc yourself, it is realllyyyy funny at first and then you get used to )) (or not, still feeling a little bit forever alone : "oh, look, someone calls; yeah... me again") So, I am going to upload a screenshot in few minutes, cause I think I have seen an option on PB to start just an Audio, not video call.
    06-06-13 08:55 AM
    Oh, I realised right now "Welcome to the forum !" .
    xalicks likes this.
    06-06-13 08:57 AM
    thats the same problem I got too.. but that might be because no one wants to talk to me '-'

aren't there more socialites around here????

Can you be more specific?? Yes playbooks can call other playbooks using tablet pins. I have read about playbooks calling BB pins but it appears that BBs cannot call the playbook back for there is no response (this is what I read in a different thread. perhaps that is old news and the situation has changed?). also can the playbook only call BB10 or can it also call BB7??

And I thought nothing was integrated too... but I clearly see a lot of contacts when I press that video calling icon, which simply wouldn't happen if there truly was no integration. I see contacts with a facebook icon, and even non fb contacts appear, like a couple
    lets test to see what the actual limits are!!! if it includes gmail and facebook, who's to say it doesn't include hotmail/skype? (also what else is there again??)

INVESTIGATION IS IMMINENT
    I can call my moms playbook on my Z10 and she can call me on the ZED
    06-06-13 09:05 AM
    And here's the screenshot, you just have to click n the lower-right corner to disable the video.
    GUYS GUYS you can video chat ANYTHING (confirmation pending)-img_00000037-1-1-.png

06-06-13 09:12 AM
    I can call my moms playbook on my Z10 and she can call me on the ZED
    Please tell me, how do you call her? Via a hub entry or how have you managed to start a call?

06-06-13 09:13 AM
    oh thank you! I've actually been lurking crackberry for YEARS but never felt the need to post until now... (well maybe I did make an account long ago and forgot but i cant find anything in my current email accounts which are quite old.. so hopefully not......)
    OH TRUE just press the buttons on the botton right. its just the app thats called video calling but its calling of all kinds..
    IF ONLY you could send text too!

Lowell you can call your moms playbook from your zed? please elaborate..

ALSO... so I thought about it.... I think all those people in my list... I think they all.. AT SOME POINT IN THEIR LIFETIMES... linked their facebook with a playbook or blackberry ID...... that would make sense since I couldnt make myself showup on the list..
    but hey... maybe im wrong now and was right before... it would certainly be something if someone can get the playbook calling facebook
    06-06-13 09:39 AM
    u know this **** is unsolved till someone picks up. yea more people prolly have a playbook than I thought or maybe not but either way, someone has to pick up eventually lol
    06-08-13 10:13 PM
    Who's Lowell?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:53 PM
    Sorry I'm replying really late only saw this now, I video call my mom on the BBM video tab the call automatically rings on the pb and z10 (both use same BlackBerry id) if she answers on pb it stop ringing on z and video call is initiated.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 05:06 AM
    Thanks for the info! This is great!
    10-19-13 12:41 PM
28 12